Surber/Desario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surber/Desario

Was this the only 1-0 match of the tourney? How did it go? What a quarterfinal, Desario undefeated and Surber has lost once. I picked whoever won this match was going to win it.

desario gave up a penalty point i think he had his feet around the head, i pick oster
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS
    US AIR FORCE

Comment

Yes, the only point was for an illegal head scissors late in the first period. Surber nearly had him reversed to his back late in the second period...I think he got a little greedy instead of just taking the one. I know if you can't score off the bottom you shouldn't expect to win, but if you think your chance to beat Surber rests on being able to get one escape, well...that's not knowing your opponent. DeSario never came close to getting out. He did show me a lot, though...that match was worthy of being wrestled later than the quarterfinals.

There was one other 1-0 match...Sereno over McNeil at 189 in AA.

Comment

Keith is the real deal!

I pick Surber - I have watched this kid wrestle for several years. He has continued to improve every time he gets on the mat! He's a great kid on and off the mat!!

Comment

Originally posted by LArmst853 View Post
          I pick Surber - I have watched this kid wrestle for several years. He has continued to improve every time he gets on the mat! He's a great kid on and off the mat!!
          He's good but needs something other than a belly roll from the bottom. Got lucky with Desario locking ankles but couldn't hit roll. Murphy stopped the roll and he had nothing else to go to.

Comment

Working...
          X