No announcement yet.

Upsets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come on everyone it was a great day of wrestling and I got to see some fantasic matches. Congratulations to all that made it and if someone got caught, there is always next weekend.

Comment

The way people speak of the victory and throw in the word caught is what discredits the winning wrestler. It's never used in a positive way, or I never here used in a positive way. It's always "so and so was winning and got caught with a throw, or a cradle, or whatever the move may be." When you "catch " a good wrestler it is never an easy thing to do. Its implying luck and not the hard work that the losing kid had to do to work his way into position to hit the move. For the coaches that have been to seeding meetings, when you hear the losses all you hear is "well we were winning and the kid got caught". I can only read that one way. Luck. It really is a pointless rant and i'm done. I just wish that more people gave credit to a victory and kept the word caught out of it. A win is a win no matter how you get it(unless ilegal moves or intentional injury happens) Wrestlers across the nation work way to hard to simply imply that they get lucky against a harder foe.

Comment

Originally posted by ZBCOACH View Post
        The way people speak of the victory and throw in the word caught is what discredits the winning wrestler. It's never used in a positive way, or I never here used in a positive way. It's always "so and so was winning and got caught with a throw, or a cradle, or whatever the move may be." When you "catch " a good wrestler it is never an easy thing to do. Its implying luck and not the hard work that the losing kid had to do to work his way into position to hit the move. For the coaches that have been to seeding meetings, when you hear the losses all you hear is "well we were winning and the kid got caught". I can only read that one way. Luck. It really is a pointless rant and i'm done. I just wish that more people gave credit to a victory and kept the word caught out of it. A win is a win no matter how you get it(unless ilegal moves or intentional injury happens) Wrestlers across the nation work way to hard to simply imply that they get lucky against a harder foe.
        Some wrestlers do get caught, others use it as an excuse. Like I said, the state series is not over and it will all work out in the end. Good luck everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by ZBCOACH View Post
          You are correct. I dont like the word caught because that term if for baseball and football. In wrestling if you are out of good postion for just a moment someone can take advangte of that and most will try to. I dont say a guy got caught because thats a excuses. I would say he needs to work on his postioning so another oppoenet doesnt take advagte of what the last guy did
          on my best day I can beat anyone. On my worst day I could beat anyone-gl

Comment

Not caught twice

For those who were not in attendence here it is.

9-3 Klimara

Klimara takes a lazy shot, Drendal Throws him across his body (ie. lateral/head and arm)

9-8 Klimara

Klima bellys out, gets to his knees and faces Drendal and takes another lazy grab at Drendal's Leg, and Drendal neck wrenches him to his back and through the mat. PIN

If no pin, Drendal up 11 - 9

Heely even said you don't get "caught" Twice

No Doubt Klimara is an excellent wrestler and will place high, but give Drendal a little credit when he practices throws especially the one that he "Caught" him in on a daily basis.

His brother is freaking all-world in Greco, don't you think some of those skills may come out in Nick.

How about alittle about the crowd who cheered for Drendal when he "Caught" him twice, and then booed when he won to get Klimara back into the tounament
            I quit caring for you, when I quit yelling at you!

Comment

i think davis got a little screwed over in the match also. Dont think that should ve been two at the end of the third period (davis drendel match) but it was close, i just dont see the ref being able to call two when the wizzer is still in.

Comment

Originally posted by BIRDMAN66 View Post
                For those who were not in attendence here it is.

9-3 Klimara

Klimara takes a lazy shot, Drendal Throws him across his body (ie. lateral/head and arm)

9-8 Klimara

Klima bellys out, gets to his knees and faces Drendal and takes another lazy grab at Drendal's Leg, and Drendal neck wrenches him to his back and through the mat. PIN

If no pin, Drendal up 11 - 9

Heely even said you don't get "caught" Twice

No Doubt Klimara is an excellent wrestler and will place high, but give Drendal a little credit when he practices throws especially the one that he "Caught" him in on a daily basis.

His brother is freaking all-world in Greco, don't you think some of those skills may come out in Nick.

How about alittle about the crowd who cheered for Drendal when he "Caught" him twice, and then booed when he won to get Klimara back into the tounament

Nobody booed because he got Kilmara back into the tournament. The ref was booed for giving Drendel the match winning takedown in his semifinal match.

I don't believe you can say that Drendel was lucky for pinning Kilmara because he put him to his back twice in under a minute. Apparently Healy felt the same way. I also don't think that Drendel should have been in the finals because he did not establish control to be awarded the takedown. Just my opinion, take it for what it is worth.
                There are no losers in wrestling, just winners and learners.

Comment

Birdman66

I don't think they were booing because Drendel won the match over Davis to let Klimara back in, but more about how the Ref blew the call BIG TIME to enable him to win the match. You gotta wonder if the Ref knew what was at stake.

Comment

Working...
                  X