No announcement yet.

Holdouts & Redshirts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many elite prep schools are 5 year high schools (more common on the E.Coast to get into the Ivy's), at least they used to be. Commonly more for academic advantage than athletic but I wouldn't doubt some of those wrestling all-star boarding schools have 5 year students...they don't compete in the state series to rules don't apply - that is also why BYU does good in football, many players go on "religious missions" and are commonly 2-3 years older than regular students...
    There are two guys in that zebra costume! Very funny...

Comment

How much does Louie Hayes weigh his freashman year?

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Campbell View Post
        How many kids are doing this?
        I would assume this is a decision most commonly decided at Kindergarden & 1st grade. It probably has more to do with the availability of a stay at home parent or not. Or possibly when moving from another country.
        There are two guys in that zebra costume! Very funny...

Comment

My son wrestled last weekend at Larkin and weighed 86. Holding back was never an option.

Comment

Originally posted by onyourtoes View Post
            I know he had a pretty good year, but do you remember what Mario actually weighed his freshman year at MC? I assume he was below 103 then?
            101 during football season. I told him at the IKWF State Finals that he was not playing football in the Chicago Catholic League unless he weighed 100 pounds by the start of summer practice. He really loved football way more that wrestling so my statement motivated him. The next day and every day there after he went to the gym to lift before school and after. He drank tons of Protein shakes daily but he made it. At the growth increase in January he was 105, everyone else was 106 and above. One senior 103 cut from 125 and still lost in the quarters...lol. The next year fat testing started. Mario won 34 matches that freshman year, the CCL, the sectional and qualified. Still can remember a few matches that he got muscled but he had fun and in the end that is what mattered the most.
            Last edited by MR TWISTER; 12-22-2018, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X