No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by golden eagle 157 View Post
    Looking at the schedule online. Montini has Wyoming Seminary before Bergen Catholic. So they need to get through that one in good shape as well.

I would like to see the match ups for that meet.

If they can take down both those teams in one day in dual meets, it would be hard not to rank them #1 with what they have been doing this season.
    I could see them being ranked #1 but could also see Blair ending the season #1. It's not all about duals. Blair lost a tight dual to BC but also won the Ironman which is much tougher than dominating the Clash and Cheesehead. Also Montini was in the field at the Ironman.

I could see #1 going either way if Montini wins a close dual. If they catch fire and beat BC handily then it will be clear cut they are the best team in the country.

Comment

just the facts

Originally posted by PapaBearSLIM View Post
      I could see them being ranked #1 but could also see Blair ending the season #1. It's not all about duals. Blair lost a tight dual to BC but also won the Ironman which is much tougher than dominating the Clash and Cheesehead. Also Montini was in the field at the Ironman.

I could see #1 going either way if Montini wins a close dual. If they catch fire and beat BC handily then it will be clear cut they are the best team in the country.
      It would help seal the deal if Wyoming Sem beats Blair this week (I think they dual) and Montini wins both duals, then I think they are number 1.

Comment

Here are the nationally ranked wrestlers for Montini, according to Intermat:

#3 113lbs Dylan Ragusin
        #2 120lbs Joey Melendez
        #3 132lbs Real Woods
        #9 145lbs Jake Stiles...and I lobbied for that one
        #5 152lbs Will Lewan

On top of that you still have state ranked kids in Vasquez (106), Burnowski (126), Mayora (138), Ortiz (160), Christensen (195), Swier (182), and McNichols (285). IF they bring the same intensity that they brought to The Clash v St Edward, they can do it.
        Last edited by mckbln; 01-16-2018, 06:23 PM.
        sigpic

"On the bloody morning after, one tin soldier rides away..."

Comment

Izzy

We cannot ignore the "Izzy Factor". I first saw that last year when they defeated favored Marmion by 20. Izzy has a way of getting the most out of his wrestlers by a combination of preparation and inspiration.

Comment

Working...
          X