Ranked #1 in 3-weight classes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mckbln View Post
    Yea...kind of reminds me of when Fanthorpe got upset by Oster at 112lbs in the state finals....but then Fanthorpe came back the following year to dominate 119lbs in one of the toughest weight classes in IHSA history. Go figure.
    So if history repeats itself, this should be Lee's year. The great ones are motivated by upsets, get back to work, and just come back stronger. Looks like that's what Munster has done.

Comment

All i know is their is a sleeper getting ZERO pub when he should be at 171.....His name will become known come February....Book IT!
      sigpic
      No ONE goes against the HOUSE!

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
        All i know is their is a sleeper getting ZERO pub when he should be at 171.....His name will become known come February....Book IT!
        Are you talking Watson from Batavia, or is Vargas from Wheeling dropping to 171?
        sigpic

"On the bloody morning after, one tin soldier rides away..."

Comment

I saw Ed Giese get beat in 1981, I was there. (Heck, I wrestled him that year! He was tough!) That being said, anyone of the top tier can beat another on any given day.

However, that's not what we're talking about. Or should be talking about, anyway.

What I saw in Munster vs. Dwyer (or Munster vs. anyone this year for that matter) is a young man that has rapidly matured into his physique. He's strong, fast, conditioned, and above all, clearly intelligent. Not that the others are not, that would be demeaning. But what I saw was clearly special.

I mean no disrespect to Mr. Stenberg or Mr. Dwyer, but they experienced what i saw, and that's a better wrestler. Nothing personal in that.

Can Lee be beat? Yes, I suppose, but it'll have to be that rare quick cradle or something bizarre like that, the kind of thing that caught Ed. Short of that Lee Munster never loses again in high school.

Dave...

Comment

plenty of dominate wrestlers could have won at higher weight classes. technique goes a long way. especially at the lower weights where there isnt a big gap.

Comment

Are you talking Watson from Batavia, or is Vargas from Wheeling dropping to 171?

I will say it is neither of those to wrestlers...But those too could shake some things up!

This person is low on the radar, and he will suprise many.
              sigpic
              No ONE goes against the HOUSE!

Comment

not used to loosing

Originally posted by FoxesFan View Post
                Lee Munster is an incredible athlete, and no doubt worthy of the praise in this thread. But this reminds me of the annointing placed upon him about 12 months ago. Everyone in the state just knew he would waltz through the 140 bracket in Champaign. But . . . . somebody forgot to tell Reese Taylor . . . . and then . . . . Elias Larson. So let's be careful.

Best of Luck to Lee, I agree that there may very well be two or three weights that he could win.
                I think that after munster lost to someone like taylor who wasn't to well know he just fell apart he is definetly not used to loosing so after that he just gave up against larson.
                "Do today what others wont. So you can do tomorrow what others can't"

Comment

Originally posted by trixwrestler View Post
                  I think that after munster lost to someone like taylor who wasn't to well know he just fell apart he is definetly not used to loosing so after that he just gave up against larson.
                  I wouldn't call being hurt giving up, but to each they own. I know Lee didn't wrestle the next week at team sectionals due to the injury.

Comment

Yea...kind of reminds me of when Fanthorpe got upset by Oster at 112lbs in the state finals....but then Fanthorpe came back the following year to dominate 119lbs in one of the toughest weight classes in IHSA history. Go figure.
                    To bad Oster got hurt at sectionals would of made a great rematch finals

Comment

Originally posted by foosemaster View Post
                      It appears to me that Lee Munster could POSSIBLY be ranked #1 in the state at the 160lb-171lb-& 189lb weight classes. Has there been anyone else this dominate to be a potential state champion in three weight classes (not to mention they span 29lbs)? I understand that variables could change once he reached those weight classes but it's certainly not out of the question.
                      here is two people that could have easily have done that:

Mikey Benifiel and Albert White
                      G-4

Comment

Originally posted by next View Post
                        To bad Oster got hurt at sectionals would of made a great rematch finals
                        If I remember correctly, Oster was soundly losing that match before he got hurt. He was not a shoe in to even make the finals.

Comment

Originally posted by Dondo View Post
                          If I remember correctly, Oster was soundly losing that match before he got hurt. He was not a shoe in to even make the finals.
                          he got taken down and when he stood up gagan pulled him down and his ankle just didn't move. I saw the tape. He finished the match on an ankle he couldn't put weight on. First time he ever took injury time in hs I heard. He pinned gagan at conference when he was up big

Comment

Originally posted by Twenty4/7 View Post
                            he got taken down and when he stood up gagan pulled him down and his ankle just didn't move. I saw the tape. He finished the match on an ankle he couldn't put weight on. First time he ever took injury time in hs I heard. He pinned gagan at conference when he was up big
                            Gagan was a big surprise coming Sectionals and State that year. He really peaked at the right time. I'm thinking many didn't expect he would make it to the finals.

Comment

Originally posted by Dondo View Post
                              actually Oster got hurt going for a throw on the first take down thats how Gagan got the first take down. The only offensive points he had scored in 3 matches with Oster that year. So before you try to remember next time please take your alzhimer meds.

Comment

71 sleeper

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                I hear that train a comin'.

Comment

Working...
                                X