• p4p at this point

top 5 p4p at this point in the season

1Austin Gomez
    2Anthony madrigal
    3Jacob warner
    4Austin oconner
    5-Patrick Brucki

i know yoursaying WHAT OCONNER 4??????and Warner #3 behind #2

#Madrigal is the most well rounded in Illinois..... a hammer on top ....great scramler and low singles and arm drags from his feet no way to gameplan for him
    JREN off my list cuz a rough ironman but no doubt he will come back even better

P4P

Originally posted by Quickstick View Post
    top 5 p4p at this point in the season

1Austin Gomez
    2Anthony madrigal
    3Jacob warner
    4Austin oconner
    5-Patrick Brucki

i know yoursaying WHAT OCONNER 4??????and Warner #3 behind #2

#Madrigal is the most well rounded in Illinois..... a hammer on top ....great scramler and low singles and arm drags from his feet no way to gameplan for him
    JREN off my list cuz a rough ironman but no doubt he will come back even better
    I will give you a couple of guys that you have on this list. But I don't think you are top 5 if you aren't the number one spot at your weight for all three classes. My list goes like this.

1. Austin Gomez
    2. Jacob Warner
    3. Austin O'Conner
    4. Anthony Madrigal
    5. Jason Renteria

I.e. I put JRrnt on here because he wrestles a tougher schedule than Brucki. I put Madrigal down a couple spots because he doesn't dominate his opponents as well as the first three do.

Comment

Originally posted by Petey View Post
      I will give you a couple of guys that you have on this list. But I don't think you are top 5 if you aren't the number one spot at your weight for all three classes. My list goes like this.

1. Austin Gomez
      2. Jacob Warner
      3. Austin O'Conner
      4. Anthony Madrigal
      5. Jason Renteria

I.e. I put JRrnt on here because he wrestles a tougher schedule than Brucki. I put Madrigal down a couple spots because he doesn't dominate his opponents as well as the first three do.
      all valid points ....anyone of your top 3 you could make a case for #1 ...i agree about JREN but have a rough ironman and a loss to COURTNEY

but inthe long run those losses will just push him to get even better .....no doubt at years end he will .be back on my list where he belongs

Comment

I just wish we could see Warner and Brucki wrestle. I don't care if it's just exhibition...#1 and #2 in the country...I would PAY to see that!!!
        sigpic

"On the bloody morning after, one tin soldier rides away..."

Comment

Originally posted by mckbln View Post
          I just wish we could see Warner and Brucki wrestle. I don't care if it's just exhibition...#1 and #2 in the country...I would PAY to see that!!!
          that would be nice

i have a feeling that match will happen somewhere .......

like that OLD Clint Eastwood flick "Any which WAY YOU CAN"Warner can be Filo BETTO

great movie

Comment

I will go with Petey picks they look about right. But IMO Warner would beat Brucki pretty handily no matter what they r ranked 1 & 2 or 9 & 10 just my thoughts & my reasoning behind that is head to head prior meetings & common opponents.

Comment

We can put that to bed now.

Originally posted by mckbln View Post
              Well I think we can put this match to bed. If you paid your $150 dollars for last nights fundraiser at Poeta's place you definitely got your money's worth. There were some great matches! Great food and drinks! Great friends from wrestling families across the state. And great legends to see and hear from. I highly recommend attending this event in the future. As for the Warner/Brucki match it was decided from the first collar snap. When you put state champ vs state champ and both national rankings against each other you get a great match. Both kids battled without either one backing down. It was nostalgic as they wrestled each other their freshman year and not again until last night. Warner won the first meeting by a major decision. Warner Teched Brucki in under 4 minutes with a score of 16-1 in their second meeting last night.

Comment

Originally posted by Petey View Post
                Well I think we can put this match to bed. If you paid your $150 dollars for last nights fundraiser at Poeta's place you definitely got your money's worth. There were some great matches! Great food and drinks! Great friends from wrestling families across the state. And great legends to see and hear from. I highly recommend attending this event in the future. As for the Warner/Brucki match it was decided from the first collar snap. When you put state champ vs state champ and both national rankings against each other you get a great match. Both kids battled without either one backing down. It was nostalgic as they wrestled each other their freshman year and not again until last night. Warner won the first meeting by a major decision. Warner Teched Brucki in under 4 minutes with a score of 16-1 in their second meeting last night.
                Wow..... I dont get the opportunity to see to much of 2a wrestling but i was fortunate enough to see Warner at the dream team classic and i was blown away at how skilled he was ...his body language and physical stature doesnt stand out like you would think the #1 195in the nation would .
                5 seconds into his match there is no doubt he is the #1 195 lb wrestler in the country

Ive seen plenty of Brucki and when leaving his events i always thought wow that kid is a rare talent he looked huge and his his athletiscm and wrestling IQ combined with his strength and speed is a treat to watch ...

The fact warner teched him last night does not affect how good i feel Brucki is presently at all ...Brucki is as good as advertised but unfortunately Warner is just on whole different planet .....
                makes me wish i would have followed Warners high school career better .He is an amazing wrestler and cant wait to see him in college and competing in world class events and its not to hard to imagine him in the future draped in red white and blue with a Olympic gold medal around his neck

My P4P list as of today in folkstyle would look as follows
                1-Warner
                2-Oconner
                3-Renteria
                4-Gomez
                5-Woods
                Last edited by ratherthrowyathenknowya; 05-14-2017, 11:12 PM.

Comment

A bit off topic, I know, but does anyone know who won between Abas v Delgado?

Comment

Working...
                  X