Hinsdale South?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hinsdale South?

3rd head coach in 5(?) years...? What is going on over there, another Plainfield North situation?
    "Intensity, Integrity, and Intelligence"

Originally posted by Kurt Angle View Post
    3rd head coach in 5(?) years...? What is going on over there, another Plainfield North situation?
    Even worse considering they have 3 junior high schools that feed into them and all of which have wrestling. This could really be a premier job, and it has been handled very poorly.

Comment

Absolute Joke

One individual came in there as a dean and quit the position after one year...that was a stab in the back, let down lots of kids. The next guy rode the Josh King wave, found his glory, and quit. Opportunities to hire quality coaches have been passed up many times...it's been tough to watch for so long, talented kids have gone there and were never brought to the next level!!

Comment

Why are these guys leaving? Most of the time when this happens it an issue with the administration not doing their part to help the wrestling program.

Comment

Originally posted by knowledge keeper View Post
          One individual came in there as a dean and quit the position after one year...that was a stab in the back, let down lots of kids. The next guy rode the Josh King wave, found his glory, and quit. Opportunities to hire quality coaches have been passed up many times...it's been tough to watch for so long, talented kids have gone there and were never brought to the next level!!
          Take it over KK!

Comment

Originally posted by knowledge keeper View Post
            I do not normally respond to these posts, but today I will. I have only been at Hinsdale South the last two years and can honestly say I am thrilled to be here. I will defend our previous coaches by saying they found opportunities elsewhere ( our previous coach took a job to be closer to his family, which is important). I am thrilled to be working with the new head coach and we have a group of talented young men we will be working with this season, not to mention a very young group of kids that are helping us build this program up (we are already a step up by winning our regional last year). I have been in this wrestling community for a long time and one thing I miss is support from others who should be encouraging and leaving positive messages for other programs. So please refrain yourself from making comments like this and remember wrestling is a dying sport we need to keep alive for our young generation who dream of one day being at state, placing, winning it all, going to college, competing with the best, and possibly going to the Olympics. The wrestling community is one, just remember that. Thank you.

Coach Gleixner
            Earn Everything!

Comment

I wouldn't take it personal. People are just speculating why no one has stayed. Are they still looking for a frosh coach?
              Always support your local wrestling tournament concession stands!!!

Comment

Great response coach I just became a Hinsdale South fan.

Comment

Knowledge Keeper is very close to the situation. I do not think what he is saying is speculation. He is a great guy who has put in a lot of time with kids, and is frustrated that they have not been put a position to succeed.

Comment

Originally posted by oldpioneer View Post
                    I wouldn't take it personal. People are just speculating why no one has stayed. Are they still looking for a frosh coach?
                    I understand, but I just felt it was a speculation that went personal for some reason. But thank you. And we should be good for freshmen, it would be an upper level position, JV.
                    Earn Everything!

Comment

Originally posted by larry b View Post
                      Great response coach I just became a Hinsdale South fan.
                      Thank you larry b. I can honestly say this program and athletic department has been kind, amazing, and supportive of our program. I love being here.
                      Earn Everything!

Comment

Originally posted by rebel141 View Post
                        Knowledge Keeper is very close to the situation. I do not think what he is saying is speculation. He is a great guy who has put in a lot of time with kids, and is frustrated that they have not been put a position to succeed.
                        I understand that, but us remaining coaches here at Hinsdale are really working on making these kids better and more successful. Our new Head Bobby O'Brien has great ideas for the season to help our boys make amazing strides. Like I said before, we have a great group of young kids in this program that have the drive to succeed and we will make sure they will, together.
                        Earn Everything!

Comment

Originally posted by MU2010 View Post
                          I do not normally respond to these posts, but today I will. I have only been at Hinsdale South the last two years and can honestly say I am thrilled to be here. I will defend our previous coaches by saying they found opportunities elsewhere ( our previous coach took a job to be closer to his family, which is important). I am thrilled to be working with the new head coach and we have a group of talented young men we will be working with this season, not to mention a very young group of kids that are helping us build this program up (we are already a step up by winning our regional last year). I have been in this wrestling community for a long time and one thing I miss is support from others who should be encouraging and leaving positive messages for other programs. So please refrain yourself from making comments like this and remember wrestling is a dying sport we need to keep alive for our young generation who dream of one day being at state, placing, winning it all, going to college, competing with the best, and possibly going to the Olympics. The wrestling community is one, just remember that. Thank you.

Coach Gleixner
                          I do applaud your efforts and I wish you all luck at Hinsdale South.

Having said that this has been a disaster for the past 4 years. Handled extremely poorly by the Athletic Director, who doesnt work there anymore. Hired a friend, who then quit and now doesnt even work at the school. Then hired his friend and he just coached one kid for 2 years.
                          Sure they won a regional last year congrats, but it could of been one of the weakest regionals in the state of Illinois. Im not trying to offend anyone, but this is a premier job in my opinion and it has been botched. It is frustrating to watch this.

I did not even see this job opening posted online and they hired internally the JV coach from last year!

Now Coach O'Brien might be the right man for the job and I wish him the best, but this whole thing has been just an epic story of mismanagement and poor leadership.

Comment

Originally posted by ModestMouse View Post
                            I do applaud your efforts and I wish you all luck at Hinsdale South.

Having said that this has been a disaster for the past 4 years. Handled extremely poorly by the Athletic Director, who doesnt work there anymore. Hired a friend, who then quit and now doesnt even work at the school. Then hired his friend and he just coached one kid for 2 years.
                            Sure they won a regional last year congrats, but it could of been one of the weakest regionals in the state of Illinois. Im not trying to offend anyone, but this is a premier job in my opinion and it has been botched. It is frustrating to watch this.

I did not even see this job opening posted online and they hired internally the JV coach from last year!

Now Coach O'Brien might be the right man for the job and I wish him the best, but this whole thing has been just an epic story of mismanagement and poor leadership.
                            I do appreciate your input and everything with the situation. I just want to state that our AD is a great guy with a great ideas for our entire athletic program. I applaud him taking over a sports program with lots of potential.

Having said that, I will again defend my words from earlier and say our previous Coach did not ride one kid for two years. We had 4 state qualifiers last year, two of which were JRs. Our entire team is young and our previous head coach was very optimistic and excited for a new year. However, an opportunity for him to be closer to his family, for far less pay I might add, and he decided, with a very sad heart, to leave. We'll always have great respect for the man and do not hold any grudges with him. And again, coach O'Brien has a great outlook and bold plan for our program moving forward.
                            Earn Everything!

Comment

Originally posted by MU2010 View Post
                              I do appreciate your input and everything with the situation. I just want to state that our AD is a great guy with a great ideas for our entire athletic program. I applaud him taking over a sports program with lots of potential.

Having said that, I will again defend my words from earlier and say our previous Coach did not ride one kid for two years. We had 4 state qualifiers last year, two of which were JRs. Our entire team is young and our previous head coach was very optimistic and excited for a new year. However, an opportunity for him to be closer to his family, for far less pay I might add, and he decided, with a very sad heart, to leave. We'll always have great respect for the man and do not hold any grudges with him. And again, coach O'Brien has a great outlook and bold plan for our program moving forward.
                              BUT 3 coaches in 5 years is not a good look for a program, especially one with potential to be good... Very odd that they would not have opened up the search process especially since the last two hires have backfired badly.
                              "Intensity, Integrity, and Intelligence"

Comment

Working...
                              X