Rules on weather for sectionals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HandControl View Post
    Eliminate the two one hour breaks for the love of God. Wrestling till 11:00pm is asinine.
    You have to give the refs and table workers some break; they donít get 45 minutes between matches.

Comment

Originally posted by ctdad View Post
      You have to give the refs and table workers some break; they donít get 45 minutes between matches.
      Iíve worked tables for tournaments. Iíd much rather finish 2 hours earlier than take useless breaks.

Comment

Originally posted by ctdad View Post
        School district policy prohibits hosting events on days school is cancelled? That wouldn't prevent a Saturday start, but it could prevent a Friday one. Also, what happens if half the field is prevented from showing up due to district policies. Holding a 12 man bracket with a couple of no-shows is one thing, doing it with 5 or 6 is something else.

Also, think about the smaller, more rural schools. Just getting to a host school could be an issue if there's blowing and drifting snow. I know out this way, the Quad City metro city schools are often open when their rural counterparts are not (or they are delayed a couple hours) due the blowing and drifting that can occur in the open country on the county roads. The plans are in place to address all three levels and varying circumstances.
        What was the urgency for host teams to choose "plan B"? could/should they have waited till 8-9am this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Mencoe View Post
          What was the urgency for host teams to choose "plan B"? could/should they have waited till 8-9am this morning.
          I believe school cancellation at the host required all on site activities to be canceled per district policy.

Comment

Originally posted by HandControl View Post
            I believe school cancellation at the host required all on site activities to be canceled per district policy.
            I thought that too. Went on Barrington HS website and saw that while all schools are closed today, there was a list of activities that were still on. This included sectionals.

Comment

That’s usually the case with a weather related closure but the schools are always closed on Saturday’s and they still host events.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainefan View Post
                I thought that too. Went on Barrington HS website and saw that while all schools are closed today, there was a list of activities that were still on. This included sectionals.
                I'm under the impression it varies by district policy.

Comment

On a positive note. Wresters should be on weight if they are out there shoveling. Hell, some kids might drop a weight!!!!
                  Always support your local wrestling tournament concession stands!!!

Comment

No shoveling.

Originally posted by oldpioneer View Post
                    On a positive note. Wresters should be on weight if they are out there shoveling. Hell, some kids might drop a weight!!!!
                    OP you want to explain to your coach that you threw out your back shoveling? Of course not. That is why my wife shoveled instead

Comment

Originally posted by Flynmaggot View Post
                      OP you want to explain to your coach that you threw out your back shoveling? Of course not. That is why my wife shoveled instead

Actually, my post was lame. You can't change weight classes at sectionals anyway. As far as shoveling, my father never gave that a thought at all!!! With proper positioning it would actually strengthen your lower back. And I have a bad back. The first time it went out was tying my shoes before a quad at Thornwood in cold gym.
                      Always support your local wrestling tournament concession stands!!!

Comment

Originally posted by oldpioneer View Post
                        I'm not sure they know what a shovel is,they have not invented a app for that

Comment

Working...
                        X