Ethics question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ethics question

I was just thinking if we are having 2021 NCAAs there is no reason we could not have had 2020, i am sure virtually no one in the building will have had 2 doses of vaccine by mid-March. With that in mind what if the 2020s had been held and 1 person died. Would that have been worth it? What about 10 people, or 50. I don’t even know how to answer except would you want to explain to the family of the 1 person why it was worth it.

Also to be clear i have no objection to 2021 being held so that is why i ask.

Comment

The dead person or persons, are they associated with wrestling teams from Iowa, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Penn State, Purdue, Michigan, Michigan State, Indiana, Maryland, Ohio State, Northwestern or Rutgers?

I'm just kidding and being a homer ****. I would say that obviously a wrestling tournament, even one as grand and important as the D1 NCAAs, isn't worth a single human life. I would suggest that 2021 is actually quite a bit different from 2020, in that we know more about the virus now, and we have a better SOP. I don't think you can have one grand bubble like they did for the NBA season, but each team should be practiced now in maintaining their own individual team bubbles.

It could be argued that getting these young men away from campus, the purty girls, the keggers and Gammy stopping by with cookies and kissing you with her ruby-red lips (Gammy, don't you know that that lipstick belongs in the 1970s or on Lady Gaga?), would be a safer situation than staying in a team bubble at the NCAA tournament. Good question. Cheers to no casualties.

Comment

This conversation is silly. People die, that's what they do. But do people actually live? ...And... do zombie lives matter?

We stopped 7.65 billion people from living for terrible models that were constructed under false assumptions.

We should not have stopped anything, and that was well known from the beginning by top epidemiologists, case closed:

https://www.statnews.com/2020/03/17/...reliable-data/

https://mikaeltamillow96.medium.com/...g-b825e7284262

Comment

"People die, that's what they do. But do people actually live?"
          -- Thanos?

Mike, the issue isn't whether people die; the issue is when. With over half a million deaths in the United States, this was a mass casualty event. Imagine the carnage that would've resulted without masks, hand washing, social distancing and lockdowns.

I'm glad the NCAA and their member schools are taking the risks seriously. Stay safe!

Comment

Well there you have it, Billy Badass declares the "case is closed" thank God that's over
            Last edited by HuffHall; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

All I know is Rudy Gobert should make a big donation to bring back a shuttered wrestling program or something.

Comment

Another Wrestling Ethics Question: You are the ILLINI Coaching Staff. The Nebraska coach asks for an extra match for Liam Cronin, and you agree, but then the Cornhuskers doesn't wrestle Cronin in the dual against Cardani. You see Cronin warming up for his extra match. What do you do?

Comment

I put Cardani out there for the extra match.

Comment

Danny Brawlnagel will enter the Big Ten Tournament undefeated with some very nice wins. Spectacular season so far. I think we can lay to rest any worries about the hand injury and any possible resulting effects on his gas tank.

Lucas Byrd leading the team with seven wins. He is gonna be a tough out in the post season. Seems like the kind of wrestler coaches dream about.

I hope Mike Carr is okay. Kudos to Danny Pucino wrestling up, surrendering his unblemished record for the ILLINI. We're gonna love this kid.

Dylan Duncan can taste AA status he's so close.

Luke Luffman solidifies his #4 seed in the BTT. He'll probably move into the top five of the National rankings.

The Cardanalorian with another shoulda, coulda match. Two mental lapses cost him a win. He let Cronin in on his legs with seconds to go in the period. Then, he had a second or two to lock up the riding time point and didn't drop to Cronin's leg. He had a stall warning to give, and he can stalemate that position in his sleep against the Cornhusker. If he makes only one of those two mental errors, he either wins or gets to SV. That must be frustrating.

I found out that ESPNU requires a cable subscription login on the ESPN ap. I did get a free preview, which was just long enough to watch the match at 125. They need to get somebody at ILLINOIS to provide timely updates on the match results on Twitter.

GO ILLINI!!!

Comment

Originally posted by HuffHall View Post
                      Well there you have it, Billy Badass declares the "case is closed" thank God that's over
                      Finally I get some respect! Thank you!

Comment

Your future came to me in a vision, Mike. You will train for the WWE as the act called "Spontaneous Combustion." I'll be your Manager Al Chemist. The part where we hold up a blanket, drop it, and you disappear, I've got down pat. The gasoline is where I've run into a few problems. But not to worry, like I said, this came to me in a vision so it's totally legit.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefIllini1 View Post
                          Your future came to me in a vision, Mike. You will train for the WWE as the act called "Spontaneous Combustion." I'll be your Manager Al Chemist. The part where we hold up a blanket, drop it, and you disappear, I've got down pat. The gasoline is where I've run into a few problems. But not to worry, like I said, this came to me in a vision so it's totally legit.
                          Chief, I'm gonna tell you what my dad told me. -> I believe in you, but I don't believe you.

Comment

Working...
                          X