Softball throw?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Softball throw?

I was watching the NIU vs. Northwestern dual and@ 197 Lukowski from NIU executed a front headlock throw by. The announcer called it a "softball throw." Does anyone else call it this? I have never heard of it before. I wasn't sure if it was just another case of the FINE announcers for these student-run productions, or if this guy knew a name for a move that I had never heard.

Funny - I hadn't read your post and posted on the thread about terrible student U announcers that these guys on the NU/NIU broadcast were pretty good IMHO. I heard the softball reference too and haven't heard it before. Stephen Boyle who made the comment is from Virginia so it could be a regional thing (I only know who he is and where he's from because I work at NU and had him in a class - I am not a student U stalker!)
    Contributor wrestlingmom.net
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brooksbrosmom View Post
      Funny - I hadn't read your post and posted on the thread about terrible student U announcers that these guys on the NU/NIU broadcast were pretty good IMHO. I heard the softball reference too and haven't heard it before. Stephen Boyle who made the comment is from Virginia so it could be a regional thing (I only know who he is and where he's from because I work at NU and had him in a class - I am not a student U stalker!)
      They were much better than the announcers usually are, but just never heard of a softball throw.

Comment

Originally posted by bigvern77 View Post
        I was watching the NIU vs. Northwestern dual and@ 197 Lukowski from NIU executed a front headlock throw by. The announcer called it a "softball throw." Does anyone else call it this? I have never heard of it before. I wasn't sure if it was just another case of the FINE announcers for these student-run productions, or if this guy knew a name for a move that I had never heard.
        At least he did not call it a reversal like the announcers did during the penn state nebraska meet? They were awful. Everything was a reversal or a stalemate.

Comment

Originally posted by justadad View Post
          At least he did not call it a reversal like the announcers did during the penn state nebraska meet? They were awful. Everything was a reversal or a stalemate.
          Yup! They were pretty bad! They never knew who had control. The announcing of the OT match was disgraceful!

Comment

I have heard it called a softball throw before.
            http://www.video-infinity.com

Comment

I coach in Wisconsin and that is what I call the move you are describing when I am teaching my wrestlers. I am not sure where I learned the move; it has been a while!!

Comment

Working...
              X