5 Early Season Observations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shoulda_Woulda_Coulda View Post
    Um, did Wartburg drop their wrestling program? (Sorry about the sarcasm) but... Coe and Cornell can't win their conference let alone the National Championship even with a few more IL studs unless Wartburg falls off of a cliff! They have won every conference championship since 1993! They are not going anywhere and if you have seen the conference tournament lately number 2 isn't even close.

Just my 2 cents.
    I had to comment here. Am I biased? Yes. My question isjust this. Should all the other D3 teams just throw in the towel and give the National Title to Wartburg? Coach O and "Coach Rush" or Coach Duroe and his staff would NEVER hear of it. We are closing in and...well, let's just let the wrestling do the talking. Did you know that at a recent tournament Coe beat Wartburg for the team title? Yep...their starters were there. Could be an interesting year but...as always with Wartburg...let's see what the sememster brings.... I can tell you, Coe will have no transferrs OR 6th year seniors. Neither will Cornell....

I want to add that I think the ties to Coe and Cornell are the Illinois talent that is on both teams. Take a look at their rosters...
    sigpic
    Coe College Kohawks

Comment

Consider this

Originally posted by tilt View Post
      Coe and Cornell are top 5 right NOW. So they have the best chance to become National Champs with just a couple more Illinois studs.
      Okay, the new NWCA dual rankings are out and Elmhurst is IN THE TOP TEN!!!!

Now will you reconsider your position?

Illinois D3, All the way, I say!!

Comment

of course I want....

Originally posted by KJA View Post
        Okay, the new NWCA dual rankings are out and Elmhurst is IN THE TOP TEN!!!!

Now will you reconsider your position?

Illinois D3, All the way, I say!!
        ...to see Illinois D3 do well. How about a Bullard /Fitzenreider final?!?!

I mentioned Coe and Cornell because they are already top 5 and already have Illinois ties and are so close to dethroning a Wartburg if they both just land a couple of IHSA stars.

The Illinois D3 schools have a little more ground to make up ,thats all.

I think we are at the eve of a GOLDEN AGE of college wrestling for Illinois fans. With the depth and talent of our juniors and cadets its just a matter of time before they start shining at the college level.

And then we will see;

Both U of I and Northwestern top 5 D1

Maryville top 3 D2

Coe, Cornell,Elmhusrt and NC all top 5 D3

Harper -national champs

And all teams will have lots of former IHSA stars contributing to their success.

Comment

!!!

...to see Illinois D3 do well. How about a Bullard /Fitzenreider final?!?!

I mentioned Coe and Cornell because they are already top 5 and already have Illinois ties and are so close to dethroning a Wartburg if they both just land a couple of IHSA stars.

The Illinois D3 schools have a little more ground to make up ,thats all.

I think we are at the eve of a GOLDEN AGE of college wrestling for Illinois fans. With the depth and talent of our juniors and cadets its just a matter of time before they start shining at the college level.

And then we will see;

Both U of I and Northwestern top 5 D1

Maryville top 3 D2

Coe, Cornell,Elmhusrt and NC all top 5 D3

Harper -national champs

And all teams will have lots of former IHSA stars contributing to their success.
          Now you're talking! Dream big, think big, plan big!!

Comment

(that was fun)

BTW--I'd love to see a Bullard-Fitzenreider Final too!

Comment

with brian dyer wrestling again and only a junior will help north central. he was an animal in high school (wrestled for u of indiana?). saw he had to inj. def in the finals this weekend, anything serious or 27 year old body catching up?
              "Daddy's home"

Comment

don't know, but...

Originally posted by The Barnicle View Post
                with brian dyer wrestling again and only a junior will help north central. he was an animal in high school (wrestled for u of indiana?). saw he had to inj. def in the finals this weekend, anything serious or 27 year old body catching up?
                IDK for sure, but he's defaulted before when head to head with teammate Zobac, as has Bodi when head to head with Bonham. A lot of coaches do this, to get max team points in a tournament. And (correct me if I'm wrong) an injury default doesn't count as a loss on the record.

Comment

Originally posted by KJA View Post
                  BTW--I'd love to see a Bullard-Fitzenreider Final too!
                  I would pay (oh damn I got a press pass) to see that one too...

Comment

ahmmm .... Harper was national champs 2 years ago

Comment

quick look at the wartburg roster and there is not much illinois representation.

coe and cornell should have a good dual this year though!

Comment

Originally posted by wrestler1003 View Post
                        quick look at the wartburg roster and there is not much illinois representation.

coe and cornell should have a good dual this year though!

Cornell will be wrestling at Augustana College Friday night at 7:00pm

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Hood Sr View Post
                          Good to know! Thanks. We (Rick and I) aren't going to Vegas this year to the Desert Duals so we may just show up may Augie!!
                          sigpic
                          Coe College Kohawks

Comment

this may hurt a bit (if you are an Augustana fan)

Originally posted by Tim Hood Sr View Post
                            Without Scholten in the lineup, Augustana will be hurting against Cornell. Quiros and Richardson are pretty good though. Will be interesting to see how they do.

Comment

Harper -national champs
                              Please, do not forget about Triton College, sir. Though it's been a few years, we've been National Champions four times to date.
                              Four-time NJCAA Champions
                              12 Top Three Team Finishes
                              22 Top Ten Team Finishes
                              119 Academic All-Americans
                              82 All-Americans
                              15 National Champions
                              Four World Team Members
                              Two Olympians

Comment

checked them out

Originally posted by Triton College Wrestling View Post
                                Please, do not forget about Triton College, sir. Though it's been a few years, we've been National Champions four times to date.
                                Just looked at the roster and it was cool to see they have a full roster with almost all Illinois kids. Several state qualifiers and a ton of sectional qualifiers.

How has this team been doing this year?

Comment

Working...
                                X