This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Bang for the Buck Wrestling School

OK the season is over and now its time for many wrestlers to get to work and attend camps and wrestling schools for this sport that they are addicted to.

So where should kids go? Whats the best bang for the buck?

Where can parents spend a modest amount and the kids see immediate results?

no school. There are more cons than pros to going to a wrestling school.
    on my best day I can beat anyone. On my worst day I could beat anyone-gl

Comment

You guys both have thousands of posts, I'm more the sort to ask that question. Why do you says the schools are cons? Are you referring to the college run camps? I'd like to see some responses from parents who sent their boys to Northwestern or Purdue or NIU. Or even JRob.

Comment

Originally posted by greenlantern View Post
        no school. There are more cons than pros to going to a wrestling school.
        Say what???? Oh, wait..never mind I see the source. Reality: there are plenty of great wrestling schools or "open mat" places to work out and you can find your way to most of them right here on ILMatmen. Overtime, Izzy Style, Pinnacle, etc, all have proven track records, if you can spend the $$$$. If you can't there are plenty of open mat programs depending on your location.

As far as a very affordable camp, the "Relentless Pursuit" summer camp will give you a lot of variety and instructors from the DI to Olympic experience level.
        sigpic

"On the bloody morning after, one tin soldier rides away..."

Comment

wrestling camps are good, clinics are good and wrestling clubs are good. Wrestling schools I don't think prepare you best for best for college wrestling but thats my view

Comment

Originally posted by Cougars 2015 View Post
            You guys both have thousands of posts, I'm more the sort to ask that question. Why do you says the schools are cons? Are you referring to the college run camps? I'd like to see some responses from parents who sent their boys to Northwestern or Purdue or NIU. Or even JRob.
            In college part of the peak of an athletes career is devolping. There are a few schools (graham, brandon, apple valley) that have way more bust than college studs. In college oppurtunites like red shirts and learning under someone gives you time to learn to lift, learn to wrestle and learn to adjust. Going to a wrestling school and having college level lifting and wrestling technique doesnt put you in a postion to improve and devolp in college.
            Who has had more sucess izzy style and overtime vs raw 241 and twisters ????

Comment

In college part of the peak of an athletes career is devolping. There are a few schools (graham, brandon, apple valley) that have way more bust than college studs. In college oppurtunites like red shirts and learning under someone gives you time to learn to lift, learn to wrestle and learn to adjust. Going to a wrestling school and having college level lifting and wrestling technique doesnt put you in a postion to improve and devolp in college.
              Who has had more sucess izzy style and overtime vs raw 241 and twisters ????
              How important would you say lifting is to wrestling?
              There are two guys in that zebra costume! Very funny...

Comment

Originally posted by Blonjuan44 View Post
                How important would you say lifting is to wrestling?
                Extremley. You need to be strong no one is gonna roll over. There are wrestler who may not lift alot but they are strong. Strength is huge and a reason why people have dominated

Comment

wrestling camps are good, clinics are good and wrestling clubs are good. Wrestling schools I don't think prepare you best for best for college wrestling but thats my view
                  I don't get it. So a camp for 5 days sticks with a wrestler more than a summer in a room working on your weaknesses? I disagree. My son did both in the past and the year round school has made all the difference.

Comment

Year round makes diffrence in high school college helps for year or two but then you reach peak faster than people who didnt go to wrestling school

Comment

Originally posted by mckbln View Post
                      Say what???? Oh, wait..never mind I see the source. Reality: there are plenty of great wrestling schools or "open mat" places to work out and you can find your way to most of them right here on ILMatmen. Overtime, Izzy Style, Pinnacle, etc, all have proven track records, if you can spend the $$$$. If you can't there are plenty of open mat programs depending on your location.

As far as a very affordable camp, the "Relentless Pursuit" summer camp will give you a lot of variety and instructors from the DI to Olympic experience level.
                      Where is Relentless Pursuit located?

Comment

Sorry guys but I'm going to close this one down. Illinois Matmen pays the bills through our advertisers, many of which are wrestling schools. These kind of threads invite non-sponsors to get some free plugs which just isn't fair to our paying sponsors.

For those looking for camps or wrestling schools, please support our sponsors and tell them you saw their banner on Illinois Matmen.
                        Illinois' Premier Wrestling Website

Comment

Working...
                        X