Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dakota/Montini

34-28 dakota

So does this mean the success factor will push Dakota up to 2A next year?
    LOL.

Comment

Or do they have a "Lack of Success" factor?
      sigpic

"On the bloody morning after, one tin soldier rides away..."

Comment

I'm curious when/if the success factor expires. What are the criteria to stay up? What are the criteria to return back down? How many years is this for?

If you know the answers, a quick reply would be appreciated. Thank you.
        Webmaster | OPRF Wrestling | O.&.B.W.C. | FORUM RULES

Comment

Originally posted by titan442 View Post
          I'm curious when/if the success factor expires. What are the criteria to stay up? What are the criteria to return back down? How many years is this for?

Brian, that's the problem. There is no real "criteria". It's arbitrary. Montini had won 8 straight Class 2A titles but last year they had two close dual meets with Washington and this year, when the IHSA moved them up, the Broncos have their weakest team in years and I mean MANY years. It's a dumb rule that NEVER should have been implemented.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by titan442 View Post

I know this rule very well from personal experience

This is the first year the success factor was implemented. It was supposed to go in last season but was pulled at the last minute by the IHSA.

The success factor only applies to private schools and is evaluated on a sport-by-sport basis every year based on the past 4 seasons. If your school has placed at state 2 of the past 4 years (1 of which has to be in the last 2 years), you get bumped up. Once you don't meet that criteria, you get moved back down.

Privates are also hit with the multiplier. There is a point criteria now that determines whether or not a private school gets hit with the multiplier, aka Mt Carmel not being multiplied this year.

Again, the multiplier and success factor only apply to private/non-boundry schools.
            Illinois' Premier Wrestling Website

Comment

Originally posted by ItsNotForEveryone View Post
              So does this mean the success factor will push Dakota up to 2A next year?
              LOL.
              Nope, Dakota will never get multiplied no matter how many titles they win in a row (look at Rochester football) because they are not a private school.

That is the part I don't understand. Success is success. Why do the private schools get punished for being good but not the public schools?

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post

This is the first year the success factor was implemented. It was supposed to go in last season but was pulled at the last minute by the IHSA.

The success factor only applies to private schools and is evaluated on a sport-by-sport basis every year based on the past 4 seasons. If your school has placed at state 2 of the past 4 years (1 of which has to be in the last 2 years), you get bumped up. Once you don't meet that criteria, you get moved back down.

Privates are also hit with the multiplier. There is a point criteria now that determines whether or not a private school gets hit with the multiplier, aka Mt Carmel not being multiplied this year.

Again, the multiplier and success factor only apply to private/non-boundry schools.
                Which is why it hasn't affected Dakota in Class A. Again, it's a stupid rule and when you look at Class 3A teams or let's say those dominant Providence Catholic teams under the 2 class system...where are you going to move them? It's totally stupid.
                sigpic

Comment

In other words Montini will be back in 2A after next season at the earliest if they don't place this year and next. Mt Carmel would have to place this year and next to be bumped up the following year.

Comment

Originally posted by PapaBearSLIM View Post
                    In other words Montini will be back in 2A after next season at the earliest if they don't place this year and next. Mt Carmel would have to place this year and next to be bumped up the following year.
                    Not necessarily on Mt Carmel. My guess is that winning a state title / placing at state would bring back the multiplier, which would bump them back up next season. I don't know the exact details on the point breakdown for the multiplier.

Comment

Originally posted by mckbln View Post
                      Which is why it hasn't affected Dakota in Class A. Again, it's a stupid rule and when you look at Class 3A teams or let's say those dominant Providence Catholic teams under the 2 class system...where are you going to move them? It's totally stupid.
                      It is a dumb rule but there are defined criteria. Reach your goals and get bumped up... unless you're a non boundaried school (for the most part private).

Comment

Not necessarily on Mt Carmel. My guess is that winning a state title / placing at state would bring back the multiplier, which would bump them back up next season. I don't know the exact details on the point breakdown for the multiplier.
                        Gotcha. I was talking the success factor specifically and not the multiplier. Too many damn variables.

Comment

Originally posted by mckbln View Post
                          Once you start having too much success in 3A, the IHSA will bump you to junior college.

Comment

Once you start having too much success in 3A, the IHSA will bump you to junior college.
                            If you are a private school.

Comment

Nope, Dakota will never get multiplied no matter how many titles they win in a row (look at Rochester football) because they are not a private school.

That is the part I don't understand. Success is success. Why do the private schools get punished for being good but not the public schools?
                              Considering how many public schools operate like private schools, it certainly is a bad rule. If they wanted to even the playing field it should be across the board, but there is no penalty for the schools in the largest class anyway, so it's hard to figure out what they are trying to accomplish.

Comment

Working...
                              X