Awful reffing at barrington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awful reffing at barrington

Was anybody else there at barrington to witness the awful reffing?

Originally posted by illinoiswrestler89 View Post
    Was anybody else there at barrington to witness the awful reffing?
    it was so so the only bad call i saw was with the denny-fontanetta which denny should have won if it wasnt with the really bad call

Comment

Denny should have won that. I have never heard such dismay towards officials ever. The entire field house booed them. I think the crowd was right.

Comment

Denny

Indeed, Denny has the takedown for the win but sometimes the refs are to scared to make the call.

Comment

Indeed, Denny has the takedown for the win but sometimes the refs are to scared to make the call.
          Its still no excuse though denny deserved to win that match and its unfair that the officials took it away from him just because they didnt wanna make that it should be about making the right and fair call

Comment

No takedown. I was there.

Comment

Things that make you go Hmm!!!!

Originally posted by Shute Hoover High School View Post
              No takedown. I was there.

That was 2 At the end, From the side I was sitting on.

Comment

Worst Part!

That was one of the best Refs in the game that didn't make the call. I also noticed that they did a whole lot of confirming as if they were not right there watching the match.

Comment

what happened

Originally posted by Extreme_Cardinal View Post
                  That was one of the best Refs in the game that didn't make the call. I also noticed that they did a whole lot of confirming as if they were not right there watching the match.
                  How about a description of what happened for those of us not there.

Comment

i agree with ec it looked like 2 i was in the 3rd row in front of mat one

Comment

I'LL Tell You

Originally posted by ref99 View Post
                      How about a description of what happened for those of us not there.

The same thing that happens all the time in good old Illinois, If you are the Star, and have the BIG name you get what we call XTRA LUV.

It was 2 and I dont care who thinks different.

Honesty is the best policy.

Comment

The final score should have been 3 to 1 in favor of Denny. The takedown given to Fontanetta was wrong. He went out of bounds (knees down and out) then went to his toes and was given the takedown (not by the referee in charge). Then in the last period Denny clearly had control and was not given the takedown (again by the referee NOT in charge) I think the ref in charge showed a lack of decisiveness. Or maybe he just needs some situational clinics. Fontanetta knew he lost the match and he showed it by storming out of the wrestling area and throwing his head gear on the floor after his hand was raised in defeat.

Comment

Back Up just a little

Originally posted by candygram View Post
                          The final score should have been 3 to 1 in favor of Denny. The takedown given to Fontanetta was wrong. He went out of bounds (knees down and out) then went to his toes and was given the takedown (not by the referee in charge). Then in the last period Denny clearly had control and was not given the takedown (again by the referee NOT in charge) I think the ref in charge showed a lack of decisiveness. Or maybe he just needs some situational clinics. Fontanetta knew he lost the match and he showed it by storming out of the wrestling area and throwing his head gear on the floor after his hand was raised in defeat.
                          You are correct in part, His knees were on the line and he did quickly get back on his toes and Denny Should have been awarded the 2 at the end, na d Nick didn't do the running thing at the end because he knew he lost , he does that all the time, at least he did when he beat my son last year, he runs sprints after close matches, My guess is that he feels he needs to either burn off a little of the left over adrenaline or he needs to up the level of his Cardio......LOL

It wasn't the Secondary Ref that awarded the points it was the head official, all the Back up did is give his opinion.
                          Once again Ill say was the head ref watching the match.

In the Finals we have to be paying attention!!!

However Nick is not the one who dropped the ball, all he did is wrestle.

Comment

Originally posted by candygram View Post
                            As to your first situation the rule book states "In awarding a takedown at the edge of the mat, control must be established while the supporting points of either wrestler are inbounds or while at least the feet of the scoring contestant finish down on the mat inbounds. (Photos 12-23)" 5.16.1
                            So if the feet never touched out of bounds and returned to the mat inbounds it is a takedown.

Comment

You are correct in part, His knees were on the line and he did quickly get back on his toes and Denny Should have been awarded the 2 at the end, na d Nick didn't do the running thing at the end because he knew he lost , he does that all the time, at least he did when he beat my son last year, he runs sprints after close matches, My guess is that he feels he needs to either burn off a little of the left over adrenaline or he needs to up the level of his Cardio......LOL

It wasn't the Secondary Ref that awarded the points it was the head official, all the Back up did is give his opinion.
                              Once again Ill say was the head ref watching the match.

In the Finals we have to be paying attention!!!

However Nick is not the one who dropped the ball, all he did is wrestle.
                              I've seen Fontanetta for years when he loses he throws his head gear down in tantrum. Did you happen to see him throw the booing fans the double up bird? Right behind the referees. I agree with you though all he did was wrestle. But he knew his 40-0 record got him the favor on those calls. The official(s) did drop the ball or at least kick it over to his corner.

Comment

Working...
                              X