Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barrington Brackets

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Barrington Brackets

    Bracket Updates



    Sorry FoxesFan! I'm updating results on the web before the announcer even reads them!


    While they are in PDF format, you still need to refresh your browser each time for the latest update.
    Last edited by ILWrestle; 11-23-2018, 07:54 PM.

  • #2
    285 Tucker LP ???

    I don’t see him in the bracket! Is he knot competing yeat ???

    Comment


    • #3
      Tucker

      Originally posted by Leg_Cradle View Post
      I don’t see him in the bracket! Is he knot competing yeat ???
      He was there working with the team. Unfortunately, weight continues to be the issue.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by ILWrestle View Post
        Bracket Updates



        Sorry FoxesFan! I'm updating results on the web before the announcer even reads them!


        While they are in PDF format, you still need to refresh your browser each time for the latest update.
        We always appreciate your work at IlWrestle. Thanks for all you do

        Comment


        • #5
          ILWrestle

          Originally posted by FoxesFan View Post
          We always appreciate your work at IlWrestle. Thanks for all you do
          I second that, wholeheartedly.

          Comment


          • #6
            Did the semi final wrestle backs start yet?

            Comment


            • #7
              A few observations...
              • Freshman Lexi Janiak of Plainfield South really made a statement for the growth of tough female wrestlers in Illinois. This tournament was loaded with talent and Lexi, who was an IKWF state qualifier and took 3rd at Girls Pre-Season Nationals, showed she can compete with some of the toughest guys in Illinois, going 2-2, losing an exciting 2nd round bout to the eventual 4th place finisher at 106, after she bloodied him up and refused to get pinned. Great job Lexi!
              • The 113 lb. freshman champ from Lockport (Keegan Roberson) was a non-scoring extra! Their senior starter took 3rd..
              • Hats off to D.J. Hamiti (Joliet Catholic), 2A returning 106 state champ who bumped all the way up to 126 and gave 3A returning state champ Anthony Molton all he could handle. Molton prevailed in a 20-14 decision, one of the most exciting matches of the finals.
              • Joe Roberts' (Yorkville) 7-6 semi-final win over James Pierandozzi of Plainfield South was another exciting match... with Roberts down 5-1 coming back in a tough 3rd period. Baylor Fernandes (Lockport) however is a beast at 152 and dominated in the final.
              • Luke Rassmussen of Barrington's 4-1 semi-final win over returning 160 lb. state runner-up Brad Gross of Marmion was maybe the biggest upset of the tournament. Great title win for this host school junior!
              • Returning Cadet World Champ Matt Ramos (Lockport) was tournament OW! Michael Jaffe of Marmion however didn't make it easy for him.

              There were many other great moments... The gym was packed both days and fans were treated to just a glimpse of what's going to be an exciting new year! 10 of 14 #1 seeds won titles...

              Comment


              • #8
                I was there it was far from exciting she got majored and was never in that match but good for her nonetheless

                Comment


                • #9
                  Jose Ramos had a great tournament as well. I'm sure he was in the OW conversation.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Barrington

                    106 Diego Sotello gave notice that he is the the big dog ay 106.

                    at 113 the top 3 were very impressive.
                    1. Keegan Robertson, Fr (LPT)
                    2. Andrew Perez, So (HC)
                    3. Jake Lukaszcyk, Sr (LPT)

                    120 was stacked with the top 4 being returning state placers. Matt Ramos earned his OW by wrestling superbly to win against Enzo Silva and Michael Jaffe.

                    126 Anthony Molton could have have been a co-OW. His relentless attack with such quickness was even too much for DJ Hamiti, who is a master at defense and mat wrestling.

                    132 Danny Pucino has such strength and balance. It appears that you have to make a perfect shot with enough misdirection to take him down.

                    138 Congratulations to Michael Gunther for taking 1st 2 years in a row.

                    145 Trevor Chumbley, defending state champion, showed that to be on his level you have not only to be strong on your feet but have to deal with his being a hammer on top and suburb in scrambles.

                    152 Baylor Fernandes on every scramble seems to end up on top. Especially in his championship match with Joe Roberts, it appeared on a few occasions that Roberts had the upper hand, but in the end it was always Fernandes getting the points.

