Fro-Soph or Varsity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fro-Soph or Varsity?

You have a small team composed of all 1st year wrestling Freshmen and 1 Sophomore who only has one year of experience which is from his Freshmen year. Your Conference Tournament is coming up and you as the coach want them to compete in the Fro-Soph Conference Tournament but the Conference Administration states they have to wrestle in the Varisty Tournament because you only have one team. Is that accurate and/or fair to your program? Also, then what constitutes/ who is eligible to compete in a Conference Fro-Soph Tournament?

Your team

Originally posted by Bellafonte View Post
    You have a small team composed of all 1st year wrestling Freshmen and 1 Sophomore who only has one year of experience which is from his Freshmen year. Your Conference Tournament is coming up and you as the coach want them to compete in the Fro-Soph Conference Tournament but the Conference Administration states they have to wrestle in the Varisty Tournament because you only have one team. Is that accurate and/or fair to your program? Also, then what constitutes/ who is eligible to compete in a Conference Fro-Soph Tournament?
    I say wrestle where you think your team should be. What is the conference gonna do, take away your birthday? And I would hope your AD would have their teams schools back, as there job is to do what is best for their team and coaches, not the conference.
    Nobody ever drowned in their own sweat

Comment

Originally posted by eazymoney View Post
      I say wrestle where you think your team should be. What is the conference gonna do, take away your birthday? And I would hope your AD would have their teams schools back, as there job is to do what is best for their team and coaches, not the conference.
      You must go to the tournament. Welcome to the awesome world of logistics. Your administration will want you to respect their rules no matter what you perceive as best. At the very least do not take advice that can compromise your standing with your superiors because of the opinion of a guy on a message board who uses the wrong version of “they’re”.

Comment

Make sure you send your request in writing. When the conference responds in writing get it to your lawyer. If someone gets hurt, litigation ,litigation.

Comment

Their vs They're

They're is a contraction of they are, which in this case would be wrong,
          THEIR is possesive, meaning it belongs to them,
          so their back, would be correct since the back belongs to them.
          I hope this a discussion I have one.

Ive got yore back
          Last edited by Pokey8595; 01-16-2020, 11:56 AM. Reason: adding funny line

Comment

Tell your AD this isn't golf or tennis! Do what you think will develop your team for the future. And like someone else said, get it in writing.
            Always support your local wrestling tournament concession stands!!!

Comment

Working...
            X