My Annual Regional Message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Annual Regional Message

Regional weekend will see approximately 6000 wrestlers compete in the 3 classes. While most of our discussion centers on who will win state championships or qualify for state, the reality is that only 1/3 of these will move on to sectionals, and only 1/3 of those will get to Assembly Hall.

Saturday, about 4000 kids will see their season end. Many of these will be seniors, who will be wrestling for the final times in their careers. All deserve a salute, whether they got 4 years or 1 year or never made it out of the JV room. No matter what level of success they have had on the mat, they have all taken a journey that few are willing to try.

To the parents of seniors, next weekend and (hopefully) the 2 after that will be a time filled with emotion for both you and your wrestler. It cannot really be described; only know that they will run the gamut.

To all those who will be attending regionals, when one of your team's seniors leaves the mat for the final time, give an extra cheer and encourage all around you to do the same. He (or she) has earned it.
    Last edited by ctdad; 01-31-2019, 09:01 PM.

Originally posted by ctdad View Post
    Regional weekend will see approximately 6000 wrestlers compete in the 3 classes. While most of our discussion centers on who will win state championships or qualify for state, the reality is that only 1/3 of these will move on to sectionals, and only 1/3 of those will get to Assembly Hall.
    Saturday, about kids will see their season end. Many of these will be seniors, who will be wrestling for the final times in their careers. All deserve a salute, whether they got 4 years or 1 year or never made it out of the JV room. No matter what level of success they have had on the mat, they have all taken a journey that few are willing to try.

To the parents of seniors, next weekend and (hopefully) the 2 after that will be a time filled with emotion for both you and your wrestler. It cannot really be described; only know that they will run the gamut.

To all those who will be attending regionals, when one of your team's seniors leaves the mat for the final time, give an extra cheer and encourage all around you to do the same. He (or she) has earned it.
    I always enjoy your annual message because the words ring so true.

Comment

As well as it could be said, thank you Sir

Comment

What a great annual Regional message.

Comment

Fantastic message!

Comment

Thanks, Again, ctdad

Well said as it is each year. It’s hard to believe that it’s been 12 years since my oldest wrestled his last high school bout. And 7 years since the youngest. Time marches on. Now, I speak from experience when I say that wrestling has provided benefits well beyond the mat. My salute to all wrestlers with special emphasis to those that will compete for the final time this weekend.

Comment

Well said

Originally posted by ctdad View Post

Saturday, about 4000 kids will see their season end. Many of these will be seniors, who will be wrestling for the final times in their careers. All deserve a salute, whether they got 4 years or 1 year or never made it out of the JV room. No matter what level of success they have had on the mat, they have all taken a journey that few are willing to try.

🤼*♂️ EXACTLEY 🤼*♀️

Can’t wait till assembley hall !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Allways some great wrestling…….

Comment

Ten years ago I witnessed my first Regional, Sectional, and Finals. Your word brought it all back (again), Thanks for the re-memories ctdad.
                Grab the moment wrestlers/coaches/families & friends.
                The man who is at the peak of his success, and the man who have just failed are in exactly the same position. Each must decide what he will do next.
                Jigoro Kano

Comment

Working...
                X