                    160 Cannot say enough for what Luke Rasmussen did at this tournament. Saw him last year, going through an injury plagued sophomore season. He built himself up to a strong 170 lber with an enormous tank. Upsetting the #1 and #3 seeded wrestlers. He did that by wrestling hard for 6 minutes. At the end of each match he appeared to be able to go for another 6 minutes.

                    170 Peter Ferraro. What a feel good story. Last year he finally comes back from injury to have a second injury and never get to wrestle. Added to that, I am pretty sure this is the first time he is not having to wrestle up at least one weight. I also want to compliment Quinlan Nelson (WN) for how well he wrestled at this tournament.

                    182 Josh Labarbera. 2 years in a row he has had an impressive tournament. In 2 years, his only loss was to a state championship finalist. Need to praise the job done by Patrick Daum (MRM), taking 2nd. He looks like a 160 lber bumped up because of the studs at 160 and 170.

                    195 Nick Stemmet continued where he left off from his impressive showing at the state tournament, continuing to dominate. Need to give a shout out to Ryan Damenti (LIB), for his strong showing.

                    220 Max Gomez (STEV) What a performance! Don't let up on this wrestler for a second. After exciting victories over the evential 3rd and 5th place winners, the pin in the finals brought the Stevenson faithful to their feet with cheers. If I remember correctly, Gomez was losing at the time. Even though he lost, I believe that Ben Stemmet, will be a force at 195

                    285 Jose Ramos had a claim to OW by being the only champ to pin his way through the tournament. He is an exciting wrestler, who is both strong and quick, and has a shot for a state title.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by ILWrestle View Post
                      A few observations...
                      • Freshman Lexi Janiak of Plainfield South really made a statement for the growth of tough female wrestlers in Illinois. This tournament was loaded with talent and Lexi, who was an IKWF state qualifier and took 3rd at Girls Pre-Season Nationals, showed she can compete with some of the toughest guys in Illinois, going 2-2, losing an exciting 2nd round bout to the eventual 4th place finisher at 106, after she bloodied him up and refused to get pinned. Great job Lexi!
                      • The 113 lb. freshman champ from Lockport (Keegan Roberson) was a non-scoring extra! Their senior starter took 3rd..
                      • Hats off to D.J. Hamiti (Joliet Catholic), 2A returning 106 state champ who bumped all the way up to 126 and gave 3A returning state champ Anthony Molton all he could handle. Molton prevailed in a 20-14 decision, one of the most exciting matches of the finals.
                      • Joe Roberts' (Yorkville) 7-6 semi-final win over James Pierandozzi of Plainfield South was another exciting match... with Roberts down 5-1 coming back in a tough 3rd period. Baylor Fernandes (Lockport) however is a beast at 152 and dominated in the final.
                      • Luke Rassmussen of Barrington's 4-1 semi-final win over returning 160 lb. state runner-up Brad Gross of Marmion was maybe the biggest upset of the tournament. Great title win for this host school junior!
                      • Returning Cadet World Champ Matt Ramos (Lockport) was tournament OW! Michael Jaffe of Marmion however didn't make it easy for him.

                      There were many other great moments... The gym was packed both days and fans were treated to just a glimpse of what's going to be an exciting new year! 10 of 14 #1 seeds won titles...

                      Hey, I wasn't in attendance but I have a few observations of my own:

                      Observation #1:
                      My stance on girls wrestling has been stated pretty clearly in the past. My question is if someone "bloodied up" a girl wrestler, would you be crowing about it too?

                      Boys do not want to wrestle girls. It has nothing to do with them being afraid of being beat. It has to do with them being raised right.

                      Wrestlers are in high demand in the workforce. For a lot of reasons. Know who I would hire first? The kid who was a prohibitive favorite to win it all in Iowa a few years ago... but settled for third place because he wouldn't wrestle a girl in the semis.

                      I would advocate ALL wrestlers to do the same. We'll either get girls wrestling up and running the way it should be OR USAW will stop shoving it down our throats.


                      Observation #2:
                      By all accounts, the Torres brothers (who bring us ILwrestle.com) are amongst the most respected and liked folks in our sport in the state.

                      I would guess they would have to be to still be getting gigs...

                      Ilwrestle.com is a joke. Smoke signals and cave paintings would be an upgrade to the "bulletin board" approach they're currently providing for tournament results.

                      I'll stop short of reminding everyone how easily that tournament could be run in one day AND how stupid it is to have a tournament on Thxgiving weekend to begin with...

