Rob Sherrill's first-round blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rob Sherrill View Post
    Well, anybody who thinks adding classes doesn't dilute the talent doesn't know wrestling. At 119...three falls, a tech and a major. At 125...five falls, a tech and a 15-1 decision. When you put a No. 1 against a No. 4 you're asking for blowouts. This is the way it's going to be from now on, folks.
    Which is something many of us were complaining about when the IHSA first came up with the moronic idea of going to 3 classes...
    sigpic

"On the bloody morning after, one tin soldier rides away..."

Comment

Originally posted by mckbln View Post
      Which is something many of us were complaining about when the IHSA first came up with the moronic idea of going to 3 classes...
      Well said by you and everyone else who makes the point. Having said that, I think the next round will start getting interesting...I'm going to start a blog over on the AA board now. We'll see if the same thing happens.

Comment

yeah who knows lets wait until the next two rounds to make any other judgements. as ai recall at state previous years their are blow outs in the first rounf but no doubt not like this year.

Comment

who knows maybe the IHSA will change that "moronic" idea of the three classes

Comment

Originally posted by King Cradle View Post
            who knows maybe the IHSA will change that "moronic" idea of the three classes
            I highly doubt that will happen. I know it's not the best situation for the large schools, but it was designed to create more participation. The middle sized schools are the ones that benefit the most.

Comment

Working...
            X