No announcement yet.

Horrible Officiating!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched the dual and was shocked by the officiating in that match. But the more I watched and started to think about it, is anybody shocked that Michigan got screwed AT Ohio State? I know we are used to the rivalry on the football field and can forget about it on the wrestling mat. I'm sure Woody Hayes is getting a good chuckle from this along with The Ohio State University community.

Comment

Originally posted by deuce_19 View Post
      I watched the dual and was shocked by the officiating in that match. But the more I watched and started to think about it, is anybody shocked that Michigan got screwed AT Ohio State? I know we are used to the rivalry on the football field and can forget about it on the wrestling mat. I'm sure Woody Hayes is getting a good chuckle from this along with The Ohio State University community.
      Fred Feeny posted elsewhere that after the buzzer the referee went to the AR and asked, "do you have 1 and 2 or just 2?" The AR responded, "I have an inadvertent whistle." The response threw off the referee as he was pretty sure he hadn't blown his whistle. It obviously went downhill rapidly from there.

It's my understanding that the "official story" at this point is that the referee ended up going along with the AR's version of events and thus only gave 1 as that was all that had been earned at the time of the IW. They neglected to put time back on the clock and re-wrestle the bad time from the neutral position.

I've watched and re-watched (both the B1G broadcast and the Flo video) and listened at ridiculous levels of volume and have been unable to make out any IW during the sequence. I'm starting to wonder if the whistle came from the grassy knoll.

Comment

Working...
      X