Midwest Classic @ Univ of Indianapolis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midwest Classic @ Univ of Indianapolis

Semi-Final matches will begin 10:00am est. tomorrow morning. Finals should begin around 1:00pm. Maryville has four wrestlers competing in the Semi-Finals:

149- Keenan Hagerty vs. Marc Hoff, Ashland University
    157- Joey Moorhouse (Marengo, IL) vs. Jake Ballard, McKendree, (IL)University
    165- Brett Rosedale vs. Sean Byrnes, Newberry
    197- Matt Baker vs. Charles Morgan, King College

Live Webcast will resume 10:00am est. tomorrow and will continue throughout the day. Tune in and chat!Livestream.com enter Maryville Wrestling in the search window and you are on.

‎25 total teams
    Team scores as of 12/18 9:54pm est:
    1) Newberry 87.5
    2) Upper Iowa 74.0
    3) West Liberty 62.5
    4) THE MARYVILLE UNIVERSITY 46.0
    5) Northern State 45.0

Joey Moorhouse vs. Josh Ballard.
    not jake. sorry for being a grammar nazi

Comment

Originally posted by mat king View Post
      Joey Moorhouse vs. Josh Ballard.
      not jake. sorry for being a grammar nazi

I cut pasted this from someone else. No disrespect meant.

Comment

Originally posted by MR TWISTER View Post
        I cut pasted this from someone else. No disrespect meant.
        No wonder you got Joey's last name spelled correctly...lol

Comment

Originally posted by wrestlersdad View Post
          No wonder you got Joey's last name spelled correctly...lol
          That was brutal. I have not spelled his name wrong in over a year...lol....but I might spell your wrong....LOL!

Comment

That was brutal. I have not spelled his name wrong in over a year...lol....but I might spell your wrong....LOL!
            Check it out.......
            As a knowledgebale poster you seem to be spot on with this post tilt. Maryville has two Illinois wrestlers on their roster, Joey Morehouse (Marengo) and Dimitri Willis (Montini). Morehouse will start this year and Willis has a chance to start. Either way both will play a large role in formulating the future of the Maryville program. Illinois will play a piviotal role in this future powerhouses plans. Yes tilt Illinois will be recruited by Coach Denney and primarily by Mario. Wrestlers that want all of the things that tilt listed should pay attention to Maryville.
            lol....got ya!!!!!

Comment

Check it out.......

lol....got ya!!!!!
              Yeah you did....Damn...change your name to the way I spell it then...lol...seriously...I apologize....

Comment

Yeah you did....Damn...change your name to the way I spell it then...lol...seriously...I apologize....
                Not a problem Twist...just busting chops......lol...beside you know the old saying....it doesn't matter what they say about you ...as long as they spell your name correctly....oh wait....lol

Comment

Not a problem Twist...just busting chops......lol...beside you know the old saying....it doesn't matter what they say about you ...as long as they spell your name correctly....oh wait....lol
                  I always say good things about Joey. He is my recruit....which is why I need to spell his name right...right? Anyway I see he is developing an attack offense. Some of that working with Rio is paying off. Good tourney for him in Indy.
                  Last edited by MR TWISTER; 12-20-2011, 07:07 PM.

Comment

I always say good things about Joey. He is my recruit....which is why I need to spell his name right...right? Anyway I see he is developing an attack offense. Some of that working with Rio is paying off. good tourney for him in Indy.
                    Yes you always do say good things about him Twist and I appreciate it...I'm just playin with you...and yes, he is developing a very nice game on his feet (thanks in large part to Mario)...but that is leading to a couple of issues.....when he does shoot, he does well, but has not developed the mentality or confidence to push the attack....and two, he has lost a little of his mat game in the process of improving on his feet (that was his strength)....but he is working hard and improving every day...and more importantly...he is enjoying being a college wrestler....

Comment

Just a matter of time....he is a "freshman"

Yes you always do say good things about him Twist and I appreciate it...I'm just playin with you...and yes, he is developing a very nice game on his feet (thanks in large part to Mario)...but that is leading to a couple of issues.....when he does shoot, he does well, but has not developed the mentality or confidence to push the attack....and two, he has lost a little of his mat game in the process of improving on his feet (that was his strength)....but he is working hard and improving every day...and more importantly...he is enjoying being a college wrestler....
                      He has not "lost" the mat game. He has just put it to the side. What I think will happen once he settles into a comfortable spot in the line up and has been through everything you will see him put it all together in a dangerous package. That might be this year or next but it will happen. I saw flashes of it Sunday in that quarterfinal match. If he keeps going out there he will figure it out. He is a smart kid so I am sure he is thinking about it while taking in all of this new info. Confidence comes with getting your hand raised. And the working with Mario part. He is the most confident wrestler I have met. He always thought he was going to win and it will rub off on Joey. Mark my words.

BTW...How can you not enjoy wrestling for Mike Denney?

Comment

he's right dad. it's not that i've lost my mat game. it just happens that im focusing more on wrestling on my feet since getting that first takedown is crucial in college wrestling. i'll get back to focusing on the mat again soon dont worry

Comment

Working...
                        X