MT Carmel-Marmion ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flynmaggot View Post
    Let's face the facts. You guys had about the same score as the 9th and 11th ranked teams and they had more kids missing then yours. It's Lockport and OPRF this year. Sorry.
    no its oprf right now until further notice .....if and when they do beat OPRF they can be included with the champs.......of course they area talented team and have a good chance just like Montini MC AND 3 or 4 other good squads .....im sure Lockport coaches and wrestlers feel the same way .....they know their good but know they got a lot work to do before crowned as 1 of 2 teams in illinois especially when oprf is the other team

im not saying lockport isnt a contender ..they are no doubt ....but its fools gold to think dual meets in november and december that are won and not really contested mean that you are a cut above everybody else except for the reigning champs

there is alot a wrestling still left any every team wants to knock off the champs... all good teams are thinking i want what OPRF has
    their not thinking i want to beat the champs and lockport......until LP gets it done in a win or go home dual meet and beat the champs lockport is one of many good teams all wanting what oprf has ....sorry those are the facts

Comment

Only MC improves?

Originally posted by Red Turban View Post
      Huh? English? You mean the teams we beat by 20 points? Still there were many swing matches in those as well that we did well to win on those days. Another day those matches might go differently.

Surely you're not talking about a dual on the 4th day of the season? I'm not saying anything new. It's been said by everybody credible.

Remember I'm the guy that started the Lockport hype train on these boards back in September, maybe earlier. And you guys said, wait and see. Not nuts here. I'm a homer, and I'll tell you myself when I'm being a homer. Otherwise, check my record. It's pretty dam good.

Trust me on this. Anybody who thinks they got it picked...is wrong.
      Your sole rationale for optimism is that somehow your team will improve more then the other three teams that had similar scores against Lockport that yours did. All three of those teams could make similar or better arguments on how they had injuries, sickness, ACT exams, etc.

Every team improves. Lockport just got two of their best kids back. Don't you think they might improve just a bit?

Comment

Originally posted by Flynmaggot View Post
        Your sole rationale for optimism is that somehow your team will improve more then the other three teams that had similar scores against Lockport that yours did. All three of those teams could make similar or better arguments on how they had injuries, sickness, ACT exams, etc.

Every team improves. Lockport just got two of their best kids back. Don't you think they might improve just a bit?
        I'll just leave this here for anyone else to address...

Gotta love IMM

Comment

Really simple. 14 weight classes. Find 7 wins. If you can find 7 win against any team you can beat them. If you can't find 7 then you probably won't beat them.

If you wanna keep the discussion going with more substance then list the 7 wins team A can get against team B. If you can't list them they probably don't exist.

Comment

Huh? English? You mean the teams we beat by 20 points? Still there were many swing matches in those as well that we did well to win on those days. Another day those matches might go differently.

Surely you're not talking about a dual on the 4th day of the season? I'm not saying anything new. It's been said by everybody credible. Team score spreads are irrelevant. The math says there are 14 winners and 14 losers. Whether you win by 1 or 7 points, the team score is the same 8 to 14 points the team score is the same. Team score means you won these matches and lost those. It doesn't tell you anything about the wrestling. You have to be there for that.

Remember I'm the guy that started the Lockport hype train on these boards back in September, maybe earlier. And you guys said, wait and see. Not nuts here. I'm a homer, and I'll tell you myself when I'm being a homer. Otherwise, check my record. It's pretty dam good.

Trust me on this. Anybody who thinks they got it picked...is wrong. 5-7 teams have a shot in 3A. If you were forced to make a wager go with Lockport or OPRF, but if you get two bets pick one of those two and somebody from 3-7.

Hey Quickstick, is there a line in there?
            of course i would never participate in something as ugly as gambling.....but just cause you asked RT i started poking around and was able to obtain the current money line for ya

OPRF -EVEN MONEY
            Lockport 3-1
            Montini 5-1
            caravan 6-1
            Lincolnway ,providence and marmion all 15-1

for any guidance in future wagers call 1-900-QUIK WIN
            for my fellow matmen brothers and sisters here is a tip you can get on matmen and matmen only from quickstck for free
            anytime an IZZY coached team is the underdog and gettin points bet the farm on them

all in good fun fellas please dont send the ihsa police and ban me from all wrestling venues lol
            gambling is a sin
            adleast the bears covered today ....just sayin

Comment

Marmion/MC/Montini all in the same sectional.
              1 of those teams are out.
              Providence and Lockport same regional
              1 of those teams out
              Providence/Lockport/LWW same sectional
              Let's say Lockport wins regional and wrestles LWW
              1 of those teams out

3 out of top 6 teams potentially out of the team state

Comment

Wow, hadn't realized this!

