Ironman update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flynmaggot View Post
    Just saying that Lax is very physical. Nowhere close to wrestling but not a good example to use for an example of the wussification of our youth. Lax is a good choice for wrestlers that donít choose to go with the Greco/FS circuit in Spring but still want to play a fun physical sport.
    Rugby would be a good choice

Comment

I posted the video and put it on my facebook page. Old wrestling guys that spent a ton of time on the mat, in the stripes, and in the chair seemed to see it was obvious that the shoe was not properly secured and the call was absolutely right. They were even saying, "I don't know what the controversy is." PB or someone can you post the whole match?
      Always support your local wrestling tournament concession stands!!!

Comment

All I said on fb is that a mediocre wrestler, like me, would have tucked the foot in the arm pit. A great wrestler would control the foot, and grab the heel and point the toe at the bottom wrestler and make him take a seat. That is what made the shoe come off. This stuff is fun to discuss. An old time, retired coach at CS told me to watch the whole video. I would appreciate if someone posted it. Unless of course it cost $
        Always support your local wrestling tournament concession stands!!!

Comment

Originally posted by oldpioneer View Post
          All I said on fb is that a mediocre wrestler, like me, would have tucked the foot in the arm pit. A great wrestler would control the foot, and grab the heel and point the toe at the bottom wrestler and make him take a seat. That is what made the shoe come off. This stuff is fun to discuss. An old time, retired coach at CS told me to watch the whole video. I would appreciate if someone posted it. Unless of course it cost $
          Not sure if this will work. Might need to log in on Flo

https://www.flowrestling.org/video/6...-vs-real-woods

Comment

Originally posted by oldpioneer View Post
            I posted the video and put it on my facebook page. Old wrestling guys that spent a ton of time on the mat, in the stripes, and in the chair seemed to see it was obvious that the shoe was not properly secured and the call was absolutely right. They were even saying, "I don't know what the controversy is." PB or someone can you post the whole match?
            Shoes don't have to be properly secured. Only laces.

ART. 3 . . . Wrestlers shall wear light heelless wrestling shoes, reaching above the ankles. If the shoes have laces, the laces shall either be taped to the shoe or secured by a locking device on the wrestling shoe in an acceptable fashion.

Comment

Working...
            X