                      I know Trackwrestling has its faults but fer chrissakes please consider a technology upgrade if you want to compete with them.

                      Track is the best way to run a tournament. It certainly beats putting out updates once every 8 hours. And it's still better than Flowrestling no matter how pretty Flo looks and how many east coast Yahoos are telling me how great Flo is.


                      Observation #3:
                      Nobody "bumped up" to 126. He grew. Some people don't believe in the one step forward, two steps back to the maturation process.
                      "That which can be destroyed by the truth, should be." -- P.C. Hodgell

                      "No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth." -- Plato

                      “Being honest may not get you a lot of friends but it’ll always get you the right ones.” -- John Lennon

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I agree they need to use track. They use it for the regional they run.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by 40 Reasons View Post
                          I agree they need to use track. They use it for the regional they run.

                          I believe there's an IKWF rule/by-law which mandates use of Trackwrestling for Regionals and Sectionals.

                          And while many of the IKWF's attempts at shaping behavior are pure claptrap, I am completely in favor of this one.

                          In fact, it's my opinion that all HS duals should use Track as well. It's ridiculous that we have a resource like the internet and coaches still need to call other coaches to find out what someone's lineup was when they wrestled an upcoming opponent.


                          Using Track makes everything easier.
                          "That which can be destroyed by the truth, should be." -- P.C. Hodgell

                          "No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth." -- Plato

                          “Being honest may not get you a lot of friends but it’ll always get you the right ones.” -- John Lennon

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Truth is Out There View Post
                            Hey, I wasn't in attendance but I have a few observations of my own:

                            Observation #1:
                            My stance on girls wrestling has been stated pretty clearly in the past. My question is if someone "bloodied up" a girl wrestler, would you be crowing about it too?

                            Boys do not want to wrestle girls. It has nothing to do with them being afraid of being beat. It has to do with them being raised right.

                            Wrestlers are in high demand in the workforce. For a lot of reasons. Know who I would hire first? The kid who was a prohibitive favorite to win it all in Iowa a few years ago... but settled for third place because he wouldn't wrestle a girl in the semis.

                            I would advocate ALL wrestlers to do the same. We'll either get girls wrestling up and running the way it should be OR USAW will stop shoving it down our throats.


                            Observation #2:
                            By all accounts, the Torres brothers (who bring us ILwrestle.com) are amongst the most respected and liked folks in our sport in the state.

                            I would guess they would have to be to still be getting gigs...

                            Ilwrestle.com is a joke. Smoke signals and cave paintings would be an upgrade to the "bulletin board" approach they're currently providing for tournament results.

                            I'll stop short of reminding everyone how easily that tournament could be run in one day AND how stupid it is to have a tournament on Thxgiving weekend to begin with...

                            I know Trackwrestling has its faults but fer chrissakes please consider a technology upgrade if you want to compete with them.

                            Track is the best way to run a tournament. It certainly beats putting out updates once every 8 hours. And it's still better than Flowrestling no matter how pretty Flo looks and how many east coast Yahoos are telling me how great Flo is.


                            Observation #3:
                            Nobody "bumped up" to 126. He grew. Some people don't believe in the one step forward, two steps back to the maturation process.



                            Re: #1, Raising a young man "right" means he shouldn't have to wrestle a girl in a championship round of a major tournament, or any match? I guess that's your opinion and you're welcome to it. But have you asked any girl wrestlers or their coaches or their parents how they feel about this mixed competition? They deserve the same respect. I asked Lexi's coach if she thought about competing at a freshman or JV tournament. He said she wouldn't have it! I bet that you believe that a wrestler should never have to compete against a gay person either? Guess what, there are gay wrestlers wrestling at all levels right now. Would you send your kid out onto the mat if you knew his competition was gay?

                            Re: #2, My FREE Google website is purely intended to be a one-stop shop for COACHES...period. Whether it's a skin sheet you need, quick link to IHSA info, a roster to enter on a free Google form, or a one-click look at ALL brackets on your phone while you're hustling between mats...simpler is better. Why in the world would I want to compete with Track? Of course it's meant to be a "bulletin board." There's no advertising or fee to pay and I'm certainly not going to put any money or time into it to make it look more contemporary. Coaches bookmark my site at the beginning of the tournament and don't have to click 50 times to hunt through brackets to see who their kid's got next. They just refresh. Yes, I've used Track at some of my tournaments, when the IHSA paid for it. Frankly, I hate it. In that short hour between weigh-in and first whistle when you've got 20+ changes to make and re-draw brackets, my 16-bit cave man software is much more efficient.

