Providence Celtics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Providence Celtics

How is my Providence looking this year for wrestling? Living in NH trying to keep up with my alma mater...just looking for info. I see they aren't ranked, so not looking good for them. Nothing in local newspaper (Joliet Herald).

Was hoping new coach would attract quality wrestlers again. Any info??? Thanks in advance!

They might be a top 25 team.

Lost to...
    (2) Marmion 50-24
    (6) St Charles East 55-23

Big test this week vs...
    Marist
    St Rita
    (4) OPRF
    (5) DeKalb
    (1-2A) Washington

Comment

Overall, there testing numbers at the entrance exam last weekend were alarmingly low. 225 testers Between males and females. They may have some PR issues to overcome before getting back on track.

Comment

People seem to forget that Providence took 3rd last year and about half their lineup returned this year. Plus a seasoned freshman class. When the dust settles at the end of the year Providence will be making noise in February, as usual.

Comment

Correct but we’re they the 3rd best team? Or did they simply receive a lucky draw?

Comment

Thanks.

Originally posted by Balls in a box View Post
            People seem to forget that Providence took 3rd last year and about half their lineup returned this year. Plus a seasoned freshman class. When the dust settles at the end of the year Providence will be making noise in February, as usual.
            That's what I thought, but wasn't sure about transfers - was afraid they got annihilated by transfers. Thought they'd be better ranked this year cause of their finish last year, but these early-season scores above are horrendous.

Thanks to all for reports!!!

Comment

Originally posted by nofx View Post
              Correct but we’re they the 3rd best team? Or did they simply receive a lucky draw?
              100% correct!
              👍

Comment

I don't know, but

what's your point? What are you trying to say? I don't know, so just asking. Sounds ominous.
                Last edited by Provi72; 12-04-2018, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Provi72 View Post
                  what's your point? What are you trying to say? I don't know, so just asking. Sounds ominous.
                  They’ve had some internal issues, not to mention that stunt their football team pulled last fall. Their losing a lot of kids to LWE and Lockport. On the bright side, they’ve got a great, young head coach! But they seem like a team and a school currently at a crossroads...

Comment

They’ve had some internal issues, not to mention that stunt their football team pulled last fall.
                    Drinking on a Tuesday? You're dying to tell us so go ahead!

Comment

Originally posted by mooseknuckle View Post
                      Drinking on a Tuesday? You're dying to tell us so go ahead!
                      Not here to to start a fight. Google it. The media had a field day with it

Comment

Googled it, don't know what you are talking about. Perhaps you mean this but I doubt it because this was not a "stunt"...

https://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...007-story.html
                        There are two guys in that zebra costume! Very funny...

Comment

Originally posted by Blonjuan44 View Post
                          Googled it, don't know what you are talking about. Perhaps you mean this but I doubt it because this was not a "stunt"...

https://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...007-story.html
                          No, I was referring to a few other situations which may have contributed to their low turnout at test day, which ultimately will affect the wrestling team.

But in reference to the forfeit against Mt. Carmel, that’s another stain on their reputation. Just my humble opinion.

Comment

Sounds like your jealous. Don’t be a hater. 10 years from now those kids are going to remember getting third. The kids that didn’t win will be making excuses. Either you did or you didn’t. That’s the problem with sports or parenting in general is the mommies and daddies making excuse for there kids. Be positive for the kids or keep your week excuses in your house. Less than 10 percent make something out of it past highschool. Give it a rest.

Comment

No excuses here, and definitely no jealousy. That’s laughable. I’m just arguing that their 3rd place finish was misleading since their were arguably 10 teams better than them. And I’m guessing most of those kids know they weren’t the 3rd best team. But good luck to them and their new coach!

Comment

Working...
                              X