No announcement yet.

51st Rex Whitlatch Ranked Wrestlers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At least with ilwrestle.com you know you have competent people putting the brackets together.

Look at this one from the lower level tournament I attended this weekend that was outsourced to people that were using Trackwrestling.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-12-19 at 11.08.02 AM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	10.7 KB
ID:	841717

There were only 6 wrestlers in the Bracket and somehow they ended up with a pigtail to get into the Quarterfinal.

Multiple other brackets had pigtails with 9 or 10 wrestlers which is fine. BUt The ladys running the show decided to start the quarterfinals without wrestling pigtails because they couldn't figure out how to print the pigtail bouts. Pigtails didn't get wrestled until after the quarters were almost over. Needless to say there was a lot of dead time during the tournament.

I will take a smoothly run tournament with consistently updated brackets if my experience from this weekend is the alternative.

Heck 2 weeks ago th 16 coaches sat down after weigh-ins dranks some coffee and hand wrote out the brackets and bout cards. I will take that over inefficiency and incompetence.

Comment

Does Track pay anyone for the video content they sell or do they get that asset for free?

Comment

Originally posted by wrestle21 View Post
        At least with ilwrestle.com you know you have competent people putting the brackets together.

Look at this one from the lower level tournament I attended this weekend that was outsourced to people that were using Trackwrestling.

[ATTACH]624[/ATTACH]

There were only 6 wrestlers in the Bracket and somehow they ended up with a pigtail to get into the Quarterfinal.

Multiple other brackets had pigtails with 9 or 10 wrestlers which is fine. BUt The ladys running the show decided to start the quarterfinals without wrestling pigtails because they couldn't figure out how to print the pigtail bouts. Pigtails didn't get wrestled until after the quarters were almost over. Needless to say there was a lot of dead time during the tournament.

I will take a smoothly run tournament with consistently updated brackets if my experience from this weekend is the alternative.

Heck 2 weeks ago th 16 coaches sat down after weigh-ins dranks some coffee and hand wrote out the brackets and bout cards. I will take that over inefficiency and incompetence.
        That is not a trackwrestling issue. Garbage in, garbage out no matter the software.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Turban View Post
          Does Track pay anyone for the video content they sell or do they get that asset for free?
          I think the way it works is that Track (or Flo) charges the event host a fee for providing the broadcast infrastructure, but it's the event host that is actually generating the profit from the broadcast.

"Trackcast is a game-changing video streaming, recording, and replay solution completely integrated into the Trackwrestling platform. It allows users to easily incorporate video overlays with current match and tournament information into their broadcasts creating a professional looking stream that draws people in. The goal of the Trackcast platform is to empower organizations, teams, and event directors with the tools they need to broadcast their events and recognize the revenue streams associated with them."

http://s200.trackwrestling.com/tw/Ab...mnsaqzvglqlkjc

Comment

Originally posted by PapaBearSLIM View Post
            That is not a trackwrestling issue. Garbage in, garbage out no matter the software.
            I agree. I'm Just saying with the ILwrestle guys you know your getting the show put together the right way.

Comment

Originally posted by petersenkid2 View Post
              I think the way it works is that Track (or Flo) charges the event host a fee for providing the broadcast infrastructure, but it's the event host that is actually generating the profit from the broadcast.

"Trackcast is a game-changing video streaming, recording, and replay solution completely integrated into the Trackwrestling platform. It allows users to easily incorporate video overlays with current match and tournament information into their broadcasts creating a professional looking stream that draws people in. The goal of the Trackcast platform is to empower organizations, teams, and event directors with the tools they need to broadcast their events and recognize the revenue streams associated with them."

http://s200.trackwrestling.com/tw/Ab...mnsaqzvglqlkjc
              Hmm.

So theoretically you could recoup higher track costs and even generate profit from promoting TrackCast of your event.

I'm sure FloArena doesn't pay on content right? They pretty much just swallow it themselves. I do know they pay pretty good rights fees to premier events, but how economical is it for a run of the mill tournament to use FloArena?

Comment

Hmm.

So theoretically you could recoup higher track costs and even generate profit from promoting TrackCast of your event.

I'm sure FloArena doesn't pay on content right? They pretty much just swallow it themselves. I do know they pay pretty good rights fees to premier events, but how economical is it for a run of the mill tournament to use FloArena?
                You're comparing apples to oranges. Trackcast is video streaming for track while FloArena is the tournament software for Flo not the video streaming.

As far as video the similarities are both track and Flo can link/archive individual matches to brackets.

The big difference between them is:
                • Flo pays for the rights to stream an event so organizers have a fixed amount they receive for the brodcast. Flo provides the equipment and in some cases the manpower. For this Flo keeps all profits for their monthly/annual subscription service which gives access to all events they broadcast/other premium services if you have a subscription

• With Trackcast the event organizer pays trackwrestling a fee to broadcast an event using the trackcast platform. Then the organizer sets the price for customers and keeps the profits. Higher risk/reward than Flo model because profit is not fixed but based on subscribers to the single event. The event organizer also provides their own equipment and manpower while basically linking their stream to Trackcast.

Unfortunately Track and Flo don't work well together. They used to before they really started competing with Track adding streaming and Flo adding a platform to run tournaments. So if the tournament is run on Track but streamed by Flo there's usually no display until the later rounds/marquee matches that Flo can dedicate a body to manually input the info and run a separate clock/scoreboard that is not in sync with the Track system. This setup makes following a large tournament run on Track without the dashboard frustrating to watch on Flo. Randomly scrolling through 10-15 mats hoping you recognize a wrestler by site, not knowing score/period/time if already started or having to keep score on your own... match over, repeat. There are a few tournaments that do this.

Comment

This thread is starting to sound like saveca........remember him trying to bust up the IKWF by saying it is is pure capitalism, like pepsi or coke. They were trying to do it at PW and I think they got over on him good...
                  Always support your local wrestling tournament concession stands!!!

Comment

Originally posted by oldpioneer View Post
                    This thread is starting to sound like saveca........remember him trying to bust up the IKWF by saying it is is pure capitalism, like pepsi or coke. They were trying to do it at PW and I think they got over on him good...
                    I have zero problem with it. Programs don't survive on love alone. Things cost money!

Comment

I didn't mean to bring up ugly splits. But this is kind of like those battles, where nobody wins. I was in TX when that happened. Thanks to Jose Martinez for taking us in at Aurora East! btw, Na and Iz coached and practiced alone on one side of the room. It was like seeing in between a chess match and two male tigers going at it.............

Comment

I have zero problem with it. Programs don't survive on love alone. Things cost money!
                        I think the City of Chicago should start major clubs of all sports. It MUST be a member of that community. And PAY them well. crime will drop.........

For those who question this idea, riddle me this, "how many soccer fields are going on at one time on Saturday in Naperville?"

Comment

Working...
                        X