Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dshenaut View Post
    Taking from State Farm Center website:

**Please note we have made an exception to ALLOW video cameras into the venue for this event. iPads WILL NOT be allowed in, however, in accordance with our existing policy.**
    Why would IPAD's not be allowed? I don't get this? Also the no laptops is frustrating as there is a lot of down time and would love to get some work done. What would be their concern over these items?

Comment

Originally posted by HandControl View Post
      Why would IPAD's not be allowed? I don't get this? Also the no laptops is frustrating as there is a lot of down time and would love to get some work done. What would be their concern over these items?
      My guess is that IPads and Laptops put a strain on the Arena wireless connection which can cause failure or lag to the tournament systems.

Comment

Originally posted by A boyz 3 View Post
        My guess is that IPads and Laptops put a strain on the Arena wireless connection which can cause failure or lag to the tournament systems.
        Policy from a different location at the site: I am sure the other message takes precedence - which is the event page. This makes it weirder because it was just lumped in with the video reference.
        "Cameras are allowed. Detachable lenses, video or audio recording and iPads are prohibited. This policy may vary by event. Please check the event page for show specific policies."

Maybe you are correct. Weird. Perhaps when you hold up a big flat devise in front of the people behind you - might cause some "issues." There would be much more data streaming around at that arena for a big 10 game with students than a bunch of older parents, and they are not going to change out the hardware. And there are tons of IPads, without the Ipad name - so perhaps you can bring in a Microsoft Surface or some phone hybrid - not an Ipad...a system lag for a wrestling tourney at a premiere college would be embarrassing. Its not the system you would have in your house. Unless they are mining bitcoin wouldn't be much more taxing on system than your phone. Sometimes you have to use your phone as a hotspot for computer regardless.
        Last edited by Blonjuan44; 02-01-2019, 04:52 PM.
        There are two guys in that zebra costume! Very funny...

Comment

Working...
        X