Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Oak Park and Montini just wrestle in their 5th tournament?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Did Oak Park and Montini just wrestle in their 5th tournament?

    Montini wrestling
    Ironman
    Dvorak
    Buchanan
    Beat The Streets
    CCL

    Oak Park wrestling
    Hinsdale Central
    Powerade
    The Clash
    Beat The streets
    OP Invite

  • #2
    Originally posted by 40 Reasons View Post
    Montini wrestling
    Ironman
    Dvorak
    Buchanan
    Beat The Streets
    CCL

    Oak Park wrestling
    Hinsdale Central
    Powerade
    The Clash
    Beat The streets
    OP Invite
    I don't believe Beat The Streets was a tournament.
    Matchups were determined prior to the event they were just dual meets

    Comment


    • #3
      Even if it was it wouldn't matter

      Comment


      • #4
        If OPRF wrestles a conference tournament then that would be 5.

        Only allowed 4.

        Someone correct me
        If Iím wrong.

        Comment


        • #5
          Mike Powell in his Beat the Streets write up called it a tournament.

          In 1995 they canceled the dual state meet for the same reason. This should get interesting

          They gave out places:


          Duals Results
          1st Place - Lake Highland Prep
          2nd Place - Bergen Catholic
          3rd Place - Montini Catholic
          4th Place - Oak Park River Forest
          5th Place - Poway High School

          Comment


          • #6
            Beat the streets was definitely duals with no chance of being a tournament.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by coachperry View Post
              Even if it was it wouldn't matter
              Cool story!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by 40 Reasons View Post
                Mike Powell in his Beat the Streets write up called it a tournament.

                In 1995 they canceled the dual state meet for the same reason. This should get interesting

                They gave out places:


                Duals Results
                1st Place - Lake Highland Prep
                2nd Place - Bergen Catholic
                3rd Place - Montini Catholic
                4th Place - Oak Park River Forest
                5th Place - Poway High School
                In 95 there were no dual tournaments, all tournaments in question were individual

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by will-I-am View Post
                  Cool story!
                  Was it a cool story ? Or is it true? Or only when you think somthing is wrong?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by coachperry View Post
                    Was it a cool story ? Or is it true? Or only when you think somthing is wrong?
                    I can speak from experience that when a private school makes an infraction of the rules the Ihsa is very quick to throw the book at them. Ihsa hates privateís almost as much as you do

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by will-I-am View Post
                      I can speak from experience that when a private school makes an infraction of the rules the Ihsa is very quick to throw the book at them. Ihsa hates privateís almost as much as you do
                      I dont hate private schools at all I really dont care either way, maybe you have the experience maybe you dont but I find it hard to believe that the ihsa would do anything. Just from past comments.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        their schedule calls it super duals.

                        http://il.8to18.com/oprf/schedule/wr.../b/v/2018-2019

                        but of course if it was in the paper it must be true. They never never ever get anything wrong in the paper and people are never misquoted....

                        Ive printed results from track and handed it to the reporter interviewing me after a dual and they still have screwed up reporting the correct match results

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Sure seems like a dual team tournament.

                          LHP takes home the Dual Team Title @btschicago beating Bergen Catholic, Montini, Oak Park River Forest & Poway HS. Great job boys & thanks to @CoachMikePowell & crew for including us @trackwrestling trackwrestling @the_rudis @lhpsofficial #wrestlingFL @lhpsnews @LHPS_athletics

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by HawkeyeMG View Post
                            their schedule calls it super duals.

                            http://il.8to18.com/oprf/schedule/wr.../b/v/2018-2019

                            but of course if it was in the paper it must be true. They never never ever get anything wrong in the paper and people are never misquoted....

                            Ive printed results from track and handed it to the reporter interviewing me after a dual and they still have screwed up reporting the correct match results
                            And just because they call it one thing on their OWN internal website does not make it a super dual.

                            But of course, if it was published by OPRF it must be true. OPRF has never manufactured a story or stretched the truth about anything.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Tournament

                              My understanding of a team tournament is that the winners of either the match or the group compete and the losers go to a lower bracket. Lake Highland faced all teams and defeated them all. It would make sense to say that they were the winners of the duals. I was at the Stevenson duals, where Huntley won all 3 of their matches. One could legitimately say they won the duals without calling that a tournament.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X