                            The most important thing you're not considering is what it's like to be a coach, ref or competitor at a tournament. Delays are unacceptable, for any reason. Imagine two guys all warmed up to go out and compete and then have to wait five minutes while the scoring table has to re-boot their device. It's happened even at the State tournament. I had to do updates from my phone on Saturday because the wi-fi dropped for over half an hour at Barrington (probably maintenance.) Imagine if all 8 mats were on iPads using Track. Moreover, please call Track and ask them to allow private contractors the ability to use their software for FREE. If I had used Track for all 11 of my tournaments last year, I would've had to pay them over $2000 in fees just to use their software. If the A.D.s who hire me want Internet perks over efficiency, they're welcome to hire somebody else. Again, ask any coach or official who has been to one of my tournaments. They're the constituents I'm out to service, not the stay at home Internet fan. I have yet to hear a single official say... jeez, I wish you would've used Track!

                            Re: #3, You say "grew", I say "bumped up." I've been in this sport for 44 years....we speak a different language. Anybody who jumps 3-4 weights classes in one year of course has grown. I went from 98 to 126 between frosh and soph years. I bumped up. But then again, I also had my wrestlers bump up a weight class at times just to get some better competition.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by ILWrestle View Post
                              Re: #1, Raising a young man "right" means he shouldn't have to wrestle a girl in a championship round of a major tournament, or any match? I guess that's your opinion and you're welcome to it. But have you asked any girl wrestlers or their coaches or their parents how they feel about this mixed competition? They deserve the same respect. I asked Lexi's coach if she thought about competing at a freshman or JV tournament. He said she wouldn't have it! I bet that you believe that a wrestler should never have to compete against a gay person either? Guess what, there are gay wrestlers wrestling at all levels right now. Would you send your kid out onto the mat if you knew his competition was gay?

                              Re: #2, My FREE Google website is purely intended to be a one-stop shop for COACHES...period. Whether it's a skin sheet you need, quick link to IHSA info, a roster to enter on a free Google form, or a one-click look at ALL brackets on your phone while you're hustling between mats...simpler is better. Why in the world would I want to compete with Track? Of course it's meant to be a "bulletin board." There's no advertising or fee to pay and I'm certainly not going to put any money or time into it to make it look more contemporary. Coaches bookmark my site at the beginning of the tournament and don't have to click 50 times to hunt through brackets to see who their kid's got next. They just refresh. Yes, I've used Track at some of my tournaments, when the IHSA paid for it. Frankly, I hate it. In that short hour between weigh-in and first whistle when you've got 20+ changes to make and re-draw brackets, my 16-bit cave man software is much more efficient.

                              The most important thing you're not considering is what it's like to be a coach, ref or competitor at a tournament. Delays are unacceptable, for any reason. Imagine two guys all warmed up to go out and compete and then have to wait five minutes while the scoring table has to re-boot their device. It's happened even at the State tournament. I had to do updates from my phone on Saturday because the wi-fi dropped for over half an hour at Barrington (probably maintenance.) Imagine if all 8 mats were on iPads using Track. Moreover, please call Track and ask them to allow private contractors the ability to use their software for FREE. If I had used Track for all 11 of my tournaments last year, I would've had to pay them over $2000 in fees just to use their software. If the A.D.s who hire me want Internet perks over efficiency, they're welcome to hire somebody else. Again, ask any coach or official who has been to one of my tournaments. They're the constituents I'm out to service, not the stay at home Internet fan. I have yet to hear a single official say... jeez, I wish you would've used Track!

                              Re: #3, You say "grew", I say "bumped up." I've been in this sport for 44 years....we speak a different language. Anybody who jumps 3-4 weights classes in one year of course has grown. I went from 98 to 126 between frosh and soph years. I bumped up. But then again, I also had my wrestlers bump up a weight class at times just to get some better competition.
                              Mick, don't listen to this yahoo. You're the best in the business. Few people on this planet can do what you do. Whenever I walk into a tournament and see you at the head table, I know its going to be an enjoyable day.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X