Originally posted by southsidehawkeye View Post
                Marmion/MC/Montini all in the same sectional.
                1 of those teams are out.
                Providence and Lockport same regional
                1 of those teams out
                Providence/Lockport/LWW same sectional
                Let's say Lockport wins regional and wrestles LWW
                1 of those teams out

3 out of top 6 teams potentially out of the team state
                Sandburg also. Wow IHSA.

If previous pairings rules apply, Summit would wrestle Tinley Park, and Batavia would wrestle Lagrange. Is that right?

Comment

So does anyone have the match results of this dual?

Comment

Of course this is SO IHSA and business as usual with their moronic regional assignments, random pea drawing, etc. Unfortunately since it's not football or basketball nobody cares.
                    sigpic

"On the bloody morning after, one tin soldier rides away..."

Comment

Sandburg also. Wow IHSA.

If previous pairings rules apply, Summit would wrestle Tinley Park, and Batavia would wrestle Lagrange. Is that right?
                      Traditionally you would be correct, first two alphabetically by city would be batavia regional and lagrange, followed by summit winner vs batavia winner

stab in the dark here but throughout here are gauntlets that will be run (without knowing who winners of team sectionals face) and stricktly by chalk in GEI team rankings but for purposes of discussion will still show how unbalanced it is even if seeds dont hold up

Barrington
                      Hononegah/Jacobs/huntley vs #13 Barrington
                      #8 Deerfield/#10 Stevenson vs #12 Wheeling

DGN
                      #3 MTC vs #9 Sandburg
                      #4 Marmion Vs #7 montini

Conant
                      #14 Conant vs #19 St. charles East
                      #1 OPRF vs ND??

DGN
                      #5 LWW vs #22 Edwardsville
                      #2 Lockport/#6 providence vs #16 moline

so recaping, by the time you even get to the round of 16, you have lost 4 of the top 10 and 6 of the top 16 teams currently. this is just at the weigh ins of team sectionals

and from the captain obvious department, DGN is a stacked sectional....
                      Last edited by HawkeyeMG; 12-18-2016, 11:37 PM. Reason: adding

Comment

What's the spread?

Originally posted by Quickstick View Post
                        of course i would never participate in something as ugly as gambling.....but just cause you asked RT i started poking around and was able to obtain the current money line for ya

OPRF -EVEN MONEY
                        Lockport 3-1
                        Montini 5-1
                        caravan 6-1
                        Lincolnway ,providence and marmion all 15-1

for any guidance in future wagers call 1-900-QUIK WIN
                        for my fellow matmen brothers and sisters here is a tip you can get on matmen and matmen only from quickstck for free
                        anytime an IZZY coached team is the underdog and gettin points bet the farm on them

all in good fun fellas please dont send the ihsa police and ban me from all wrestling venues lol
                        gambling is a sin
                        adleast the bears covered today ....just sayin
                        What's the over/under on the Dub Town Throw Down Dec. 23rd? #1 2A vs #1 3A! any points given?

Comment

Originally posted by Petey View Post
                          What's the over/under on the Dub Town Throw Down Dec. 23rd? #1 2A vs #1 3A! any points given?
                          A little to early to tell need to see the projected lineups and if oprf is gna be at full strength .....ive never even heard of this event before ...all the wrestling i watch and discuss and somehow this slipped by me .....
                          i now think the choice to bump guys up At hinsdale was a strategic move and great move by the coaching staff .....if some of the guys who could make most teams lineups get an opportunity to do well at a quality event Its a great way to get a better idea of how to fill your most competitive dual lineup around your two hammers
                          Like the early kid he fits in perfect between Jr And Madrigal

After 152 im not tat familiar with guys from both squads but they both looked good from 06-52 weight classesi heard some guy Warner is decent from wash. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Petey View Post
                            Dual match score of this one should be taken with a grain of salt. It won't be wrestled like a traditional dual with coaches moving kids around to get matchups in their favor. There are predetermined matchups to make for the most competitive/entertaining individual matches.
                            This one should be very fan freindly.

Comment

Working...
                            X