Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ILLINI Recruits at Fargo

More proof that the ILLINI are FIRE.

Christian Carroll is in the finals at Fargo. Kannon Webster is in the finals at Fargo. Caden Ernd made it to the quarter-finals and beat an Iowa state champ along the way. This is at a Fargo with brackets so large it almost looks like it is two Fargos trying to fit into one Fargo.

Kannon Webster teched his way to the final except for one match. Christian Carroll teched or pinned his way to the championship, except one guy was able to keep it within five. The recruiting classes coming in this year and next year will be extraordinary.

2 finalists and 2 Freestyle national titles for Illinois commits! My big question is what weight do we see these two at when they don the gray singlet with the big I.

I was a bit surprised to see Caroll up at 220. Could he be a 285 in college? I'd kinda like to see him at 197, but he will be a great big man no matter what weight he's at.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Webster at 141. He's got a frame that you can add some bulk to plus I think he'll add a few inches in height before he sets foot on to campus in Champaign. He is a great position wrestler and knows how to scramble well for a kid who has not even entered 11th grade. He'll be a stud no matter what weight he is.
    Last edited by Nelson*0.5; 1 week ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Nelson*0.5 View Post
      2 finalists and 2 Freestyle national titles for Illinois commits! My big question if what weight do we see the two at when they don the gray singlet with the big I.

I was a bit surprised to see Caroll up at 220. Could he be a 285 in college? If kinda like to see him at 197, but he will be a great big man no matter what weight he's at.

I wouldn't be surprised you see Webster at 141. He's got a frame that you can add some bulk to plus I think he'll at a few inches in height better he sets foot on to campus in Champaign. He is a great position wrestler and knows how to scramble well for a kid who has not even entered 11th grade. He'll be a stud no matter what weight he is.
      This is fantastic news! Juniors who dominate a Fargo bracket are much more likely to be big-time point-scorers at the NCAAs. Coach Poeta said that he wanted to challenge for podium finishes with the ILLINI, and, my friends, things are going pretty well in that respect right now. A couple of great recruiting classes coming in during the next two years, a super-solid coaching staff from lightweights to upperweights, MMA to Freestyle to Greco, a great young team already in the room, and watch out....

Congratulations to the whole State of ILLINOIS for winning a "team" crown in the Fargo Juniors division. I had heard that Pennsylvania and Iowa would be challenging, sending their best teams in years, but the ILLINI come out on top. Top form!

Then,

HEY RECRUITS! Wanna Train with the Best in Russia for YOUR World Championship?

That's what Luke Luffman, Zac Braunagel and Danny Pucino just did. They're getting ready for Junior Worlds by practicing with the best in the world. Well, they're the best in the world for now, until Champaign-Urbana, Illinois overtakes North Ossetia, Russia.

That's Coach Medlin leading a pack of hungry wolves. If you want to see the entire video, and you have the Twitter, you go here. If you want to donate to the ILLINOIS Regional Training Center (IRTC), then go here instead. There's a later video on Twitter of the guys wrestling actual human Russians! Big Brawny is even shown taking down a Russian World Champion, Khetik Zsabolov. Danny Pucino's hanging out with World Medalists like Sidakov and Bajrang Punia.

My friends, this feels to me like that moment just before the tsunami when the tide goes out to sea as far as you can see, leaving an empty beach, and you're thinking, "WTF?", and then the ILLINI sweep in and destroy everything.

Comment

CORRECTION: That was Danny Braunagel in Russia, not Zac.

Comment

I can't tell for sure Chief but it seems like you're really excited, no? :-)

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefIllini1 View Post
            CORRECTION: That was Danny Braunagel in Russia, not Zac.
            I can't believe you can't tell them apart.

Comment

Originally posted by IlliniinIowa View Post

I can't believe you can't tell them apart.
              I've been hornswoggled! The twins got me. One day, Danny needs to weigh in at 165 and have Zac wrestle. Haha!

Comment

Originally posted by HuffHall View Post
                I can't tell for sure Chief but it seems like you're really excited, no? :-)
                This is reminding me of the Tirapelle-Glen-Friedl-Jayne-Ott-Poeta-Pero years that won a Big Ten title and seriously challenged for podiums. I can't be more excited, Huff!

Comment

Team ILLINOIS won a Junior Greco team title. Congratulations! Helping the state to win the honor were ILLINI recruits Kannon Webster (3rd) and Caden Ernd (4th). Additionally, Ghee Rachal made the podium. Super job by them and all of the other ILLINOIS ALL-AMERICANS!

GO ILLINOIS!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X