285lbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quick HWT View Post
    what u cant be serious, blaydes, pugh, brassel, narel, tetlow, castillo, and clegg. they were all involved in good matches and the finals was a great match.
    1 of those wrestlers placed last year... Heavyweight was a joke
    I Shoot I Score, You Shoot I Score.

Comment

Originally posted by Unstoppable View Post
      1 of those wrestlers placed last year... Heavyweight was a joke
      that was last year, now its this year. its possible 2 get really good in the off season if u work hard
      sigpicIF U DONT GOT HEART, DONT STEP ON THE MAT!

Comment

what u cant be serious, blaydes, pugh, brassel, narel, tetlow, castillo, and clegg. they were all involved in good matches and the finals was a great match.
        There is a difference between stacked and evenly matched. 130 was stacked. 171 was stacked. Heavy was evenly matched. 130/171 had multiple kids who are multiple placers and great wrestlers. Heavy had several very good wrestlers but I don't know that any of them would be classified as great. And that's not a knock on them. Goebel was great. These guys are a notch below that level, and that's okay.

Comment

that was last year, now its this year. its possible 2 get really good in the off season if u work hard
          It's not like you become a Lee Munster overnight.

Comment

Originally posted by ctdad View Post
            There is a difference between stacked and evenly matched. 130 was stacked. 171 was stacked. Heavy was evenly matched. 130/171 had multiple kids who are multiple placers and great wrestlers. Heavy had several very good wrestlers but I don't know that any of them would be classified as great. And that's not a knock on them. Goebel was great. These guys are a notch below that level, and that's okay.
            Totally agree

Comment

Originally posted by HeadHunter130 MSHS View Post
              Yea congrats to him, but how come he isnt mentioned in that post, yet everyone is like , OH WOW! HE UPSET NAREL!, Narel WAS good, not anymore.

Congrats to Blaydes and all the other placers. The HWT bracket was a blast to watch. Narel is STILL a great wrestler, for you to say otherwise is crazy...

Comment

ill give u dat, evenly matched but it was definately one of the more exciting brackets 2 watch. it wasnt like last year when everyone knew goebel was gonna win it. and the hwt this year were more athletic, its good 2 see the big guys hitting those blast doubles
                sigpicIF U DONT GOT HEART, DONT STEP ON THE MAT!

Comment

ill give u dat, evenly matched but it was definately one of the more exciting brackets 2 watch
                  Oh it was definitely one of the more exciting brackets to watch. I'm just saying i wouldn't call it "stacked"

Comment

Probably the most intelligent post in this thread..

AAA Hwt this year was VERY evenly matched in my opinion. Blaydes was undefeated, but he had close matches with Narel and Pugh at state, as well as with Grubisich at Sectionals. Clegg had a great season, beating Narel earlier in the season, and handing Brassell his first loss of the year at sectionals.

While this class isn't quite what it was when Bain, or Johnson, or Goebel won it, there were a select few elite heavyweights this year who were at each others throats. In my opinion, the top 6 are fairly interchangeable, and if the same bracket were wrestled again, I think we would see the same top 6, but I would almost guarantee that the order would be quite mixed up.

These top 6 are all great wrestlers and should be proud of the season they had. They are all seniors, and I hope they all continue wrestling (or at least playing football) at the next level.

Comment

Originally posted by canttouchthis76 View Post

AAA Hwt this year was VERY evenly matched in my opinion. Blaydes was undefeated, but he had close matches with Narel and Pugh at state, as well as with Grubisich at Sectionals. Clegg had a great season, beating Narel earlier in the season, and handing Brassell his first loss of the year at sectionals.

While this class isn't quite what it was when Bain, or Johnson, or Goebel won it, there were a select few elite heavyweights this year who were at each others throats. In my opinion, the top 6 are fairly interchangeable, and if the same bracket were wrestled again, I think we would see the same top 6, but I would almost guarantee that the order would be quite mixed up.

These top 6 are all great wrestlers and should be proud of the season they had. They are all seniors, and I hope they all continue wrestling (or at least playing football) at the next level.
                      THIS was the most intelligent post in this thread.... these 6 kids made the HWT matches very Fun to watch!!!!! I wish them all luck in the future!

Comment

Originally posted by canttouchthis76 View Post

I agree with you about Bain, Johnson, and Goebel, but those are just a few individuals. You usually don't see returning placers at HWT because they are usually upperclassmen. The kids who are big enough to compete at HWT usually are not strong enough until they're at least a junior. Look at this year's bracket, 12 seniors and 4 juniors. Last year's bracket had 13 seniors, 9 juniors, and 2 sophomores. Some of those juniors from last year ended up in 2A and 1 of the sophomores didn't qualify this year. One of the returning placers from last year (Brian Lawson from Rich East) was missing this year. Last year the top 6 HWTs included 4 seniors and 2 juniors. This year the top 6 placers were all seniors. If you look at the history of HWT it is always dominated by upperclassmen, so I guess every year it is weaker than the last.
                        sigpic
                        "No such thing as spare time, no such thing as free time, no such thing as down time...all you got is life time!"
                        -Henry Rollins

Comment

I always said it was going to be between 6 guys in the brackets and there was no clear cut number 1 thats why i think hwt was one of the best brackets crazy great to watch and next year that bracket is wide open as well so everyone that leaves and doesnt watch hwt's is crazy.

Comment

Regardless of what some may think. HWT. WAS stacked this year. I am not saying that it was more stacked than 171 or 125, but from top to bottom, HWT had quality wrestlers throughout the bracket. Definately one of the best HWT finals match I have seen in a long time. Too bad half of the arena cleared out and didn't stay to watch it.
                            ________
                            fat girl Webcam
                            Last edited by ChainWrestler; 08-15-2011, 07:31 AM.
                            The Mind Of A Winner...
                            The Heart Of A Champion!

Comment

Typical

Originally posted by ChainWrestler View Post
                              Regardless of what some may think. HWT. WAS stacked this year. I am not saying that it was more stacked than 171 or 125, but from top to bottom, HWT had quality wrestlers throughout the bracket. Definately one of the best HWT finals match I have seen in a long time. Too bad half of the arena cleared out and didn't stay to watch it.
                              as a HWT dad, an fieldhouse or gym emptying out is fairly normal. In fact, sometimes there are people standing around the mats, waiting to take them apart! Having watched the HWT class closely the last four years, I believe in the past there have been dominant HWT's, like Goebel the last two years. This year you did not have that one dominant wrestler. My personal opinion is depending upon bracketing, any one of ten of the wrestlers at State could have ended up medaling.
                              Practice Does Not Make Perfect.......It Makes Champions

Comment

Originally posted by wrestlingfan26 View Post
                                Congrats to Blaydes and all the other placers. The HWT bracket was a blast to watch. Narel is STILL a great wrestler, for you to say otherwise is crazy...
                                He is a great wrestler, but Brassell has beaten him twice.

Comment

Working...
                                X