Illinois Wrestling, Here it is:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illinois Wrestling, Here it is:

Just came up with a shirt design, tell me what u guys think, this is just a concept.

All Criticism and Commentary is appreciated!

Full Size: http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n59/dk782/shirt2.jpg
    http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n.../shirt2yea.jpg

Last edited by HeadHunter130 MSHS; 06-28-2009, 12:57 AM.

Do it i'll buy one. Any assortment of colorsor just grey? I personally think we need more shirts that rep the state in an overall view. I wish the U of I would put more up on their site. But I like you design, kinda like a tapout shirt which would sell well with the current wrestlers.

Comment

Yea, it's a concept, I think it would look good on a white shirt with black stripes

Comment

I like it. I would avoid any colors linking it to U of I. The school and NCAA would shut you down.

Comment

I would definately buy one. I like the colors in the picture. But Hans is right they would probally shut you down. But great idea

Comment

Originally posted by HeadHunter130 MSHS View Post
            Yea, it's a concept, I think it would look good on a white shirt with black stripes
            I think the shirt looks awesome! However, I think the colors in the picture would be cooler than a white shirt. I'd buy it if it looks like the picture, but I wouldn't buy the white one with black stripes.

Comment

I like it. Consider calming that "I" down a little though. Is it a vine, an octopus, sinewy muscle? Kinda of "busy"

Comment

do you have to get it approved from the ihsa first
                on my best day I can beat anyone. On my worst day I could beat anyone-gl

Comment

Originally posted by greenlantern View Post
                  do you have to get it approved from the ihsa first
                  Has the IHSA trademarked the word "Illinois"?
                  "Boys freestyle. Real men Greco."

Comment

I would prefer some sort of wrestling related picture on the bottom since the bottom looks empty.
                    Celebrate the small victories, since those will lead directly or indirectly to the huge victories.

Comment

the design is great, but why is wrestling now trying to steal the style of MMA. All of those black t-shirts with flames and cages on them, i just don't get it. Is it because it looks tough?

Comment

Tought/cool I would guess so. I am not a big mma clothing fan do not have any of the affliton xtreme coutre shirts because they are way over priced. They look cool but I am not paying more than 40 for a tshirt
                        on my best day I can beat anyone. On my worst day I could beat anyone-gl

Comment

Originally posted by will-I-am View Post
                          the design is great, but why is wrestling now trying to steal the style of MMA. All of those black t-shirts with flames and cages on them, i just don't get it. Is it because it looks tough?
                          well on one side you have wrestling, that has gone from a overall popular sport in the 70's to what seems like program after program being dropped and interest in the sport at a all time low.

And MMA which has gone from underground venues to main stream network tv and several multimillion dollar clothing businesses within what, 8 years? people copy success

PS I would like to see some kind of wrestling design on the bottom left of the shirt. Does USA have a trademark on that belly to back thing we see all the time(kinda played out maybe) but you get the drift

Comment

MMA didnt create the grunge style, it just uses it. I like the style and I drew that design on paper and then scanned it, made it smooth, and put it on a shirt.

Comment

I cant use any trademarked or copyrighted design unless USAW or IHSA allows me the rights to it, so I'm better off just making my own thing. I didnt want to put anything at the bottom of the shirt cause then it would have too much going on, and it wouldn't look as good, and plus, how many times do u look at the bottom of a guy's shirt?

Comment

Working...
                              X