X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's going on at Hinsdale?

https://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...220-story.html

WOAH!

That's insane. How is this possible at schools as (generally) affluent as these? What awful leadership by the school district.

No Football (While this is a wrestling forum...I had to re-read the football part over to make sure I was reading it correctly), Wrestling, Swimming (and water polo), Band, Cheerleading, Poms, Bass Fishing (they have a bass fishing team?)....
    www.facebook.com/SouthSideOutlawsWC
    Family Over Everything

Comment

Will never happen...

Comment

Infrastructure plan = 46 million, football program for 1 year= 145,817. Sounds like leverage. The main cost is security, which if done well should make no effect on school days, which is ironic.
        There are two guys in that zebra costume! Very funny...

Comment

No way it will happen. This is just a scare tactic to pass the referendum. Proviso has been doing that forever. While we are under contract the district constantly touts themselves as financially solvent with a surplus. As soon as negotiations come around, they cry poor!! I mean, we have to cut holes in the bottom of the buses for the kids to make them roll broke. No more books, just rocks. No more sports.......
          Always support your local wrestling tournament concession stands!!!

Comment

The board wants changes, the tax payers should start with replacing everyone on the board for using sports to get there referendum passed.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnA View Post
              The board wants changes, the tax payers should start with replacing everyone on the board for using sports to get there referendum passed.
              Maybe said taxpayers should have just voted for the original increase in taxes that was proposed for this purpose. The condition of the Hinsdale schools is embarrassing given the income base of the community.

Comment

They can't get rid of the Bass Fishing Team!

Comment

Originally posted by onyourtoes View Post
                  WOAH!

That's insane. How is this possible at schools as (generally) affluent as these? What awful leadership by the school district.

No Football (While this is a wrestling forum...I had to re-read the football part over to make sure I was reading it correctly), Wrestling, Swimming (and water polo), Band, Cheerleading, Poms, Bass Fishing (they have a bass fishing team?)....
                  I think I read that 3 times.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Turban View Post
                    Maybe said taxpayers should have just voted for the original increase in taxes that was proposed for this purpose. The condition of the Hinsdale schools is embarrassing given the income base of the community.
                    I was thinking the same, something ain't right.

Comment

Central is very old, guessing 1920's. They have the banners up in the main gym and I remember seeing some pretty old ones. Probably built around the same time as York. I love history. We wrestled there for the HC invitational tourney, I like the seating above the floor. The only place I like more is Argo, I was waiting for lions to come out of the tunnels like the Colosseum! For a swimming team that literally sends kids to the Olympics and football/wrestling sending kids to the NFL. There is no way they will cancel. I can't speak for the taxpayers, but if I didn't want to pay I would call their bluff. I would go in there and say to the board, "no matter what you say, do you know what we are going to hear next year?" When they asked what I would say, "Blue 32, Omaha, set, set, hut, hut, hike!"

What happens a lot in districts is they have to be equitable. If they put a new pool in at Central, then one needs to go in at South.
                      Always support your local wrestling tournament concession stands!!!

Comment

Don't be surprised if someone gets in some trouble over money spent or better yet not spent,stay tuned.

Comment

Working...
                        X