Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

State Tournament Covid rules IHSA won't say

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • State Tournament Covid rules IHSA won't say

    So according to the State Farm Center call center, in order for you to attend or participate in the IHSA State Tournament you WILL show proof of vaccination or a covid free test result within 72 hours. Why isn't IHSA communicating this? Why does one have to dig deep into the IHSA board meeting minutes to read the board approved any venue mandates, yet won't communicate? So what happens if one competitor from your team gets a positive result? Your whole team would be quarantine and no one will participate in the individual state tournament. What if a parent gets a positive covid test? Your wrestler is quarantined, done. I've never heard of a false negative, but there's plenty of false positives, only you don't have NFL type money to fight it and retest.

  • #2
    I don't believe wrestlers would have to test or quarantine if vaccinated, right?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Suffer Now View Post
      I've never heard of a false negative, but there's plenty of false positives.
      There are false negatives, but the probability of actually having COVID at any random time makes false positives much more likely.

      You have to take the rate of COVID in the population and the likelihood of false positive and true positives to find the actually likelihood that a test is a true positive.

      So if there is a 99.5% true positive rate and a .5% false positive rate, but 99.5% of people in the population don't have COVID, and .5% of people in the population do have COVID, then half of all the positive tests are wrong.

      Then again, anyone who thinks it is OK to segregate and "other" a group of people is wrong and fundamentally horrible. These monsters will be responsible for their own genocide. They earned it!

      Comment


      • #4
        No, they don't test, they can just show proof of vaccination it what the State Farm Center website states.

        Comment


        • #5
          This is sooo bogus. First, the testing and vaccinated requirement could be lifted for the weekend. We should not be pushing our healthy teens to get vaccinated. They have a higher risk of a bad reaction to the vaccine than of having any complications to Covid.

          Second, the IHSA needs to communicate the information now so we all know what we are required to do!

          Comment


          • #6
            I imagine the mask nazis will be in full force during the tournament providing a most wonderful experience. Mask up inbetween bites and sips.
            IHSA needs to be looking for a new venue for next year now. I suggest a non collegiate venue. Preferably in Iowa.

            Comment


            • #7
              I expect this will largely be a non-issue. 95% of the kids on our HS team are vaxxed and 100% of the ones with any chance of making it downstate. I imagine this will the case at most high schools.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Suffer Now View Post
                So according to the State Farm Center call center, in order for you to attend or participate in the IHSA State Tournament you WILL show proof of vaccination or a covid free test result within 72 hours. Why isn't IHSA communicating this? Why does one have to dig deep into the IHSA board meeting minutes to read the board approved any venue mandates, yet won't communicate? So what happens if one competitor from your team gets a positive result? Your whole team would be quarantine and no one will participate in the individual state tournament. What if a parent gets a positive covid test? Your wrestler is quarantined, done. I've never heard of a false negative, but there's plenty of false positives, only you don't have NFL type money to fight it and retest.
                Update, IHSA confirms State Farm Center will not be asking for proof of vaccination, or negative covid tests, just mask up. Good news.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Suffer Now View Post

                  Update, IHSA confirms State Farm Center will not be asking for proof of vaccination, or negative covid tests, just mask up. Good news.
                  Great news! Let them Wrestle!

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X