Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you are incorrect

Originally posted by whswildcat4life View Post
    Treating all school equal is a nice idea, but I'm sure the percentage of state titles in all high school sports in Illinois and most states go in favor of private schools.
    I have done this research before and it is not true. It is true some years in certain sports. But let's be honest the ihsa cares about football and basketball. That is what this is all about
    There's no I in Lembas.

Comment

ok proof montini has won 5 in a row

they wont win this year. So in the last five years in 1a-3a there have been 10 public school state champs and five private (all Montini) sounds like an unfair advantage for public schools if anything. So yeah not only where you wrong you were DEAD wrong. Do research before opening your mouth with you WRONG opinion
      There's no I in Lembas.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Sherrill View Post
        Separation is not progress.
        Very true. Timely and appropriate statement given what the day is.

Comment

He said percentages

Originally posted by Cubs84 View Post
          they wont win this year. So in the last five years in 1a-3a there have been 10 public school state champs and five private (all Montini) sounds like an unfair advantage for public schools if anything. So yeah not only where you wrong you were DEAD wrong. Do research before opening your mouth with you WRONG opinion

Since he said percentages, 5 out of 15 is 33%. I'm not going to take the time to count schools, but I would guess 33% of the schools in the state are not private. So yes, the percentage of privates winning state titles is higher.
          wrestlingfan

Comment

Originally posted by refsforfun View Post
            Since he said percentages, 5 out of 15 is 33%. I'm not going to take the time to count schools, but I would guess 33% of the schools in the state are not private. So yes, the percentage of privates winning state titles is higher.
            Actually 6, Sterling Newman won 1A back in 2010-11. They won't win this year either.

OTOH, those 15 titles are spread out among a grand total of 8 schools: Dakota has 3, Montini 5, OPRF 2, Sandburg 2, LeRoy 1, Newman 1 and Glenbard North 1.

There are 50-55 private schools in the state with wrestling programs. Most of those teams would hardly be classified as "top quality" in wrestling or just about any other sport. Most struggle just to field a full team.

Taking the whole title thing down a step, in the 32 years the dual tournament has been contested, how many private schools have even made the large school elite 8 (AA, 3A or 2A)?

I'll answer that, it's all of 9. Providence, Mt. Carmel, St. Rita and Marist have been there several times each. Marmion has been there 4 times, Niles Notre Dame and St. Patrick have gone 2 times each; St. Laurence and Fenwick have each made one appearance.

Montini has multiple appearances in both the large and small school fields.

In the small school division (A/1A), there have been 5, Sterling Newman (5 times), Rock Island Alleman (2), Quincy Notre Dame (1), Ida Crown (1) and Melrose Park Walther Christian (1).

That's it, 15 schools total, half of which have been there only a couple times or less.

As is always the case, the complaint is with a small handful of schools. In fact, if you look at the records, you tend to see the same public schools over and over again as well.
            Last edited by ctdad; 01-18-2016, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ctdad View Post
              Actually 6, Sterling Newman won 1A back in 2010-11. They won't win this year either.

OTOH, those 15 titles are spread out among a grand total of 8 schools: Dakota has 3, Montini 5, OPRF 2, Sandburg 2, LeRoy 1, Newman 1 and Glenbard North 1.

There are 50-55 private schools in the state with wrestling programs. Most of those teams would hardly be classified as "top quality" in wrestling or just about any other sport. Most struggle just to field a full team.

Taking the whole title thing down a step, in the 32 years the dual tournament has been contested, how many private schools have even made the large school elite 8 (AA, 3A or 2A)?

I'll answer that, it's all of 9. Providence, Mt. Carmel, St. Rita and Marist have been there several times each. Marmion has been there 4 times, Niles Notre Dame and St. Patrick have gone 2 times each; St. Laurence and Fenwick have each made one appearance.

Montini has multiple appearances in both the large and small school fields.

In the small school division (A/1A), there have been 5, Sterling Newman (5 times), Rock Island Alleman (2), Quincy Notre Dame (1), Ida Crown (1) and Melrose Park Walther Christian (1).

That's it, 15 schools total, half of which have been there only a couple times or less.

As is always the case, the complaint is with a small handful of schools. In fact, if you look at the records, you tend to see the same public schools over and over again as well.
              Which is why a success multiplier for private and public is a better move.

Comment

I know this is a wrestling forum, but i think my statement about percentages was for all high schools sports not just wrestling. I will try to keep my comments strictly about wrestling .

Comment

Working...
                X