• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Greco Rules

any thoughts?

http://www.themat.com/section.php?se...rticleID=24479
    "Daddy's home"

Not sure

#2 - I will be waiting to see how the "chest to chest" starting position will be ruled. It is simple enough to understand but where are the hands and hips positioned during this start?

#5 - I am opposed to taking the par-terre position out of a match at any point. It is up to the official during the 30 seconds to not allow negative wrestling.
    "I welcome you to the community of people that have decided easy will no longer suffice"
    - Mark Rippetoe

Comment

Originally posted by cross-fit View Post
      #2 - I will be waiting to see how the "chest to chest" starting position will be ruled. It is simple enough to understand but where are the hands and hips positioned during this start?

#5 - I am opposed to taking the par-terre position out of a match at any point. It is up to the official during the 30 seconds to not allow negative wrestling.
      I actually like these tweaks to the rules. It makes no sense to me to break up every period with an arbitrary par terre start. At the Senior Nationals, however, I did not see what I expected based on the FILA announcement, in regard to the "strict enforcement" of the rules. I still saw a lot of blocking with the head and lack of offense. I am afraid that the rest of the world is going to have a leg up on us in the US as a result of lack of strict enforcement. We have gotten used to a very defensive style of wrestling that I don't think the rest of the world will tolerate.
      "Boys freestyle. Real men Greco."

Comment

Working...
      X