What effect will the weather have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Earl Campbell View Post
    I didn't say I was a senior. I started shaving when I was 14. Everyone who could grow one had one in the 70's.
    You are right Earl Campbell

The guy you quoted was a 98lb senior and he defiantly did not have a mustache.

Comment

We just have to be thankful this weather is hitting us now. It could have happened Friday and Saturday. Regionals would have taken place next Tuesday.
      It is nice that someone can find the positive in something that for the rest of us is barely endurable.

Comment

I didn't say I was a senior. I started shaving when I was 14. Everyone who could grow one had one in the 70's.
        I missed out. My HS years were in the 60's. Didn't start shaving till college. My dad kept laughing at me when I would ask to borrow his razor cause I thought I saw some peach fuzz starting to grow.

Comment

I here you bro. In the 70's I was a 98 pounder who had to deal with the same weather. I put on four pairs of sweats over my plastics. 3 pairs of socks so I could fit in my dad's work boots.
          Ran 8 miles down Route 66, while my buddies followed me in their truck drinking Busch eating pizza , jamming Led Zepplin over an intercom speaker. I had icicles on my mustache. They laughed at me the whole way, calling me a crazed lunatic.
          It would be rare to find a kid like that now. But, maybe that's why I became a Special Operations soldier.
          Wow, talk about coincidences. I wrestled both junior and senior years at 98lbs, although I didn't have the stache. Only weighed 95lbs as a junior, and didn't have to cut weight. Then came the growth spurt, jumped to 112lbs and had to put on the long underwear and plastics. The first two years wrestling 118lbs at Augustana College never had to cut weight, and didn't have to cut much my junior year but because I could beat both the starting 126 and 134lbers I was forced to wrestle up a lot. Wrestling made it EASY to adapt to the military life and the ability to self-motivate and drive on through rough conditions. It also helped prepare me to be a Special Operations soldier and handle 24 years in the Army.
          sigpic

"On the bloody morning after, one tin soldier rides away..."

Comment

Working...
          X