Murphy revenge tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murphy revenge tour

The 3 time runner-up at Michigan beat Max Schneider two weeks ago, and I heard he was in an event where he might face Luke Smith. Will be interesting to see when he gets to face Langendefer down the road.
    sigpic

"On the bloody morning after, one tin soldier rides away..."

Jacob Salazar beat Luke Smith 4-2 SV not sure why Murphy wasn't starting would have liked to see that rematch aswell

Comment

Murphy is red shirting this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Luvwrestling View Post
        Murphy is red shirting this year.
        If he is red shirting, then he should have been competing unattached at the Cliff Keen invite and not for Michigan. I saw he medically defaulted out after losing to James Green from Nebraska. He may be injured, if so he may be able to get a medical redshirt.

Comment

Originally posted by golden eagle 157 View Post
          If he is red shirting, then he should have been competing unattached at the Cliff Keen invite and not for Michigan. I saw he medically defaulted out after losing to James Green from Nebraska. He may be injured, if so he may be able to get a medical redshirt.
          I haven't talked to his mom in awhile. When he went to Michigan, it was understood he would redshirt his first year. I didn't pay attention to the Cliff Keen Invite bracket sheet to see how he was listed. Perhaps he/the team had a change of heart and wanted him to start his first year.

Comment

Originally posted by Luvwrestling View Post
            I haven't talked to his mom in awhile. When he went to Michigan, it was understood he would redshirt his first year. I didn't pay attention to the Cliff Keen Invite bracket sheet to see how he was listed. Perhaps he/the team had a change of heart and wanted him to start his first year.
            I watched the match against Green on Flo and he was in a Michigan singlet. Many of the Michigan redshirts wrestled unattached at the Wisconsin Open that weekend at UW Parkside.

Comment

Originally posted by golden eagle 157 View Post
              I watched the match against Green on Flo and he was in a Michigan singlet. Many of the Michigan redshirts wrestled unattached at the Wisconsin Open that weekend at UW Parkside.
              you can wrestle some matches for the university and still redshirt. Its based on how many matches he wrestled this season, or i think it might go by percentage

Comment

I talked to his dad a little bit ago and his redshirt was pulled.

Comment

Originally posted by will-I-am View Post
                  you can wrestle some matches for the university and still redshirt. Its based on how many matches he wrestled this season, or i think it might go by percentage
                  http://www.ncaa.org/wps/portal/ncaah...y_seasons.html

The percentage of matches only applies to Medical Redshirts. For instance, Jordan Burroughs injured his knee in December and was given a medical redshirt year because he competed in small percentage of matches for the season.

Comment

Michigan pulled him out of redshirt. Vegas doesn't"t let unattached wrestlers compete. Once you wrestle your redshirt is over. Only a medical redshirt could help them and that's very hard to get. The NCAA screwed over BJ futrel. He should of gotten another year. Complete bs.

Comment

Working...
                    X