JR Freestyle Duals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JR Freestyle Duals

If you go to trackwrestling, all of the pools are seeded. Looks like some of the original seeding point totals have changed a bit.

Top four seeds are NJ, MN, IL, and FL.

Illinois appears to have Ohio in their pool. Seems Ohio was the #6 seed.

Team Ohio is absolutely JACKED! But, so is Team Illinois. Not sure how or why these two state are pooled together. Common sense would tell you these are 2 of the top 3 teams in the entire tournament.
    Eat, sleep and wrestling.

Comment

Ohio does have some big names in there. Some of those didn't have any seeding points....probably because of not wrestling international styles in the offseason.

It'll be a tough matchup for Illinois. Would've been nice to have T Ramos to go at 130 or 135. He may have been able to exploit Felipe or Tessari since he has been wrestling freesyle during this offseason.

Another guy from last year was Mario Gonzalez at 189/215 this year would've been awesome.

We do have a really good team though.

Comment

If I can make heads or tails of how the tournament works, the 2nd place finisher in Pool C will face the 1st place finisher in Pool A in the championship pool. So, the loser of OH/IL would face PA in Pool Red (?). The winner would presumably face PA/the loser in the finals.

Then again, I have no idea about the talent level of ANY of the teams outside IL.
        Webmaster | OPRF Wrestling | O.&.B.W.C. | FORUM RULES

Comment

Originally posted by 1dvcfan View Post
          Ohio does have some big names in there. Some of those didn't have any seeding points....probably because of not wrestling international styles in the offseason.

It'll be a tough matchup for Illinois. Would've been nice to have T Ramos to go at 130 or 135. He may have been able to exploit Felipe or Tessari since he has been wrestling freesyle during this offseason.

Another guy from last year was Mario Gonzalez at 189/215 this year would've been awesome.

We do have a really good team though.
          mark it down: nick dardanes will beat felipe

Comment

actually dardanes vs. felipe mite not happen casue cooper is wrestling at 130 in their first dual

Comment

I know it's Tennessee, but Ohio is looking pretty formidable.

Comment

Ohio appears to be the best team in the pool. Unfortunately, it would be a big upset for Illinois to beat them. Lets ease up on the Kool Aid and watch this one tomorrow.
                Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealousy, boastfulness, disregard of all rules, and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence: in other words it is war minus the shooting. George Orwell, Shooting an Elephant, "The Sporting Spirit", 1950

Comment

I like Kool-Aid, now I dont like every flavor. I am not fond of switching flavors either. So you who obviously dont mind switching flavors when you find one you like better might feel the need to ease up, but me since I always drink the same flavor I will only ease up when I am full.

Comment

Originally posted by CONDOR View Post
                    I like Kool-Aid, now I dont like every flavor. I am not fond of switching flavors either. So you who obviously dont mind switching flavors when you find one you like better might feel the need to ease up, but me since I always drink the same flavor I will only ease up when I am full.
                    The third place flavor may be your beverage for the weekend, that would be a solid finish. Find me Monday morning on this one.
                    Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealousy, boastfulness, disregard of all rules, and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence: in other words it is war minus the shooting. George Orwell, Shooting an Elephant, "The Sporting Spirit", 1950

Comment

Ronnie Balfour (Oklahoma 2) over Lee Munster (Illinois) Dec 0-6,6-0,6-5

Eat, sleep and wrestling.

Comment

You guys want something to look at in tomorrow's IL v OH dual? In my opinion, it's not about what you all think it's going to be about (i.e. Steiber/Morrison, Martinez/Dardanes, et al). The key to me are the matches where neither team has an anchor type of wrestler - and they're going against each other.

Those being the matches at 98 and 215.

I want to see how both kids do against Schoolboy Triple Crown winner Brancale (MN2) tomorrow - 98#.

Erb @ 215, a kid I was expecting to be a relative liability, is 2-0 with wins over Croy (TN) and Davis (NJ2). Kids that were Cadet FS AA's; admittedly Croy's was a 7th at 189. Erb was 4th at state as a frosh, but couldn't make state this past year because of a goofy qualification tournament bracket.

It's going to be a Saturday Night Shootout in the OKC.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucksman View Post
                          You guys want something to look at in tomorrow's IL v OH dual? In my opinion, it's not about what you all think it's going to be about (i.e. Steiber/Morrison, Martinez/Dardanes, et al). The key to me are the matches where neither team has an anchor type of wrestler - and they're going against each other.

Those being the matches at 98 and 215.

I want to see how both kids do against Schoolboy Triple Crown winner Brancale (MN2) tomorrow - 98#.

Erb @ 215, a kid I was expecting to be a relative liability, is 2-0 with wins over Croy (TN) and Davis (NJ2). Kids that were Cadet FS AA's; admittedly Croy's was a 7th at 189. Erb was 4th at state as a frosh, but couldn't make state this past year because of a goofy qualification tournament bracket.

It's going to be a Saturday Night Shootout in the OKC.
                          So who are you picking and why?

Comment

Illinois will win the junior duals
                            Dont Tread On Me

Comment

Originally posted by HalfNelson View Post
                              Illinois will win the junior duals
                              Is there any results this morning

Comment

Working...
                              X