Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crystal Clearly View Post
    Who said they should cancel? Not me.
    Read dummy - postpone.... (it is a word you may not have heard of)

Postponing an event does not mean it is cancelled, it means they will have the event at a later date.

You should also go back and read the part where I say "through no fault of their own" - obviously another confusing group of words called a sentence.

People could be driving perfectly and one of those careless and offensive drivers you so eloquently mention hits said perfect driver head on, because they left early to go to a wrestling meet because of the "Four in a half inches of snow in the midwest" so they could take their time and be safe.

Is it really a big deal that a meet/meet/tournament gets postponed? (There's that word again).

OR

Are you just upset that I didn't jump on your "pussification" bandwagon?

BOOM - THERE it is........
    With your name calling, we know who is upset. HA ha ha.
    Do you really think all these teams will have the same open day to attend a tourney? Like I said, cancellations for many teams for 4 inches of snow today.
    Last edited by Stritchjanitor; 01-19-2019, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Crystal Clearly View Post
      Who said they should cancel? Not me.
      Read dummy - postpone.... (it is a word you may not have heard of)

Postponing an event does not mean it is cancelled, it means they will have the event at a later date.

You should also go back and read the part where I say "through no fault of their own" - obviously another confusing group of words called a sentence.

People could be driving perfectly and one of those careless and offensive drivers you so eloquently mention hits said perfect driver head on, because they left early to go to a wrestling meet because of the "Four in a half inches of snow in the midwest" so they could take their time and be safe.

Is it really a big deal that a meet/meet/tournament gets postponed? (There's that word again).

OR

Are you just upset that I didn't jump on your "pussification" bandwagon?

BOOM - THERE it is........
      Team Scores
      1 Oak Park River Forest Varsity 146.5
      2 Christian Brothers 144.5
      3 Dakota 130.5
      4 Arrowhead 104.5
      5 Plainfield Central 30.0
      6 Oak Park River Forest Jr Varsity 27.0
      7 Crystal Lake Central 0.0
      7 Crystal Lake South 0.0
      7 Huntley 0.0
      7 Minooka 0.0
      7 Plainfield East 0.0
      7 Urbana 0.0

maybe they will part 2 next weekend. So convenient to get an open gym anytime as well.
      CANCELLED

Comment

Originally posted by Stritchjanitor View Post
        With your name calling, we know who is upset. HA ha ha.
        Do you really think all these teams will have the same open day to attend a tourney? Like I said, cancellations for many teams for 4 inches of snow today.
        Not upset, I was insulting you. "HA ha ha"

Since you feel that safety, irregardless of your assessment of the amount of snow (which has gone from "Four in one half inches" to now 4) should be thrown out because of the inconvenience of rescheduling a tournament, it must be that these are obviously the toughest teams and parents/spectators in the whole of Illinois.
        My congratulations to you.

I hope everyone got there and home safely.

My point was to simply say that the meet/tournament hosts decision to postpone (or cancel) their respective activities was made in the interest of the safety of the teams and their parents/spectators and you insulting them for the "pussification of Illinois" was quite simply ridiculous.

If you are such a snowflake that is even more delicate than those "Four in one half inches" (or is it 4?) piled up out there than how did you make it to the tournament without a Valium?

Comment

Originally posted by MR TWISTER View Post
          I remember in 2005 CCL was scheduled to be held at Gordon Tech (DePaul today) and at 4:00 a.m. must of been 4-6 inches of heavy snow on the ground. My son was #1 @125 and was going for his 3rd title when he walked past me fully dressed, back pack on for an 8a.m. Weigh in. On a normal day it would take 45 mins to get there but this day 1.5 or more depending on the over night plows. So my wife ask with a really groggy & sleepy voice, ďAre we cancelled yet.Ē The wrestler replyís, ďGet dressed Mom. Itís wrestling, snowing and itís Chicago. Both will go on every January. We need to leave in 30.Ē We left at 5:00 rolled into to GT at 7:00. Everyone else came too. It snowed all day too but no one cared because we were wrestling. Snow donít stop real wrestling.
          The real hero of the day was the bus driver for Bishop Mac. Don't know how he got the team from Kankakee to north side of Chicago in that snowstorm.

Comment

Originally posted by ctdad View Post
            Spoken like a true cityite. Put that same 6 inches on a rural road with 20 mph winds and itís a far different story.
            True. I just felt like we had no choice but to go. Everyone else was. But your right, rural roads are a lot different. Over the years been to a lot of HS and college tournaments driving in storms. I can think off hand going to state at U of I, Northern Iowa and somewhere in Ohio for a college regional. There are no plows in Iowa and Ohio. We have it really good here in Illinois.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainefan View Post
              The real hero of the day was the bus driver for Bishop Mac. Don't know how he got the team from Kankakee to north side of Chicago in that snowstorm.
              Yeah but they were there. Wonder what time they left for weigh ins.

Comment

Working...
              X