Siu-e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Siu-e

Did ray leave saw something on mat said siu e postion open. He did a amazing job at Montana northern
    on my best day I can beat anyone. On my worst day I could beat anyone-gl

Yes, he did.

Originally posted by greenlantern View Post
    Did ray leave saw something on mat said siu e postion open. He did a amazing job at Montana northern
    You saw that, but not this: http://themat.com/section.php?sectio...rticleID=26331?

Comment

K . Be cool if brought pat McNamara back

Comment

As much as some of us would like to see Pat back at SIUE, I just dont see that happening.

Comment

I don't think Ray left by his choice. Look & see how many wrestlers quit this team. They didn't field a full team most of the season. Talk to the Alumni, They didn't like this guy. That program could of had the million dollars that was given to the Edwardsville high school wresting program but they didn't fast track wrestling.
          This guy was not good for one of Illinois's few D1wrestling programs, just talk to some of the people that wrestled for him!

Comment

Originally posted by annon. View Post
            I don't think Ray left by his choice. Look & see how many wrestlers quit this team. They didn't field a full team most of the season. Talk to the Alumni, They didn't like this guy. That program could of had the million dollars that was given to the Edwardsville high school wresting program but they didn't fast track wrestling.
            This guy was not good for one of Illinois's few D1wrestling programs, just talk to some of the people that wrestled for him!
            Idk him, seems like to much of a hardass n old school for this generation

Comment

SIUE Coach

As an alumni, I did not know coach Ray well.

Moving forward, we need to help in any way we can find the best possible coach to make this a competitive program that helps offer division I wrestling to as many Illinois graduates as possible.
              "Keep moving forward." Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by greenlantern View Post
                Idk him, seems like to much of a hardass n old school for this generation
                If you didn't know him then why speculate if he was too much of a hardass or too old school for this generation? Anyway, Coach Ray did get a competitive schedule for SIUE but they need a lot of recruits to help the few solid kids they do have (Wood, Myers, Devine, Residori) and that means a coach with the name recognition to accomplish that.

Comment

About time, hope they make a good hire.

Comment

Originally posted by aaafan View Post
                    If you didn't know him then why speculate if he was too much of a hardass or too old school for this generation? Anyway, Coach Ray did get a competitive schedule for SIUE but they need a lot of recruits to help the few solid kids they do have (Wood, Myers, Devine, Residori) and that means a coach with the name recognition to accomplish that.
                    I didnt know him on basis to have cup of coffee. I know he was a top naia coach n probaly devolped best naia wrestler of all time.

Comment

But NAIA and D1 are completely different.

Its tough to take a struggling D2 program, turn them NCWA for a few years, and then go D1. That would be a tough task for ANY coach.

Comment

There is no reason why NIU and SIUE couldn't be the IL equivalent to Edinboro and Lehigh. You get the right guy in there, the kinda guy who can mend fences and recruit and watch this program take off. I've got a good feeling about this.
                        http://www.video-infinity.com

Comment

Originally posted by James_Oliva View Post
                          There is no reason why NIU and SIUE couldn't be the IL equivalent to Edinboro and Lehigh. You get the right guy in there, the kinda guy who can mend fences and recruit and watch this program take off. I've got a good feeling about this.
                          I hope you are right. The press release fell short of saying they were searching for a top name though. It didn't say they would not either though. We'll see.

Comment

I think they're looking at some good candidates.
                            Last edited by James_Oliva; 04-17-2013, 09:47 PM.
                            http://www.video-infinity.com

Comment

Good Riddens

Originally posted by annon. View Post

I know first hand a lot of the guys didn't like him and left ..or quit wrestling... he would demean the lesser wrestlers ...and if you ever got the opportunity to see him coach matside you would see him do it during matches...and not really coach them like most coaches...(hip hip .. don't reach ...your offense..etc...) just really reserved.. looks of disappointment disgust...but that was him in the chair...he did have plenty of good guys in the chair... grad asst, ..hurt wrestlers ex. Eric Pretto was an amazing coach...these kids have been doing this there whole life you don't tell them they ''suck'' ya teach them something

Comment

Working...
                              X