Ranked #1 in 3-weight classes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ranked #1 in 3-weight classes

It appears to me that Lee Munster could POSSIBLY be ranked #1 in the state at the 160lb-171lb-& 189lb weight classes. Has there been anyone else this dominate to be a potential state champion in three weight classes (not to mention they span 29lbs)? I understand that variables could change once he reached those weight classes but it's certainly not out of the question.

Originally posted by foosemaster View Post
    It appears to me that Lee Munster could POSSIBLY be ranked #1 in the state at the 160lb-171lb-& 189lb weight classes. Has there been anyone else this dominate to be a potential state champion in three weight classes (not to mention they span 29lbs)? I understand that variables could change once he reached those weight classes but it's certainly not out of the question.

has he wrestled a match at 160, or certified there?

Comment

It wouldn't surprise me. In the past I felt that 3 wrestlers on any given day could beat anyone in the state at ANY weight; Fagiano, Brantley, and Ward. I saw Brantley beat Goebel twice, I saw Ward beat Kowalczuk, and Fagiano beat a lot of guys as well.
      sigpic

"On the bloody morning after, one tin soldier rides away..."

Comment

robinson and gonzalez @ 189

Originally posted by foosemaster View Post

might disagree... if reggie doesnt go 215 maybe 4 classes?

Comment

but those guys are bigger

Originally posted by mckbln View Post
          It wouldn't surprise me. In the past I felt that 3 wrestlers on any given day could beat anyone in the state at ANY weight; Fagiano, Brantley, and Ward. I saw Brantley beat Goebel twice, I saw Ward beat Kowalczuk, and Fagiano beat a lot of guys as well.
          than munster....!

Comment

munster is easily one of the most dominant wrestlers in the state. cant wait to see his senior year

Comment

Originally posted by concerned_citizen View Post
              munster is easily one of the most dominant wrestlers in the state. cant wait to see his senior year
              thats a scary thought haha.
              "When you are not practicing, remember, someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win"

Comment

Ya this guy is nasty it will be interesting.

Comment

Why can't you just watch this year? in my opinion he has a better chance of going undefeated and winning state this year than next year. DOnt get me wrong he will probably still be the favorite next year, but with dwyer and brooks at 189 next year and jowhan akui at 171 next year makes it hard to put anything in stone for 2010.

Comment

Munster is the real deal and I don't see anyone taking him but who has gave him the best match so far and who if anyone can make it close or upset him?

Comment

Originally posted by 228stud View Post
                      Munster is the real deal and I don't see anyone taking him but who has gave him the best match so far and who if anyone can make it close or upset him?
                      Sounds like Matt Dwyer.....lost 4-2.

Comment

Agreed, but . . . .

Lee Munster is an incredible athlete, and no doubt worthy of the praise in this thread. But this reminds me of the annointing placed upon him about 12 months ago. Everyone in the state just knew he would waltz through the 140 bracket in Champaign. But . . . . somebody forgot to tell Reese Taylor . . . . and then . . . . Elias Larson. So let's be careful.

Best of Luck to Lee, I agree that there may very well be two or three weights that he could win.

Comment

Munster

To me the most impressive thinng about his victories over Stenberg and Dwyer at Sycamore was that he did give up a takedown in either match.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainefan View Post
                            To me the most impressive thinng about his victories over Stenberg and Dwyer at Sycamore was that he did give up a takedown in either match.
                            I dont think he has given up a takedown all year... but i may be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by FoxesFan View Post
                              Lee Munster is an incredible athlete, and no doubt worthy of the praise in this thread. But this reminds me of the annointing placed upon him about 12 months ago. Everyone in the state just knew he would waltz through the 140 bracket in Champaign. But . . . . somebody forgot to tell Reese Taylor . . . . and then . . . . Elias Larson. So let's be careful.

Best of Luck to Lee, I agree that there may very well be two or three weights that he could win.
                              Yea...kind of reminds me of when Fanthorpe got upset by Oster at 112lbs in the state finals....but then Fanthorpe came back the following year to dominate 119lbs in one of the toughest weight classes in IHSA history. Go figure.
                              sigpic

"On the bloody morning after, one tin soldier rides away..."

Comment

Working...
                              X