Team score

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team score

Every year HS wrestleing has rules changing. Will we ever see a change in team scoring? IMO an O.T. Win should be less than 3 pts. Another thought: we have a major dec. what about a minor dec?

Originally posted by Mencoe View Post
    Every year HS wrestleing has rules changing. Will we ever see a change in team scoring? IMO an O.T. Win should be less than 3 pts. Another thought: we have a major dec. what about a minor dec?
    So, should a pin in OT count for 3 pts.? 4? What then, 2.5 pts.?
    Should the wrestler that gets pinned in OT GET 1 point, since he made it to OT, and the winning wrestler get 6?

No, IMO, the scoring shouldn't change.

Comment

Originally posted by Crystal Clearly View Post
      Should the wrestler that gets pinned in OT GET 1 point, since he made it to OT, and the winning wrestler get 6?

Wow yes. You made it very confusing. An O.T. Win would make more sense if it was 1 team pt.

Comment

Wow yes. You made it very confusing. An O.T. Win would make more sense if it was 1 team pt.
        Maybe only .875 pts. We don't want to get ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Crystal Clearly View Post

I know this doesn't happen often.

But I'm with you crystal

Comment

Talk about promoting stalling if ot matches didn't make an impact in the team score

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar foot View Post
              I know this doesn't happen often.

But I'm with you crystal
              Hell is definitely freezing over.

Comment

Originally posted by GETOFFYOURHIP View Post
                Talk about promoting stalling if ot matches didn't make an impact in the team score
                I see it having the opposite affect. would be more action, less stalling trying to win The match in regulation time.

I knew when I started the thread these questions would be very unpopular.

Comment

I kinda like the idea you brought up of a minor victory. Maybe 1 or 2 points for that. Most OT matches are decided by 1 or 2 points. So maybe have it be 1-3 point victory worth less and keep 4-7 as 3 team points.

Overall though, I don't think team scoring for duals is a major issue facing the sport.

Comment

The scary part about this idea is that its so unnecessary that im afraid the IHSA rules committee might just be on board with it.
                    "If it aint broke dont fix it " IMO

Comment

Originally posted by ratherthrowyathenknowya View Post
                      The scary part about this idea is that its so unnecessary that im afraid the IHSA rules committee might just be on board with it.
                      "If it aint broke dont fix it " IMO
                      Be not afraid. Unles/until the NFHS changes their rules, the IHSA isn't going to change theirs.

Comment

Working...
                      X