Who has the best Crop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has the best Crop

Which schools got the best crop of wrestlers, either incoming or transfers???

I heard Benoit transfered from Mt. Carmel to Sandburg?

Answer to your first question is Montini. Answer to your second one is yes he did.

Comment

Originally posted by allpowerfuloz View Post
      Answer to your first question is Montini. Answer to your second one is yes he did.
      Definitely Montini. They'll be very difficult to beat in a year or two. Heck maybe even this year!

Yes sadly Danny transferred. I don't know the whole story, but I do know he would have had an extremely difficult time getting in the MC lineup. I honestly wouldn't want to sit 2 years either if I'm a talent at his level. Sucks for us though.

Comment

Originally posted by ModestMouse View Post
        Which schools got the best crop of wrestlers, either incoming or transfers???

I heard Benoit transfered from Mt. Carmel to Sandburg?
        providence has a good group ...montini is loaded and deep and looks to get even stronger in the upcoming seasons ......catholic league IMO best conference in the country

Comment

Who is new at Montini this year?

Comment

Originally posted by Quickstick View Post
            providence has a good group ...montini is loaded and deep and looks to get even stronger in the upcoming seasons ......catholic league IMO best conference in the country
            Provi got a group I would say is better than good. So did we at MC. But the Broncos take the cake for this year.

And yes CCL is the toughest conference in the country, probably without doubt.

Comment

Lets hear some names for those of out of the loop.

Comment

MC

We will be strong for years to come with Coach Alex, Hawk, and the kids that are attending from NW Indiana combined with the strong IL wrestlers going to 64th and Dante.

Some real Indiana studs in 7th/8th grade are committed to MC from what I hear.

When Montini and Marmion joined the CCL, it became the strongest wrestling conference in the nation. No other conference anywhere has the firepower, both team-wise and the individuals, as that of the CCL.

Comment

I still think that OPRF will be the team to beat next year, barring any injuries, etc...but there is NO DOUBT in my mind that the CCL is the toughest conference not just in Illinois, but the nation. I look at the depth of 3 nationally ranked teams in Mt Carmel, Marmion Academy, and Montini, all state Providence...and some of the individuals like O'Connor...and it's a no brainer.
                  sigpic

"On the bloody morning after, one tin soldier rides away..."

Comment

I believe Lockport should be added to teams with best crop of kids coming in. It is a long way out to February but Lockport has the talent to challenge OPRF. Sleeper, Marian Catholic is a team that is also loaded and time will tell if they have closed some holes. Its going to be a great season with more parity then recent years.

Comment

Originally posted by Train Double View Post
                      I believe Lockport should be added to teams with best crop of kids coming in. It is a long way out to February but Lockport has the talent to challenge OPRF. Sleeper, Marian Catholic is a team that is also loaded and time will tell if they have closed some holes. Its going to be a great season with more parity then recent years.
                      Lockport will be tough.
                      sigpic

"On the bloody morning after, one tin soldier rides away..."

Comment

Originally posted by mckbln View Post
                        Lockport will be tough.
                        Lockport is better than tough. They are possibly/probably the preseason number 1. I had forgotten about them in my way-too-early preseason post from a couple weeks ago that got lost in the deleted thread.

Pierandozzi Molton Ramsey (remarkably still there) Ramos Assaf Fernandez Timmons Tucker (you could add Salah here as well)

Pete O Bolivar Madrigal Renteria Hernandez Sturkey Middlebrooks

Melendez Woods Lewan (I almost definitely should add a couple super frosh here but I tend to wait on freshmen above 120)

Mckenna Chumbley Cheloni Polka Ferraro Gross

Guzior Coleman Thomas Hoey Mulay Riojas

TFM Washington Champagne Jones Norfleet

Lindsey Ramos Baz Ambrose Smith

These are all the guys you expect to win nearly every dual match they wrestle.

Looks about even to me. Yes we all know you've got sleeper kids nobody has heard about and great incoming freshman but I'd imagine everybody has that. This season doesn't seem like it's gonna be about stars and recruiting. It's gonna be about who runs the best room, because the program guys seem to be the ones who will decide this season.
                        Last edited by Red Turban; 09-03-2016, 11:12 AM. Reason: New info

Comment

Originally posted by Red Turban View Post
                          Lockport is better than tough. They are possibly/probably the preseason number 1. I had forgotten about them in my way-too-early preseason post from a couple weeks ago that got lost in the deleted thread.

Pierandozzi Molton Ramsey (remarkably still there) Ramos Assaf Fernandez Timmons Tucker (you could add Salah here as well)

Pete O Bolivar Madrigal Renteria Hernandez Sturkey Middlebrooks

Melendez Woods Lewan (I almost definitely should add a couple super frosh here but I tend to wait on freshmen above 120)

Mckenna Chumbley Cheloni Polka Ferraro Gross

Guzior Coleman Thomas Hoey Mulay Riojas

TFM Washington Champagne Jones Norfleet

Lindsey Ramos Emery Ambrose Smith Ferraro

These are all the guys you expect to win nearly every dual match they wrestle.

Looks about even to me. Yes we all know you've got sleeper kids nobody has heard about and great incoming freshman but I'd imagine everybody has that. This season doesn't seem like it's gonna be about stars and recruiting. It's gonna be about who runs the best room, because the program guys seem to be the ones who will decide this season.
                          Mck says Lockport tough....you correct him better than tough

I said providence good ...you correct me better than good lol

How about Sandburg this year I'm not even gna attempt to post it hat .lol
                          I know they lost Precin Hayes and Yates are they gna contend?

Comment

Originally posted by Quickstick View Post
                            Mck says Lockport tough....you correct him better than tough

I said providence good ...you correct me better than good lol

How about Sandburg this year I'm not even gna attempt to post it hat .lol
                            I know they lost Precin Hayes and Yates are they gna contend?
                            You guys are probably closer to right. Anyhow, ask and ye shall receive:

Wojcik Brucki Bateman and, painfully, Benoit

Comment

What school is Precin at now?

Comment

Working...
                              X