2nd Chance Question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd Chance Question?

Hi, I recently placed third at Greco State and plan on going to the Second Chance tourney. I was told that you may only compete in one style this year and that if you placed third at state you are being challenged by any others. So does this mean that I'm only allowed to wrestle Greco because I'm being challenged or can I wrestle both styles because I'm challenging the Freestyle 3rd placer and being challenged by the other Greco wrestlers???
    Anyone know, it would help me alot.
    RELAX....RELAX.-J. Robinson

If you placed 3rd, the benefit is you only have to wrestle once to defend and keep the 3rd spot. All the other entrants have to wrestle each other in a "mini-tournament" for the OPPORTUNITY to wrestle whomever placed 3rd. The winner of the mini-tournament wrestles whomever took 3rd at state for the 3rd and final spot on the team.

You will have to choose to either defend your 3rd place win in Greco OR challenge the Freestyle 3rd place guy - the tournaments will run at the same time so it's either/or.

Comment

I thought the guy who gets 3rd at state waits for the 2nd chance tournament to be finished and he and the winner of the tournament wrestle a best of 3 series for the final spot...thats how it was last year

I dont know what that means for the competing in both styles though

Comment

In the past the tournaments were consecutive, not simultaneous. Unless they changed it up you should have no problem entering for both freestyle and greco.
        Attention Campers, lunch has been cancelled due to lack of hustle. Deal with it.

Comment

Thanks for all the responses...any others know?
          RELAX....RELAX.-J. Robinson

Comment

This year they will only allow the wrestlers to enter ONE style and both FS and Gr will be run concurrently. If you placed 3rd in Greco and want to go to Fargo for Greco, you can only enter the Greco tournament to wrestler the winner of 2nd chance ( best 2 out of 3) for the #3 fargo spot. If you choose to wrestle FS at 2nd chance, you will forfeit your spot for Greco. The winner of 2nd chance for Greco will automatically get the 3rd spot then unchallanged. Another option would be to petition in for FS, or go to one of the remaining regionals.

Originally posted by Hendricks View Post
            Hi, I recently placed third at Greco State and plan on going to the Second Chance tourney. I was told that you may only compete in one style this year and that if you placed third at state you are being challenged by any others. So does this mean that I'm only allowed to wrestle Greco because I'm being challenged or can I wrestle both styles because I'm challenging the Freestyle 3rd placer and being challenged by the other Greco wrestlers???
            Anyone know, it would help me alot.

Comment

I asked this below in another thread and got no responses, and with the link still down on the IL/USAW site, I'll ask it again. How does entry into second chance work? I know it's on the 30th (in Sycamore I believe), and my son did place at Freestyle state (in fact, he wrestled young Mr. Hendricks there), but does one just show up, is there advance sign-up, etc?

Comment

Prior to the state tournament, I was told in writing by an ILUSAW director that all non-qualified wrestlers had to wrestle in the second chance tournament, including the third placer at state, with the winner of the tournament qualifying for Fargo. Based on this information, we had a wrestler medical default the third place match so as not to aggravate an injury, since it would not make a difference for the second chance tournament. If the third place guy gets a bye to the second chance finals, I am going to have a big problem with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Armspin View Post
                  Prior to the state tournament, I was told in writing by an ILUSAW director that all non-qualified wrestlers had to wrestle in the second chance tournament, including the third placer at state, with the winner of the tournament qualifying for Fargo. Based on this information, we had a wrestler medical default the third place match so as not to aggravate an injury, since it would not make a difference for the second chance tournament. If the third place guy gets a bye to the second chance finals, I am going to have a big problem with that.
                  The 3rd. place finisher ( State Championship ) DOES NOT wrestle anyone , until the bracket is completely finished . Then the winner of the bracket , will face the 3rd. place finisher ( State Championship ) . They will wrestle in a best 2 out of three MATCHES ........ winner goes to Fargo . Now keep one thing in mind .... not all 3rd. place finishers show up to wrestle . Last year , there were a lot who did not , for whatever reason .

Comment

Originally posted by Armspin
                    Who are you, Mr. King Kong. Your comments contradict what I have in writing from ILUSAW.
                    That is the way they did it last year and the years prior . Now , they may have changed things around , but not that I am aware of . Good luck to you .

Comment

Who are you, Mr. King Kong. Your comments contradict what I have in writing from ILUSAW.
                      I don't think they contradict what you were told. The Third place finisher does have to wrestle. It will actually be run very similar to the team trials that will be going on the end of May in Council Bluffs. The winner of the Vegas open gets the by to the best of three series. All others that have qualified will wrestle in a Challenge tournament to see who gets to challenge for the spot.

Comment

You might want to make sure that what you have in writing from ILUSAW is iron clad, because Mr. King Kong is right. The third place finisher from Freestyle or Greco State will wait for the winner of the mini tournament, and then the winner of the mini tournament and the 3rd place guy will wrestle a 2 out of 3 series for the 3rd spot at that weight class fr Fargo. I don't know exactly what you have in writing, but I have been around this for awhile, and I guarantee what we are telling you is correct!! If you have any more questions feel free to PM me!!

Comment

This should clear it up for you!!

http://ilusaw.com/secondchanceinfo09.html

Comment

Mucho gracias

Comment

This is correct...the 3rd place finisher from the state tournament does not wrestle until the 2nd chance champion is decided. Then they wrestle the best out of 3 for the spot. If the 3rd place finisher does not show up...the spot automatically goes to the 2nd chance winner. The ONLY change from last year is that the wrestlers can only wrestle either FS or GR...not both.

Originally posted by king kong bundy View Post
                              The 3rd. place finisher ( State Championship ) DOES NOT wrestle anyone , until the bracket is completely finished . Then the winner of the bracket , will face the 3rd. place finisher ( State Championship ) . They will wrestle in a best 2 out of three MATCHES ........ winner goes to Fargo . Now keep one thing in mind .... not all 3rd. place finishers show up to wrestle . Last year , there were a lot who did not , for whatever reason .

Comment

Working...
                              X