Ed Ruth.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ed Ruth.

I finally got to see Ed Ruth wrestle for the first time thanks to BTN.
    I have heard all the hype and all the negative.

(IMO) He has great mat awareness, balance and some very out right great moves. Pretty much chain.

Just watching his wrestling and leaving out all the other stuff.
    He is Good. I'm impressed.

Originally posted by promartinez View Post

(IMO) He has great mat awareness, balance and some very out right great moves. Pretty much chain.

Ruth does make it look effortless, doesn't he. It doesn't seem possible that he will lose this year. I think it was Jim Gibbons that said that if he plans on going onto the freestyle stage Ruth will not find it not so easy to score. As well as, at times Ruth will not go all out on every scoring opportunity and miss on takedown opportunities and that is something he will have to fix if he wrestles internationally.
    By hesitating you are making a choice. You’re choosing to take the decision out of your own hands and put it in the hands of someone else. And that means that you lose.

Comment

Originally posted by promartinez View Post

What, the first time ever? What planet do you come from? lol
      By hesitating you are making a choice. You’re choosing to take the decision out of your own hands and put it in the hands of someone else. And that means that you lose.

Comment

Originally posted by inpain View Post
        What, the first time ever? What planet do you come from? lol
        Lol Really Hard!
        Got the Facebook message saying BTN.
        Turned it on and they introduced them.
        Court got a quick take down.
        I was like he is not that good. Lol.
        Then Ruth started to wrestle.

Crab ride all different ways even to standing.
        Loved not going to lift and bust but hand at chest and other at belly then switched.
        Back and forth.
        Nice!

Comment

Ruth does make it look effortless, doesn't he. It doesn't seem possible that he will lose this year. I think it was Jim Gibbons that said that if he plans on going onto the freestyle stage Ruth will not find it not so easy to score. As well as, at times Ruth will not go all out on every scoring opportunity and miss on takedown opportunities and that is something he will have to fix if he wrestles internationally.
          Yes he looked bored or there to get the job done.
          I honestly think he could have pinned him or teched him.
          Who knows what's going through their heads.

Seems easy from the outside perspective.

Comment

Ruth

He avenged his loss in the finals as a freshman, last year to the kid (from Cali?). The reason he looks bored is, well, I think he's bored. Not alot of close matches. He is long and strong and not afraid to scramble. I dont see him losing...
            lastchance

Comment

Gibbons is stating the obvious. Ruth has been humbled in each of the last 2 years trying his hand at freestyle.

Comment

Didn't Ruth qualify for the university world tournament last year. I am not sure I would call that being humbled. Did I miss something?

Comment

Originally posted by lookleft goright View Post
                  Didn't Ruth qualify for the university world tournament last year. I am not sure I would call that being humbled. Did I miss something?
                  Maybe you did.

I watched matside as Ruth won a spot on the university world team. During that tournament he wrestled the same Kenny Courts that he handles in folkstyle. Ruth won that match as well but was not nearly as dominant.

Then there was this tournament that Ruth entered this year:
                  http://s302.trackwrestling.com/tw/op...ntId=727877010

Point being, as super human as Ruth seems in folkstyle he becomes mortal again in freestyle.

Comment

Originally posted by jburk View Post
                    He avenged his loss in the finals as a freshman, last year to the kid (from Cali?). The reason he looks bored is, well, I think he's bored. Not alot of close matches. He is long and strong and not afraid to scramble. I dont see him losing...
                    Amuchastegui from Stanford is to whom you're referring. Ruth defeated him in the finals as a sophomore, 13-2, after injury defaulting to Nick in the quarterfinals the year before. Amuchastegui was up 9-2 at the time of the default. Here's the match: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phNY-e3UMao

Last year, as a junior, Ruth handily defeated Robert Hamlin from Lehigh in the finals, 12-4.
                    Four-time NJCAA Champions
                    12 Top Three Team Finishes
                    22 Top Ten Team Finishes
                    119 Academic All-Americans
                    82 All-Americans
                    15 National Champions
                    Four World Team Members
                    Two Olympians

Comment

Originally posted by PapaBearSLIM View Post
                      Point being, as super human as (enter name here) seems in folkstyle he becomes mortal again in freestyle.
                      This is quite common for most American wrestlers.
                      Four-time NJCAA Champions
                      12 Top Three Team Finishes
                      22 Top Ten Team Finishes
                      119 Academic All-Americans
                      82 All-Americans
                      15 National Champions
                      Four World Team Members
                      Two Olympians

Comment

Ruth is one of my favorites to watch. He is a controlling wrestler that racks up points on turns and cradles. Relaxed and calm as he goes to work.

Comment

Working...
                        X