Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Dwyer over Mario Gonzalez

Great Match Dwyer takes it at the end with a reversal

thats a pretty good upset, i always knew dwyer was good but i wouldnt of guessed that cause gonzalez is a stud

Comment

Originally posted by foxforever44 View Post
      thats a pretty good upset, i always knew dwyer was good but i wouldnt of guessed that cause gonzalez is a stud
      Upset? Dwyer's the stud & he proved it

Comment

Dwyer won the match and he deserves the credit . But I was there so I will give you the break down of the match . The first 10 seconds of the match Mario shot a deep double leg and picked Dwyer up and slamed him down on his back for a 5 pt move , however the slam though it looked legal , it was Hard , Mario was on his knees , and did not pick Dwwyer up over his head, I think that is the rule, But it knocked the wind out of Dwyer and it was a hard slam to the mat, the call illegal slam , now its not Mario 5-0 and maybe a pin , it is Dwyer 1-0 big difference in the match . Mario who got in on a couple more Double legs seemed to be a little gun-shy and not as aggresive as he ussally is. First ,.. anyone who knows Mario he would not do a body slam to hurt anyone ! We in the audience were all glad Dwyer did not get hurt. Dwyer came back and wrestled like a stud !
        Mario did dominate the entire match and then at the end with 5 seconds left Dwyer reversed him and won the match. More impressive then the Match ..... was the class both wrestlers kept through-out the match, Both Warrriors and Both Good wrestlers. Good luck to both Mario and Dwyer . thanks for the good sportsmanship, and not letting it get ugly !!
        I think it also shows the Quality in both coaches. !
        www.TravelAnyWhereStore.com

Comment

Originally posted by aurorabob View Post
          Dwyer won the match and he deserves the credit . But I was there so I will give you the break down of the match . The first 10 seconds of the match Mario shot a deep double leg and picked Dwyer up and slamed him down on his back for a 5 pt move , however the slam though it looked legal , it was Hard , Mario was on his knees , and did not pick Dwwyer up over his head, I think that is the rule, But it knocked the wind out of Dwyer and it was a hard slam to the mat, the call illegal slam , now its not Mario 5-0 and maybe a pin , it is Dwyer 1-0 big difference in the match . Mario who got in on a couple more Double legs seemed to be a little gun-shy and not as aggresive as he ussally is. First ,.. anyone who knows Mario he would not do a body slam to hurt anyone ! We in the audience were all glad Dwyer did not get hurt. Dwyer came back and wrestled like a stud !
          Mario did dominate the entire match and then at the end with 5 seconds left Dwyer reversed him and won the match. More impressive then the Match ..... was the class both wrestlers kept through-out the match, Both Warrriors and Both Good wrestlers. Good luck to both Mario and Dwyer . thanks for the good sportsmanship, and not letting it get ugly !!
          I think it also shows the Quality in both coaches. !
          Congrats to Dwyer, but the kid seems to get hurt everytime he wrestles. He was limping around during both Pc and Marian dual both bouts had to be stopped for injury time, glad to see it wasn't too serious though.
          SUPPORT OUR TROOPS
          US AIR FORCE

Comment

What wt. 189 or 215?

Which weight class did they wrestle 189 or 215?

Comment

i was at that match. and dwyer got really lucky. that was a bad call and mario got a crap call against him. mario wins that match 9 out of 10 times.

Comment

Originally posted by JAMFISHING View Post
                Which weight class did they wrestle 189 or 215?
                I'm curious also since I heard Dwyer may be wrestling 171 shortly. Wonder what the weight difference was?

Comment

Originally posted by cut'em92 View Post
                  i was at that match. and dwyer got really lucky. that was a bad call and mario got a crap call against him. mario wins that match 9 out of 10 times.
                  I was also at the match and I respectfully disagree. Although the slam was not a severe one, it was technically the correct call. The remaining 5 1/2 minutes were extremely close, with Dwyer pulling off a great reversal with 3 seconds remaining. Both wrestlers showed a lot of class. For that especially, I have a new found respect for Gonzalez. . . . but the result was a fair one.

Comment

T talked to someone who knows. Dwyer is coming down from 220, which is what he weighed during football. Mario is coming down from about 210. Mario weighed in at 190-191 (2 lb. allowance). Dwyer weighed about 186. Visually, they looked pretty even in the weight department. Dwyer is big.

All of Dwyer's points came on the slam and escapes when Mario cut him. Mario took him down three times (one resulted in no points due to the "slam"). Dwyer wrestled smart and well, but very defensive. I don't recall him initiating a move on his feet. In the final 10 seconds he was able to reverse Mario in a scramble. Final score was 5-4.
                    "Boys freestyle. Real men Greco."

Comment

Just for future reference, the rule on slams does not have any references to being from the knees or over the head. It is a judgment call.

Comment

Gonzalez also had a close match with Stenberg from Lockport who bumped up to wrestle him today. i think that was a two point match.

Comment

Working...
                        X