• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zain rethorford

Big win over stieber!!! Wow

Penn state got better from last year no idea how they aren't winning
    on my best day I can beat anyone. On my worst day I could beat anyone-gl

Comment

I saw the match...Stieber looked as if he was sick. Never saw him so lethargic. Retherford may have had something to do with that.

Comment

Just shows you how small the margin for error is in college wrestling.

Comment

It looks like Tom Ryan has some problems over there at OSU. Either everyone has the flu or his wrestlers need an attitude adjustment.
          By hesitating you are making a choice. You’re choosing to take the decision out of your own hands and put it in the hands of someone else. And that means that you lose.

Comment

Ive been following this kid for years, he never stops wrestling. His passion for the sport is incredible. I mean he was a cadet world champ, but a huge win an upset nonetheless.

Comment

PA in PA

Originally posted by greenlantern View Post
              Penn state got better from last year no idea how they aren't winning
              Keeping those PA Boys in PA- Cael is a smart coach!

Comment

Originally posted by Clarion167 View Post
                Keeping those PA Boys in PA- Cael is a smart coach!
                Like Marsteller and Haines (both of whom are looking to become 4x PA state champs this season and decommitted from PSU). I would not be surprised if one or both of them are the difference in the PSU run ending in the near future.

Comment

So far I have been incredibly impressed with Cael's eye for talent. If he let Haines go, I am guessing that he thought Nevills was a better prospect. We will know in a few years. I do not know what happened with Marstellar. That kind of thing happens. Maybe it was money or a girlfriend or something else, but Cael tried to keep him.
                  I guess what I am saying is, you can't blame Cael for the boys not staying at PSU. He made a decision and he lost a kid. It happens every day in the world of college sports.

Comment

Originally posted by lookleft goright View Post
                    So far I have been incredibly impressed with Cael's eye for talent. If he let Haines go, I am guessing that he thought Nevills was a better prospect. We will know in a few years. I do not know what happened with Marstellar. That kind of thing happens. Maybe it was money or a girlfriend or something else, but Cael tried to keep him.
                    I guess what I am saying is, you can't blame Cael for the boys not staying at PSU. He made a decision and he lost a kid. It happens every day in the world of college sports.
                    I'm not blaming Cael for where any kid goes to school. Just responding to the specific post about keeping PA kids at PSU when arguably the top 2 seniors from PA this year went elsewhere after committing to PSU. Cael has done a great job to have enough studs lined up to keeping him in the running for a title every year for a while. I also would not be surprised if the decision by those 2 to go elsewhere results in PSU coming up a few points short of a title at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by PapaBearSLIM View Post
                      Like Marsteller and Haines (both of whom are looking to become 4x PA state champs this season and decommitted from PSU). I would not be surprised if one or both of them are the difference in the PSU run ending in the near future.
                      Good point PapaBear. I still think Cael is focused on heavy recruiting in state. He will always get quality out-of-staters, too. The PSU run wont be over for a while...kind of like the big Iowa run.

Comment

Originally posted by Clarion167 View Post
                        Good point PapaBear. I still think Cael is focused on heavy recruiting in state. He will always get quality out-of-staters, too. The PSU run wont be over for a while...kind of like the big Iowa run.
                        PSU might not be the top team in their conference in a couple years, let alone the nation

Comment

Originally Posted by PapaBearSlim

PSU might not be the top team in their conference in a couple years, let alone the nation
                          I remember when people said the same thing about the University of Iowa in the eighties, but they went on to win 9 straight national titles. There were a lot of years when Gable did not get the best recruiting class, but he took great wrestlers and made them national champions and he took above average wrestlers and made them great.

At this time Cael is not in Gable's league as a coach, but I see some similarities. Cael is recruiting in state talent and has gotten the most out of ALL the kids he has recruited. Ohio State is young and will challenge Penn State in the next few years, as well as Minnesota, Oklahoma State and Oklahoma. Only time will tell, but at this time Penn State is the king of college wrestling.

Comment

Yes, very true, however maybe they will be. I don't think that just because he had the two top HS kids from Pennsylvania decide not to go there, doesn't mean PSU's program is doomed to fail in two years.
                            By hesitating you are making a choice. You’re choosing to take the decision out of your own hands and put it in the hands of someone else. And that means that you lose.

Comment

Umm I'm still waiting on why Cortez isn't at psu . Perry recruits kids Cael chooses who he wants
                              on my best day I can beat anyone. On my worst day I could beat anyone-gl

Comment

Working...
                              X