Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bellafonte
    replied
    Wilmington regional had 4 CPS schools drop out. What a joke ... Actually only 2 CPS schools did not show, Fenger and Julian. CICS Longwood did not show, either, but they are not a CPS school.

Leave a comment:

• I8Pride
    replied
    Wilmington regional had 4 CPS schools drop out. What a joke

Leave a comment:

• 1aFan
    replied
    This is harder to read as it won't format too well, but below is the number of 3 man through 11 man brackets per class.

1A 2 5 20 38 56 39 32 24 8
    2A 5 19 52 73 54 20 0 0 0
    3A 1 4 18 45 72 73 11 0 0

Leave a comment:

• 1aFan
    replied
    Total wrestlers in all regionals by class

1a - 1674
    2a - 1329
    3a - 1566

In 2a, over 50% of all wrestlers will advance to sectionals

2a Oak Forest regional - 52 of 62 kids move on to sectionals

1a regionals:
    Robinson regional has 129 entrants
    Princeton and Dwight have 126 entrants
    Polo has 119 entrants

Most in 2a is 102 @ grayslake, most in 3a is 109 @ Prospect

1A
    Bowen 353
    Olympia 433
    Oregon 446
    Vandalia 442

2A
    Darien 298
    Deerfield 335
    Mascoutah 343
    Rochelle 353

3A
    Barrington 401
    Hinsdale 370
    Hoffman 392
    Quincy 403
    Last edited by 1aFan; 02-07-2020, 02:42 PM. Reason: add more stats

Leave a comment:

• Mike Honcho
    replied
    Originally posted by TWTilt View Post
    I just hope the kid is really healed up and not being put in further/more serious damage. Tolono seems to bend the rules with their "transfers" this year and now this kid recovers faster than expected. Wouldn't surprise me that his jaw is still healing is all that I'm saying.

So you're kids at 182 as well huh?? Is he in Micah's Regional, Sectional or does he get to wait till State to get beat by him. Now I'm sure you'll reply with the fact that you're kid is either not in HS yet or has already graduated, but I'm sure you can see how your comments look....a little bitter! And whatever you reply with might even be true. Whatever your beef is with Micah or Tolono, I'm sure the trainer or doctor seeing him and his coach probably have a little better idea of whether or not he is ready to go that you do?

Leave a comment:

• 1aFan
    replied
    2a regional at Rock Island has 7 teams so max of 7 in a bracket.

103 1a brackets have > 7 wrestlers in the bracket.

Fair and equitable to the kids???

Leave a comment:

• 1aFan
    replied
    Numbers can change after weigh ins, but looking at trackwrestling and showing the number of entrants at each weight in the 1a regionals there are by my count:

5 of 16 regionals have at least 1 11 man bracket
    a total of 8 brackets across all regionals have 11

Leave a comment:

• eyecu2
    replied
    Back to the subject. Based on entries 1 sectional has 4 weights with 11 covering 2 regionals. Another has 2 weights from 2 regionals. A 3rd regional has 2 weights from 1 regional. And as expected the 4th has no weights with over 10 wrestlers. Now these numbers could go up or down after weigh ins when brackets become official.

Leave a comment:

• oldcougar149
    replied
    I just hope the kid is really healed up and not being put in further/more serious damage. Tolono seems to bend the rules with their "transfers" this year and now this kid recovers faster than expected. Wouldn't surprise me that his jaw is still healing is all that I'm saying.
    I am sure this has nothing to do with rule bending, Micah is a great competitor and if he has been cleared then he should wrestle, it shows a lot of mental toughness that kids seem to lack these days.

Leave a comment:

• TWTilt
    replied
    This ain't the pros joe

Leave a comment:

• slingshot
    replied
    Recovery time is typically 6 weeks. Not sure how he could even be allowed to practice or allowed to wrestle in about a month. Seems a little fishy if you ask me.
    Jason Witten broke his jaw and played the very next week. Different breaks/healing time for everyone

Leave a comment:

• TWTilt
    replied
    Recovery time is typically 6 weeks. Not sure how he could even be allowed to practice or allowed to wrestle in about a month. Seems a little fishy if you ask me.

Leave a comment:

• admin
    replied
    Originally posted by slingshot View Post
    heard micah downs is out for postseason... any details on the situation?
    Heard directly from Micah yesterday. He is cleared to wrestle!

Leave a comment:

• wrestling observer
    replied
    Originally posted by slingshot View Post
    Broken Jaw I believe. Very unfortunate. I wonder if he can go with a mask of some sort? I believe its been broken for over a month now.

Leave a comment:

• slingshot
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X