No announcement yet.

Larkin Schedule vs. Hinsdale Central Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don’t know who came from where, but the word around the Oregon sectional was how good Montini’s “B” team (Aurora Christian) wrestled.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Turban View Post
      145 match was called perfectly. The better wrestler won, and is widening the gap. He was never in any real danger and only Montini supporters ever felt their wrestler was likely to score.

I was on the mat side of the gym and had a clear view of the final sequence. No td anywhere on the planet except MAYBE in Lombard... (or 64th & Dante, for some reason we always hire the away refs lol)... but I doubt it even there.
      Hmm. A disavowal yet no description?

A wrestler on top of his opponent behind the hips with arms around the waist of his opponent constitutes a takedown and control even if said wrestler's leg is being held onto between the legs of the person underneath.

Is a crab ride loss of control? The positioning I'm describing was most similar to that.

Is what it is now.
      "That which can be destroyed by the truth, should be." -- P.C. Hodgell

"No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth." -- Plato

“Being honest may not get you a lot of friends but it’ll always get you the right ones.” -- John Lennon

Comment

Originally posted by Truth is Out There View Post

A wrestler on top of his opponent behind the hips with arms around the waist of his opponent constitutes a takedown and control even if said wrestler's leg is being held onto between the legs of the person underneath.

Is a crab ride loss of control? The positioning I'm describing was most similar to that.

Is what it is now.
        Can't imagine there's no video out there...

Comment

Hmmm

Originally posted by Truth is Out There View Post

Is what it is now.
          Sounds like a similar position to what the 195 final wrestlers were in at Larkin late in the 3rd period. Two was not awarded there either. Rule discrepancy?
          Last edited by Flynmaggot; 02-11-2018, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Flynmaggot View Post
            Sounds like a similar position to what the 195 final wrestlers were in at Larkin late in the 3rd period. Two was not awarded there either. Rule discrepancy?
            A front headlock with an arm or a chest wrap is not loss of control either, but also neither establishes control to award a td.

This mentioned position happens 40 times a week in college and it's NEVER awarded a td. Flipside is it's also never awarded loss of control in a scramble either.

Comment

That was my understanding as well.

Originally posted by Red Turban View Post
              A front headlock with an arm or a chest wrap is not loss of control either, but also neither establishes control to award a td.

This mentioned position happens 40 times a week in college and it's NEVER awarded a td. Flipside is it's also never awarded loss of control in a scramble either.
              But TIOT appeared to have a rule interpretation disputing that. Perhaps not a rule just his opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Flynmaggot View Post
                But TIOT appeared to have a rule interpretation disputing that. Perhaps not a rule just his opinion.
                I don't think it is an actual rule interpretation.

Comment

Working...
                X