4 Metea vs Plainfield C

RD 3
    1 NV vs Plainfield C
    2 Lockport vs Barrington
    3 Bolingbrook vs Glenbard N
    4 Metea vs Bradley

Good luck to all teams participating.

Real stroll down memory lane for me.

Back when I was wearing blue and gold, Neuqua had offered a "Parent Season Pass" which allowed entry to all events for about $140 or $160.

Now let me preface by saying I think it is a travesty that we charge parents to come watch their kids participate in athletic events. We sacrifice our time with our kids to allow schools to profit from it -- and we're hit with these additional charges ON TOP of the athletic fee we already pay for their participation.

I remember showing up for this Mega Duals and being told, "Oh, your Season Pass isn't valid for this... please pay the admission fee."

I explained that the season pass was supposed to allow me to view ALL sports events without having to reach into my pocket each time.

The nasty ticket lady responded that it didn't include this event.

I asked where it specified that?

She said it's always been like that. Can't beat logic like that.

Not willing to spend the last $5 I had on me on anything except a pretzel, I went to the bathroom then snuck in through the fieldhouse door.

Later on, nasty ticket lady actually sniffed me out in the stands and asked where was my hand stamp?

I responded it had washed off while washing my hands in the bathroom.

She looked at me the same way any garden variety witch eyes down any of her spell-casting targets.

Next year, the back of the season card had a disclaimer which specifically excluded entry to the Neuqua Mega Duals.

The entire Neuqua experience for me was vaguely reminiscent of the scene in Goodfellas where boss Paulie was taking on ownership of the Bamboo Lounge.

"Business bad? "F*** you, pay me." Oh, you had a fire? "F*** you, pay me." Place got hit by lightning, huh? "F*** you, pay me."

Again, good luck to all teams participating.
    "That which can be destroyed by the truth, should be." -- P.C. Hodgell

"No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth." -- Plato

“Being honest may not get you a lot of friends but it’ll always get you the right ones.” -- John Lennon

Comment

Are you kidding me????!!!! My son is a Neuqua wrestler and my wife & I will have to pay again?

What a bunch of crap if that's still the case. We bought the damn family pass for goodness sakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Grapple20 View Post
        Are you kidding me????!!!! My son is a Neuqua wrestler and my wife & I will have to pay again?

What a bunch of crap if that's still the case. We bought the damn family pass for goodness sakes.
        No idea if that is that's still the case. Check the back of your card.

Someone may have wised up.

And please don't infer any aspersions to the wrestling folk either then or now.

Mick Ruettiger was a great coach and leader of men and my son benefitted from being under his tutelage and I have many things to thank him for.

I think it's a bit of a travesty how he ultimately got treated on his way out but that's a product of that environment.

And the current regime impresses me greatly. Coach Mucha is a great matside coach it seems and has surrounded himself with talented assistants who are getting the most out of the wrestlers in the lineup.

I wish them continued luck and success.

Thankfully, this is not a football website...

“Being honest may not get you a lot of friends but it’ll always get you the right ones.” -- John Lennon

Comment

SOB - on the back it states that it excludes all tournaments and IHSA Playoffs.

Comment

Yep. That's the disclaimer they added. I call it the Kevin clause.

I asked around about this and was told that the District actually gets all of the money from the Season Passes and the school gets nothing that's why they run the tournaments OUTSIDE of the Season Pass, so to speak.

Oh you paid for the Season Pass? F*** you, pay me!

Helps explain Kathy Birkett's nearly $400K retirement package.

Or Lord knows what they paid Barb Barrows upon exit from her multi-year reign of terror. Whatever it was, it was certainly worth all of it... and more... to be rid of her, that is.
            Last edited by Truth is Out There; 01-11-2019, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Neuqua Wrestling View Post
              Mat RD 1
              1 NV vs Lockport
              2 Bolingbrook vs Metea
              3 Barrington vs Glenbard North
              4 Plainfield Central vs Bradley

RD 2
              1 NV vs Barrington
              2 Lockport vs Glenbard N
              3 Bolingbrook vs Bradley
              4 Metea vs Plainfield C

RD 3
              1 NV vs Plainfield C
              2 Lockport vs Barrington
              3 Bolingbrook vs Glenbard N
              4 Metea vs Bradley
              Looks like some great wrestling. Well worth the outrageous 5 whole dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by ModestMouse View Post
                True. They probably won't accept ten half dollars... if you have to crack your piggy bank to cover it.

No making it hail at Neuqua.

Comment

"Not willing to spend the last $5 I had on me on anything except a pretzel"

Lmfao

Comment

I'd try to use it. MegaDuals are not playoffs or a tournament! IHSA is pretty specific on what constitutes a tournament date and this will not be one of any of those teams 4 tournaments. Bring your by-laws and magnifying glass and win this argument.

Comment

Originally posted by BDrag View Post
                      I'd try to use it. MegaDuals are not playoffs or a tournament! IHSA is pretty specific on what constitutes a tournament date and this will not be one of any of those teams 4 tournaments. Bring your by-laws and magnifying glass and win this argument.
                      There is no "win this argument" at Neuqua. F*** you, pay me.

Neuqua previously considered the mega-duals a dual team tournament. Seriously. Things may have changed. I certainly hope so.

But I would spare anyone the trouble of trying to use reason and/or logic in the land of F*** you, pay me.

Sounds like a city in Japan: Fokyu Pai-Mee.

Use the door on the west side.

Comment

Originally posted by ModestMouse View Post
                        When you're paying $200 for a family pass you shouldn't have to pay $5 for a home event.

Comment

Or option B...put on the mascot uniform and get in for free.

Comment

When you're paying $200 for a family pass you shouldn't have to pay $5 for a home event.
                            My point exactly. I'd take it a step further and say if your kid is a member of the team you shouldn't have to pay at all.

NV Booster Club ends the year with a >$100,000 surplus -- I was a board member.

It becomes a question of what to do with the money.

I think they'd do okay without my $5 or yours.

Comment

Originally posted by chino1992 View Post
                              Or option B...put on the mascot uniform and get in for free.
                              That's a trick too. They make you pay for dry-cleaning it.

Comment

Working...
                              X