No announcement yet.

Recruiting at U of Ill.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those questioning whether Mike Carr will be back next year (fingers crossed that there are winter sports) the zoom photo posted on social media showed him in the team meeting but not the other graduating seniors so i would call that irrefutable evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by jay31 View Post
      For those questioning whether Mike Carr will be back next year (fingers crossed that there are winter sports) the zoom photo posted on social media showed him in the team meeting but not the other graduating seniors so i would call that irrefutable evidence.
      That would be excellent!

Comment

Originally posted by jay31 View Post
        I think the discussion was originally if he would be back for that 6th year he lost to injury, not if he would return next season (we were discussing the Illini in 2 years going for a trophy). Somehow it morphed into if he would be back for next season.

As a redshirt junior now I'm sure the plan was compete 4 in 5 which I didn't/don't expect him to deviate from. Not part of the plan was getting hurt and losing a year of competition that he could likely get back. Not so sure he comes back after next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Nelson*0.5 View Post
          The Renteria commit surely has IMAR's fingerprints all over it. A few years back you would have attributed that type of signing to Perry and/or the Tirapelle connection. In 2020, that credit's gotta go to IMAR.
          Renteria was coached in high school by Troy Tirapelle and Gabe Flores. Both teammates of Mike Poeta at ILL. While the Cali connection to ILL has been a positive influence on the University’s wrestling program, I have to believe that that was mostly Poeta/Tirapelle/Flores as they were all teammates first. Obviously helps that IMar is an hour from the school back home and has seen recent success within the program.

Comment

Working...
          X