Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2nd Chance Question?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    What does "petition in" mean? Can anyone explain that?

    Comment


    • #17
      You are allowed to petition to the ILUSAW for open spots on the Illinois national team. Illinois is allowed to send a certain amount of wrestlers per weight, which averages to 3 per weight class. Wrestlers who qualify at a national tournament or regional do not count against our 3 man per weight class limit. If you look at the national qualifiers link on the ILUSA website, there will be several wrestlers listed who have qualified for nationals at a regional or Filas and opened up there spot for another wrestler. It is not uncommon for kids who already qualified not to wrestle in the state series so other kids can qualify.


      There is a link for the form to be completed on the ILUSA website . You need to complete it and send it to Mike Urwin for consideration. I believe there is a $30 or 35 dollar fee also. Basically if you petition in for a spot and there is an opening, they will give it to you. You are locked into a specific weight for this and there is no going up or down. If there are more kids requesting spots than are available, they usually look at the caliber of the kids when deciding. Obviously a returning All American is going to get the spot first.



      Originally posted by TSEJB View Post
      What does "petition in" mean? Can anyone explain that?

      Comment


      • #18
        I believe you can preregister on track wrestling

        Originally posted by Armspin View Post
        Prior to the state tournament, I was told in writing by an ILUSAW director that all non-qualified wrestlers had to wrestle in the second chance tournament, including the third placer at state, with the winner of the tournament qualifying for Fargo. Based on this information, we had a wrestler medical default the third place match so as not to aggravate an injury, since it would not make a difference for the second chance tournament. If the third place guy gets a bye to the second chance finals, I am going to have a big problem with that.
        I think it might be out there, anyone who went to state and did not place can go to second chance, or if you had a good reason why you didn't go to state.

        Comment


        • #19
          I was given incorrect information. They have apologized and everything is cool. Our kid will probably qualify through a regional anyway.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Hendricks View Post
            Hi, I recently placed third at Greco State and plan on going to the Second Chance tourney. I was told that you may only compete in one style this year and that if you placed third at state you are being challenged by any others. So does this mean that I'm only allowed to wrestle Greco because I'm being challenged or can I wrestle both styles because I'm challenging the Freestyle 3rd placer and being challenged by the other Greco wrestlers???
            Anyone know, it would help me alot.
            im sure you can do both styles if you talk with coach reynolds
            Dont Tread On Me

            Comment


            • #21
              second chance

              In case someone hasn't posted it, the third place winner also has to weigh in again prior to the session.

              Comment


              • #22
                Did I read somewhere that if a wrestler has already qualified for Fargo he CAN NOT wrestle at Second Chance?

                Comment


                • #23
                  They are running the FS and GR at the same time, and no one will be allowed to wrestle both styles.

                  Originally posted by HalfNelson View Post
                  im sure you can do both styles if you talk with coach reynolds

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by ouch View Post
                    You are allowed to petition to the ILUSAW for open spots on the Illinois national team. Illinois is allowed to send a certain amount of wrestlers per weight, which averages to 3 per weight class. Wrestlers who qualify at a national tournament or regional do not count against our 3 man per weight class limit. If you look at the national qualifiers link on the ILUSA website, there will be several wrestlers listed who have qualified for nationals at a regional or Filas and opened up there spot for another wrestler. It is not uncommon for kids who already qualified not to wrestle in the state series so other kids can qualify.


                    There is a link for the form to be completed on the ILUSA website . You need to complete it and send it to Mike Urwin for consideration. I believe there is a $30 or 35 dollar fee also. Basically if you petition in for a spot and there is an opening, they will give it to you. You are locked into a specific weight for this and there is no going up or down. If there are more kids requesting spots than are available, they usually look at the caliber of the kids when deciding. Obviously a returning All American is going to get the spot first.
                    where is the form cause i could not find it

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X